Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Well since there are roughly 38,000 church structures in the world I would say that if a group came into being it wouldn't be nearly as unified or powerful as al-qaeda because Christians nitpick every idea of theology they can get their hands on so membership would be strongly in flux. I picture like a handful of independent, small churches just getting out of hand and maybe attacking like parades with homosexuals or abortion clinics or something like that.

It would never be an attack against the government because remember that America is God's nation and you have to be a good strong gun-toting bible-thumping republican to be a real Christian. :p

(P.S.: I am of course kidding)

Upvote 0

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Well since there are roughly 38,000 church structures in the world I would say that if a group came into being it wouldn't be nearly as unified or powerful as al-qaeda because Christians nitpick every idea of theology they can get their hands on so membership would be strongly in flux. I picture like a handful of independent, small churches just getting out of hand and maybe attacking like parades with homosexuals or abortion clinics or something like that.

It would never be an attack against the government because remember that America is God's nation and you have to be a good strong gun-toting bible-thumping republican to be a real Christian. :p

(P.S.: I am of course kidding)
I'm all for gun-toting and bible-thumping, but I think you have to be a Libertarian. ;)

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No kidding? Are there any outside of Spain? ^_^
Lebanon, there is a very small American Falangist party but that is kind of a joke.
I believe the Irish IRA and the Spanish ETA groups would fit the description of a Christian al-Quaida!
from what I have heard the IRA is more secular, it is based on nationalism and anti-British feelings, there is a Catholic identity but no spirituality, but I am not an expert on it, so don't take my word for it, this is just what I hear

Upvote 0

y00zee

Sep 30, 2007
✟15,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If by Christian you infer the literal interpretation of the word, taken from the greek Christianos, which means "follower of Christ", then no, there could never be a Christian al Qaeda. The reason being that nobody can truly be a follower of Christ and slaughter men/women/children in the name of Jesus, as well as killing themselves in the process. Suicide and murder both break God's laws, and while those who follow God have in the past murdered, the bible is clear on how God will judge them for doing so. Taking a life is a sin, and is only allowed in very selective instances, terrorism isn't one of them.

Could there be those who claim to come in the name of Jesus, as they slaughter humans, yes, but they'll be liars.

Upvote 0

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
If by Christian you infer the literal interpretation of the word, taken from the greek Christianos, which means "follower of Christ", then no, there could never be a Christian al Qaeda. The reason being that nobody can truly be a follower of Christ and slaughter men/women/children in the name of Jesus, as well as killing themselves in the process. Suicide and murder both break God's laws, and while those who follow God have in the past murdered, the bible is clear on how God will judge them for doing so. Taking a life is a sin, and is only allowed in very selective instances, terrorism isn't one of them.

Could there be those who claim to come in the name of Jesus, as they slaughter humans, yes, but they'll be liars.
:thumbsup:

And that's why, following my pastor's lead, I usually call myself a Christ-follower rather than a Christian. It means the same thing, and clarifies the meaning. And it's a better conversation starter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, the Christian Reconstructionism movement seems pretty scary to me, but my worry isn't that they would turn terrorist, but that they would come into power by democratic means and establish a theocracy

That basically constitutes the real threat here. Not a Christian Al-Qaeda so much as a Christian Taliban. Something that makes Handmaid's Tale world look benign by comparison. :eek:

Puke. No thanks.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Aye, liars indeed, but Revelation still states that "all the world wondered after the beast." (Rev 13:3). Furthermore, it states that the second beast which makes an image to the first, has two horns LIKE a lamb, but speaks like a dragon. Last but not least by any means, we have this warning from Christ Himself:

John 16:1-4(a)
1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them.​

Upvote 0