Jun 10, 2011
✟15,211.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What is the fundamentalist perspective on Chaz Bono, for those of you who are unaware Chaz is the former daughter of Sonny and Cher who came out as a lesbian a while back and has now undergone a surgical sex change and legally changed her sex. apparently he's [?] causing quite a stir on "dancing with the stars" so what do you guys think ?

14959oz.jpg

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I think 'Chaz' is just like all of us without Christ - confused, not comfortable in how we are created, wanting to do something different to feel good. There's even more pressure on celebrities and celebrities' kids. It is unfortunate that a 'sex-change' is how she dealt with her internal issues. But we all deal with issues, low self-esteem, confusion in ways that are destructive and not GOd's best when we aren't relying on Him in our lives.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

Lean Forward

Cultural Christian
Jun 10, 2011
✟15,211.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
in the fundamentalist perspective do you think there is any hope for Chaz's salvation ? or is a sex change simply going too far from God's grace ? would Chaz be welcome as legally a man, now heterosexual [?] I suppose... in a fundamentalist Church environment ?

Upvote 0

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, there is hope for salvation! God wishes that NONE should perish! He can still reach out to her and you know what, so can the Body of Christ! It takes truth and love to talk to a person about the Lord, but only the Holy Spirit can convict and prod people to repentance/salvation.

I won't speak on behalf of fundie churches as I'm not in one.

Upvote 0

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
in the fundamentalist perspective do you think there is any hope for Chaz's salvation ? or is a sex change simply going too far from God's grace ? would Chaz be welcome as legally a man, now heterosexual [?] I suppose... in a fundamentalist Church environment ?

Mat 7:1Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Mat 7:3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beamisin thine own eye?
Mat 7:5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Upvote 0

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
People tend to use that verse to say that we can't ever point out anyone's faults. This just is NOT the case. We speak the truth in love to build a person up not to tear them down. However, there is definitely some tearing down of sin that must occur when we come to Christ. Sometimes that does take the accountability and exhortation of a mature brother/sister in Christ.

You know, 'Let the godly strike me, it is a kindness'. Now to say 'You're going to hell", that is definitely passing judgment. But to say "repent, for the kingdom of God is near", that is what we're called to do.

So by NO means does it mean we ignore sin. It does mean that we don't pass condemnation.

Upvote 0

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People tend to use that verse to say that we can't ever point out anyone's faults. This just is NOT the case. We speak the truth in love to build a person up not to tear them down. However, there is definitely some tearing down of sin that must occur when we come to Christ. Sometimes that does take the accountability and exhortation of a mature brother/sister in Christ.

You know, 'Let the godly strike me, it is a kindness'. Now to say 'You're going to hell", that is definitely passing judgment. But to say "repent, for the kingdom of God is near", that is what we're called to do.

So by NO means does it mean we ignore sin. It does mean that we don't pass condemnation.

So how often do you think Bono reads this board? What good does it do to "point out anyone's faults" here when they will not be looking "here?" No, you just want to try proving you are somehow "better" than they are like the hypocrite Christ was talking about.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Webster,

you quoted a piece of Scripture: 2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

That's why we should always use God's judgment for we will all be judged by Him. He has given us the criteria of His judgment in His word. The real issue that is at question if one uses the word of God to make right judgments is what measure we mete. Will we 'mete' love or hate? I can judge Chaz's sin with the word of God and make the discernment that the lifestyle this person is living is not pleasing to God. God has laid it out and written it all down. There's no ambiguity as to what He means. But how will I mete out whatever response I make to the sinner. If I mete out in love, then the word of God in this very passage tells me that so will God mete out my measure.

So, don't be too quick to condemn just asking questions about such behaviors, that's not what this passage you quoted is correcting. It is the response that Jesus was speaking of. Your condemnation, if any, should be based on the Scriptural correction concerning gossip.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Reactions: JRSut1000
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BTW, if you had been alive in Paul's day is that what you would have responded to Paul when he wrote that a man who had his father' wife should be put out of the fellowship? Would you have stood up to Paul and said, "Hey, wait a minute here. Judge not that ye be not judged..."

Reactions: JRSut1000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, I think sin is sin. If someone is curious about God and wants to know more about Him, they are totally welcome! He welcomes us all to come to Him and like I said, desires that none should perish. However, if being in the church for a while, this person seeks a position of ministry or leadership, then the sin should most certainly be dealt with.

Basically what I'm saying is that we have ALL sinned, hence we NEED God! But once we are His, we aren't expected to remain in our sins but to repent and turn from our sins and obey Him.

Upvote 0

Lean Forward

Cultural Christian
Jun 10, 2011
✟15,211.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Honestly, I think sin is sin. If someone is curious about God and wants to know more about Him, they are totally welcome! He welcomes us all to come to Him and like I said, desires that none should perish. However, if being in the church for a while, this person seeks a position of ministry or leadership, then the sin should most certainly be dealt with.

Basically what I'm saying is that we have ALL sinned, hence we NEED God! But once we are His, we aren't expected to remain in our sins but to repent and turn from our sins and obey Him.

How would you purpose Chaz deal with it ? obviously a person with homosexual desires can chose celibacy but the sex change is rather permanent I would think ?

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2011
✟8,473.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What still hasn't been answered is if you would welcome Chaz in your church or really any transgendered individual knowing the had undergone a "sex change" and for the fundamentalists do you think it's worse than homosexuality ?
I believe Chaz started out lesbian, and as sin carries you further and further from who you were created to be, It brought her to the point she lost her whole female indentity........but one word from God can change all that!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Apr 11, 2011
✟2,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What is the fundamentalist perspective on Chaz Bono, for those of you who are unaware Chaz is the former daughter of Sonny and Cher who came out as a lesbian a while back and has now undergone a surgical sex change and legally changed her sex. apparently he's [?] causing quite a stir on "dancing with the stars" so what do you guys think ?

14959oz.jpg
She is still genetically a she regardless of any self-imposed physical ugliness, mutilation, political propaganda, or costume.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0