Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Times
Ruth Gledhill, Religion Correspondent
Feb 15, 2007

Roman Catholicism is set to become the dominant religion in Britain for the first time since the Reformation because of massive migration from Catholic countries across the world . . .

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/article1386939.ece

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
ani_dancing.gif

Upvote 0

Pogue

left CF, please see profile for further details
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2006
http://www.thesonscafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15
✟59,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
Wow. It would be strange if we overtook the Anglicans, especially as Queeny is head of the Anglican church. But I have noticed that Mass attendence has grown, largely as a result of immigration. A large proportion of people at my church come from overseas, and we have a weekly Mass in Polish.

Upvote 0

SecretOfFatima

Our Lady of Fatima: Song of Solomon 6:10 (NIV)
Oct 21, 2005
Visit site
✟10,438.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Another thing to note about this is that some areas where huge Muslims communities were taking over and overall Christian worship in general were in decline, due to this huge migration from countries such as Poland , the Catholic churches are just filled up with catholic people... I got to say in general Polish people always seem to have a smile in their faces and always seem very friendly and helpful.

...you know there is a lot of people out specially around the web taking the mickey out of the catholic church and saying that we now even ordain married priests and women priests, etc... but in fact this seem to be something that has actually happen to the Anglican churches...

Upvote 0

Markh

Extra Mariam Nulla Salus
Dec 12, 2003
London
Visit site
✟19,044.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
On the grass rooots, in the Legion of Mary, it is plain to see that most poles who come over here- especially the young ones who come to university lapse away.

The number of poles I have met who have told me that they go to mass at home but that's it.

We are going to be a country full of even more lapsed Catholics.

The faith of the poles is quite weak sadly. The africans like those coming from DRC or Uganda are worst, their kids run straight to materialism and their second generation are drug dealing gangsters.

Upvote 0

Pogue

left CF, please see profile for further details
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2006
http://www.thesonscafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15
✟59,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
On the grass rooots, in the Legion of Mary, it is plain to see that most poles who come over here- especially the young ones who come to university lapse away.

The number of poles I have met who have told me that they go to mass at home but that's it.

We are going to be a country full of even more lapsed Catholics.

The faith of the poles is quite weak sadly. The africans like those coming from DRC or Uganda are worst, their kids run straight to materialism and their second generation are drug dealing gangsters.

Really? That's not my experience at all. In my experience, people who originally came from abroad are the most devout, and a great benefit of going to church is that they can find something familiar in a strange country, and meet people who are from a similar culture. Obviously I can only talk about what I've seen, but I think your post makes some unfair generalisations.

Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,718.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Times
Ruth Gledhill, Religion Correspondent
Feb 15, 2007

Roman Catholicism is set to become the dominant religion in Britain for the first time since the Reformation because of massive migration from Catholic countries across the world . . .

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/article1386939.ece

This news means also that many Anglican-baptized do more attend their Church.

And this in NOT a good news at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
:prayer:I pray, O Lord that you increase the Conversion, of Not only, England, but all of Europe, America, Canada, and the rest of the World as well, unto thy Holy Catholic Apostolic Church. In the Name of the Most Holy Trinity, I pray! Amen.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

ConanTheLibrarian

Nov 11, 2005
Pyongtaek, South Korea
✟8,033.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If C.S. Lewis saw the state of Anglicanism today, he might be in R.C.I.A. As close as he was to Catholicism in so many ways, I'm a little surprised that he didn't follow the example of G.K. Chesterton, and other literary greats, and convert.

Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,718.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
If C.S. Lewis saw the state of Anglicanism today, he might be in R.C.I.A. As close as he was to Catholicism in so many ways, I'm a little surprised that he didn't follow the example of G.K. Chesterton, and other literary greats, and convert.

also Tolkien converted to catholicism when young, and he alway was true-blue of the Catholic Church.

Upvote 0

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
i'm so happy to hear the catholic church is growing!!

however, on a sadder note.. by i believe 2020 there will be more religious muslims then all christians combined. so we need to pray that 1. these people find christ, or 2. the U.K. and all of europe start getting immigrants from poor eastern europe and not from the muslim middle east. although i am an extreme liberal, i see muslims as the greatest threat to society.. not just europe, not just america.. but society in general.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NDIrish

Senior Veteran
Oct 8, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟13,979.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i'm so happy to hear the catholic church is growing!!

however, on a sadder note.. by i believe 2020 there will be more religious muslims then all christians combined. so we need to pray that 1. these people find christ, or 2. the U.K. and all of europe start getting immigrants from poor eastern europe and not from the muslim middle east. although i am an extreme liberal, i see muslims as the greatest threat to society.. not just europe, not just america.. but society in general.
The propensity for abortion and contraception in the Christian west doesn't help matters either, eh?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.