Nov 12, 2003
Home
Visit site
✟11,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i am married and I like it that way. it is interesting when people ask 'who should I marry' as their first question and look to the Bible. It is a good question, but before Paul talks about who we should marry he asks the reader if they ought get married. I guess I don't hear people really honestly ask "Should I get married?" but they automatically assume "Who should i marry?" I dunno, anyways.

Upvote 0

CCinoklahoma87

Geek4God
Feb 18, 2009
stigler, Oklahoma
Visit site
✟7,926.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have felt the desperate need to go on the hunt for a possible future husband, due to being single sometines is the only thought in my head at times, but have prayed and had God speak to me personally thru my conscience, and He told me to be patient, and wait until i develop my character and get out on my own some before being concerned with marriage and dating. I plan on listening to God, and if my soulmate suddenly shows up at the right time, then I'll be happy, but I'll be either way :)

Upvote 0

DaffodilFlower

Reach out in love to others :)
Nov 2, 2008
N/a
✟529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is anyone here full of joy wanting to be single? I am!
greenstars.gif

We all know that there are benefit and cons being single all your life but that is why you have girlfriends you go out with. :)

There is so much you can do being single and living for the Lord and for the poor so it is not all that bad. Well it gets depressing to know you can't have kids because you want to be single but you can always adopt if you really want to have kids. :)

But look for opportunities on how you can be useful being single for a time. :) Pray and ask the Lord.

But if you want to marry well sometimes it is not about waiting but about actively getting to know the other sex. With no hidden intentions! But just being friends and see how things goes.

There is a book called 'how to get a date worth keeping' in the first chaper Henry Cloud was talking to lillie where she said that God has not given her a husband and she needs to wait on God for that. This is how it started, There were out at dinner and henry cloud was talking to lillie about not being able to find a husband, He found out that while she was attractive and outgoing she was not doing anything to find the man of her dreams. He made a deal with her that he would be her dating coach and she must do everything he said. And in six months she will be dating :)

Guess what? In five months she was dating!!!!!! :) So times you need to pro active about these things. :)

Here is a good book for us girls on how we can devote ourselves to the Lord a challenge! :)

Setapartgirl.com and also click on my signature and you will learn alot! :hug:

If anyone of us is single and want to be single it helps if we can think of the wonderful blessing it is to be single. It just becomes to depressing if we think about married couples and how wonderul they life is because they are married. And we think about yourlselves and see that we are still single and no kids. :( It hurts but what helps me is that I just bring all my desires to the Lord and that becomes a joy that surpass marriage. :)

Use those aching desires and ask the Lord to draw you closer to Him so He can fill that ache in your heart. And you will be filled. :) And you will be content in being single, if that is your desire for life. :)

Upvote 0

paul123

Oct 22, 2006
NH
✟8,098.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Celibacy is a great thing. It is a way for an individual to honor yourself, your future spouse (if you plan on marriage), and most importantly God.

I don't think celibacy is something to be talked about in normal conversation, or even with people you know well for that matter. It is an actual life style that few can really get a hold on. The most important aspect of celibacy is control of our thoughts. Desire cannot be helped. However, your actions mirror what you let in. Celibacy is not just of the flesh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

TanteBelle

Celibacy is a great thing. It is a way for an individual to honor yourself, your future spouse (if you plan on marriage), and most importantly God.

I don't think celibacy is something to be talked about in normal conversation, or even with people you know well for that matter. It is an actual life style that few can really get a hold on. The most important aspect of celibacy is control of our thoughts. Desire cannot be helped. However, your actions mirror what you let in. Celibacy is not just of the flesh.

Mmmhmmm! As Paul says ...

1Co 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

Upvote 0

Lyle

I am last minute stuff
Nov 12, 2003
Home
Visit site
✟11,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, for those who are young and in love., I do understand this, still being young, and recently being married. I know what it is to be away from someone whom you love. There is a great deal of conflict, more so as a couple approaches the point of being married. The desire and longing that is naturally placed is to be completely with one another.

This is what Paul is talking. Burn doesn't mean 'on fire' nor does it mean 'hell'. it has to do with that burning desire for the other person. It also speaks of those who lack physical self-control, that need to feel that sense of protecting. Paul cites widows in this example; those who have know the closeness of a man, but since their husband has passed they cannot lawfully feel it again.

For you TantaBelle, it is normal for young women to want to be a mother before a wife. I can really only say generally since I don't know your specific situation. One normal things that toy-makers have caught onto is that little girls seem to naturally want to be mothers. An 8 year old pretends to have a child, but not so many pursue the desire for a husband that young. You are still young, it is better that, at this stage of life, you can be focused on other things.

Upvote 0
T

TanteBelle

Yes, for those who are young and in love., I do understand this, still being young, and recently being married. I know what it is to be away from someone whom you love. There is a great deal of conflict, more so as a couple approaches the point of being married. The desire and longing that is naturally placed is to be completely with one another.

This is what Paul is talking. Burn doesn't mean 'on fire' nor does it mean 'hell'. it has to do with that burning desire for the other person. It also speaks of those who lack physical self-control, that need to feel that sense of protecting. Paul cites widows in this example; those who have know the closeness of a man, but since their husband has passed they cannot lawfully feel it again.

For you TantaBelle, it is normal for young women to want to be a mother before a wife. I can really only say generally since I don't know your specific situation. One normal things that toy-makers have caught onto is that little girls seem to naturally want to be mothers. An 8 year old pretends to have a child, but not so many pursue the desire for a husband that young. You are still young, it is better that, at this stage of life, you can be focused on other things.

Yeah! I've seen that one first hand!! I've got a brother who is engaged to a Spanish American; their wedding is coming up and as you said, it only gets more tense! LOL!

Yeah, I know what kind of burn Paul was speaking of. But what do you mean by 'lawfully a widow can not feel that again'?

And I don't say that I don't want to marry out of ignorence of my youth. My first priority in my life is God: always will be! But as for what I want to do in my life, I'd love to be involved with children. But if I can't, may God use me for whatever He has in mind to show His love to the world and at least make one heart a better one! My reasons are purely that; my reasons. It has everything to do with past hurts but that is another issue altogether! And actually, when I was younger, I couldn't wait to get married, then I got older and the older I get, the less I want to! It's a personal haunt there!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CCinoklahoma87

Geek4God
Feb 18, 2009
stigler, Oklahoma
Visit site
✟7,926.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is anyone here full of joy wanting to be single? I am!
greenstars.gif

We all know that there are benefit and cons being single all your life but that is why you have girlfriends you go out with. :)

There is so much you can do being single and living for the Lord and for the poor so it is not all that bad. Well it gets depressing to know you can't have kids because you want to be single but you can always adopt if you really want to have kids. :)

But look for opportunities on how you can be useful being single for a time. :) Pray and ask the Lord.

But if you want to marry well sometimes it is not about waiting but about actively getting to know the other sex. With no hidden intentions! But just being friends and see how things goes.

There is a book called 'how to get a date worth keeping' in the first chaper Henry Cloud was talking to lillie where she said that God has not given her a husband and she needs to wait on God for that. This is how it started, There were out at dinner and henry cloud was talking to lillie about not being able to find a husband, He found out that while she was attractive and outgoing she was not doing anything to find the man of her dreams. He made a deal with her that he would be her dating coach and she must do everything he said. And in six months she will be dating :)

Guess what? In five months she was dating!!!!!! :) So times you need to pro active about these things. :)

Here is a good book for us girls on how we can devote ourselves to the Lord a challenge! :)

Setapartgirl.com and also click on my signature and you will learn alot! :hug:

If anyone of us is single and want to be single it helps if we can think of the wonderful blessing it is to be single. It just becomes to depressing if we think about married couples and how wonderul they life is because they are married. And we think about yourlselves and see that we are still single and no kids. :( It hurts but what helps me is that I just bring all my desires to the Lord and that becomes a joy that surpass marriage. :)

Use those aching desires and ask the Lord to draw you closer to Him so He can fill that ache in your heart. And you will be filled. :) And you will be content in being single, if that is your desire for life. :)
thanks Daff!!!! you know, the perks of single life are another half that I think about whenever I feel things won't look up, because i am nowhere near fully spiritually mature enough for marriage, and I have a good 5 years of growing I need to do, and like u said it's alot easier to reach out and follow your goals when you're single! and God can use you alot easier as well, because ur mind isnt preoccupied with matrimonial things..get what I mean LOL!^_^ so anyways I am slowly starting to realize, I need to save my longing for a husband for later, the only reason it's on my mind alot is due to I am always at home with my parents, no job, all friends live far away from me, no car or driver license..:p not to mention theyre all from the net altho i've met a few of them before, and it was GREAT!!! i don't get that privelege often cause i'm not able to. But prayer and speaking to God keeps me going!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lyle

I am last minute stuff
Nov 12, 2003
Home
Visit site
✟11,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say it was ignorance of youth. I just am saying that between the ages of 16-22 (just where I am at now) everything I have wanted has majorly, MAJORLY changed. This is true of many, many, many others. No young person owns up to it, but it is fact. I don't know you, but generally people change their mind about everything after the age of 20-25. Don't believe me? wait and see :)

Upvote 0
T

TanteBelle

I didn't say it was ignorance of youth. I just am saying that between the ages of 16-22 (just where I am at now) everything I have wanted has majorly, MAJORLY changed. This is true of many, many, many others. No young person owns up to it, but it is fact. I don't know you, but generally people change their mind about everything after the age of 20-25. Don't believe me? wait and see :)

LOL! Now why does that sound like I just heard it from my parents and older siblings? ;) No, sir, I believe you; except on 'that' issue!

Upvote 0
E

EazyMack

I have been on both sides of this fence, abstaining until age 20 but then falling. Then that relationship ended a couple years later. A little more than year after that, fell again. And again, that relationship ended after less than a year and a half. However, for those last 8 months of the relationship (the majority of the time we were together), we were 100% completely abstinent.

After these experiences, I can testify that it is so much better to remain abstinent in a relationship until married. Of course as Christians we all know that's how it's supposed to be, but as one who has lynched himself a couple of times, I can tell you first-hand that it really is worth the wait, and not worth giving up without waiting.

Upvote 0