Chicago Police Officer Slams DUI Woman Into Bench - Files False Report and Receives Probation

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,634.00
Faith
Atheist
"-- A Chicago woman is being awarded $875,000 in a lawsuit where she accuses a police officer of using excessive force during her arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence.

Video of the March 2013 incident shows the officer shoving 47-year-old Cassandra Feuerstein against a concrete bench in a jail cell. Prosecutors say the impact broke a bone in her face and loosened her teeth.

Feuerstein claimed the officer then filed a false report claiming she resisted police to explain his actions.
Former Skokie police officer Michael Hart pleaded guilty to official misconduct and was sentenced to two years of probation."

http://pix11.com/2015/12/20/woman-a...her-against-concrete-bench-during-dui-arrest/

At 0:22 into the video of the police action in which the woman broke a bone in her face is shown.

The officer committed the violation in March 2013. Even with video evidence, it took 2 and a half years for any consequences of the action, and even then, it was just probation.

Assault by officer, followed by a false report. Officer gets a 2 year probation for his illegal actions. Again, we see that when the police abuse their authority, even when there is concrete evidence that shows their misconduct, more often than not, they receive a slap on the wrists.

Reactions: brinny

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"-- A Chicago woman is being awarded $875,000 in a lawsuit where she accuses a police officer of using excessive force during her arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence.

Video of the March 2013 incident shows the officer shoving 47-year-old Cassandra Feuerstein against a concrete bench in a jail cell. Prosecutors say the impact broke a bone in her face and loosened her teeth.

Feuerstein claimed the officer then filed a false report claiming she resisted police to explain his actions.
Former Skokie police officer Michael Hart pleaded guilty to official misconduct and was sentenced to two years of probation."

http://pix11.com/2015/12/20/woman-a...her-against-concrete-bench-during-dui-arrest/

At 0:22 into the video of the police action in which the woman broke a bone in her face is shown.

The officer committed the violation in March 2013. Even with video evidence, it took 2 and a half years for any consequences of the action, and even then, it was just probation.

Assault by officer, followed by a false report. Officer gets a 2 year probation for his illegal actions. Again, we see that when the police abuse their authority, even when there is concrete evidence that shows their misconduct, more often than not, they receive a slap on the wrists.

Completely agree.

I do believe, this was a Skokie police officer though, not Chicago.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The sad truth is, if there was NOT any video, absolutely nothing would have happened to this officer and the fiction of his police report would have been believed.

Just think of how many times this happens when there is no video present?

Even with video it took 2 and a half years for a sentence.

Despite this, there are still those who believe that the ONLY way police can maintain law and order is with an iron fist and a hair trigger. And there will still be those who say, "Well she shouldn't have been arrested for DUI".

*sigh*

sheeple just can't see the truth, and the truth is, our system is broken and needs serious reform.

If I shoved a cop into a bench and broke several bones in his face and there was video evidence, how long would it take for my trial and conviction? And what would my sentence be?

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,634.00
Faith
Atheist
Completely agree.

I do believe, this was a Skokie police officer though, not Chicago.

You are correct, i think i started to create the thread with "Chicago woman", but thought the thrust of the story was the lack of accountability of the officer, and changed it to refer to the officer and not the woman. It was a Skokie officer.

Mods, if you see this and would like to change the thread title to "Skokie" Police officer rather than "Chicago" Police officer, it would be appreciated.

Upvote 0