United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, she is pretty nice.

As far as being a hero goes, she has inspired many people and lifted their hopes. She deserves that award more than many will know.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Yes it is sad that she can transition with apparent ease, what with being in the limelight and having the resources (money) readily available to her whereas there are many others who lack those things and face hostility, persecution, and even death. But good on Kaitlin for bringing up those issues that her sisters face, and being able to bring them up on the national stage. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

OliviaMay

Jul 16, 2015
✟1,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is sad that she can transition with apparent ease, what with being in the limelight and having the resources (money) readily available to her whereas there are many others who lack those things and face hostility, persecution, and even death. But good on Kaitlin for bringing up those issues that her sisters face, and being able to bring them up on the national stage. :oldthumbsup:

I agree. It is so much more difficult to transition with out all the resources, but the journey is still rewarding.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think I will puke the next time Cait is hailed as some type of "hero". She, as Ben noted, has all the resources and backing anyone would ever want. She's profiting handsomely (no pun intended) in her Transgender life. She has stylists, designer gowns, publicity staff, personal assistants, etc. She has never been jailed, beat up, denied work or any other privilege. In fact, just the opposite.

The heroes would be the kids that have carried on in spite of ridicule, rejection, physical abuse and discrimination. Jenner is an opportunist.

Upvote 0

OliviaMay

Jul 16, 2015
✟1,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think I will puke the next time Cait is hailed as some type of "hero". She, as Ben noted, has all the resources and backing anyone would ever want. She's profiting handsomely (no pun intended) in her Transgender life. She has stylists, designer gowns, publicity staff, personal assistants, etc. She has never been jailed, beat up, denied work or any other privilege. In fact, just the opposite.

The heroes would be the kids that have carried on in spite of ridicule, rejection, physical abuse and discrimination. Jenner is an opportunist.

Jenner is a celebrity, and lives a celebrity life. She is also a hero. Her privilage is real, but it doesn't mean she hasn't suffered. Trust me no one with this condition doesn't suffer. Trust me I know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jenner is a celebrity, and lives a celebrity life. She is also a hero. Her privilage is real, but it doesn't mean she hasn't suffered. Trust me no one with this condition doesn't suffer. Trust me I know.
She can be considered a role model at best. You are far more deserving of an award for courage than she, I would guess.

Upvote 0

OliviaMay

Jul 16, 2015
✟1,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Caitlin is not a hero.

A person who risks there life to save someone else is a hero.

What a joke.

Hero is also defined as someone who by example gives hope and inspiration to others. Catlin certainly fits that definition. She is a hero.

Upvote 0

OliviaMay

Jul 16, 2015
✟1,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She can be considered a role model at best. You are far more deserving of an award for courage than she, I would guess.

Perhaps I am, but I don't begrudge her even one tiny bit. Coming out as transgender is so scary and so brutal. I am sure her fame weighed so heavily on her.

Upvote 0

WirSindBettler

Hoc Est Verum
Feb 7, 2015
USA
✟1,347.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jenner is not a hero. He's a sinner, and he's glorifying sin so that new generations will follow him and be cast astray.

I know not what this culture is coming to. I thank God for offering a rainbow as covenant against another flood, or else I would start to put on my coat and boots.

Reactions: ulu
Upvote 0

OliviaMay

Jul 16, 2015
✟1,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jenner is not a hero. He's a sinner, and he's glorifying sin so that new generations will follow him and be cast astray.

I know not what this culture is coming to. I thank God for offering a rainbow as covenant against another flood, or else I would start to put on my coat and boots.

Being Transgender isn't a sin at all. It is a demonstrated medical condition. She is a true hero.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WirSindBettler

Hoc Est Verum
Feb 7, 2015
USA
✟1,347.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Being Transgender isn't a sin at all. It is a demonstrated medical condition. She is a true hero.

He's not a hero.

Homosexuality is also a demonstrated medical condition. Yet it's still a sin.

"So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."
Genesis 1:27

"Male and female He created them, and He blessed them and named them Man when they were created."
Genesis 5:2

"He answered, 'Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female,' and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?"
Matthew 19:4-5

"But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’"
Mark 10:6

Upvote 0

OliviaMay

Jul 16, 2015
✟1,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Homosexuality is also a demonstrated medical condition. Doesn't make it not a sin.

"So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."
Genesis 1:27

"Male and female He created them, and He blessed them and named them Man when they were created."
Genesis 5:2

"He answered, 'Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female,' and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?"
Matthew 19:4-5

"But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’"
Mark 10:6

Homosexuality is not a demonstrated medical condition. It may yet be established as having a biologic components, but that is not the same thing.

Gender Identity and sexual orientation are not the same thing.

You fail to show basic understanding of the condition. That is ok. Most don't understand.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private

Better put your blinders on then.
REMEMBER SODOM! REMEMBER GOMORRAH! There was no covenant in that instance. :rainbow:

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

OliviaMay

Jul 16, 2015
✟1,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Better put your blinders on then.
REMEMBER SODOM! REMEMBER GOMORRAH! There was no covenant in that instance. :rainbow:

We do have heard hearts much like that story. That story isn't about homosexuality. Why do people say it is?

Upvote 0

WirSindBettler

Hoc Est Verum
Feb 7, 2015
USA
✟1,347.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Homosexuality is not a demonstrated medical condition. It may yet be established as having a biologic components, but that is not the same thing.

Really? If anything, homosexuality is more fundamentally a medical issue then transgenderism.

Where is your proof that transgenderism is a demonstrated medical condition? A quick google search showed the exact opposite.
Gender Identity and sexual orientation are not the same thing.

Yes they are. Bruce Jenner has male genitalia. He is a man. He might feel more on the effeminate side, but he is a man.
You fail to show basic understanding of the condition. That is ok. Most don't understand.

Regardless of my understanding, sexual perversions such as this are still 100% sinful.
We do have heard hearts much like that story. That story isn't about homosexuality. Why do people say it is?

Homosexuality was the result of the sin of idolatry. Read Romans 1.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.