butterfly33

Nov 11, 2004
✟7,861.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
hey there

ok well last yr when i was an immature christian i changed from a presbyterian church where all my best friends were to a pentecoastal church because the pentecoastal one was so much more fun. i joined the band straight away and started going there heaps more. At the time i didnt know u should be committed to one church so i was going to both, equal amounts. now i know that its more wise to be committed to one church, and i feel that God wants me to go back to the the pressy one because i really dont fit in as well at the pentecoastal one. They both teach me really well but i feel that i get the support i need at the pressy church. i dont know what to do but because i have committed to the band at the pentecoastal one and now they want me to help run youth that is on the same nite as my bible study at the pressy church. if i could choose again, i'd choose the pressy church because ive learnt that freindship is worth more than fun and dancing around. should i go back to the pressy church? should i stay at the pentecoastal? should i keep going to both? what is ur advice?

Dondi

Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are your priorities? Are you looking to be fed and grow in the Lord or are you wanting to serve and be a blessing to others?

It looks to me that you are being fed more at the pressy church, but serving others at the pentacostal church. I would find that a difficult decision to make myself. But what is it about the pentacostal church that makes you think you don't fit in? Is it because your friends go to the pressy church?

I admire you desire to use your talents in the band. But by the same token, I'd personally think you need to be committed to one church. Is there anyway you might be able to use your musical talents in the pressy church? Do you play a specific instrument or sing?

Upvote 0

butterfly33

Nov 11, 2004
✟7,861.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
you sound like you've hit it right on the mark Dondi, i guess i do fit in a the pentecoastal church but i just fit in better at the pressy cause they are my BEST friends there. I can use my talents to serve in the pressy church. They asked me once before but i declined because i was really busy at the time and church wasnt really a priority (i was only a very new christian at that stage)....

Upvote 0