God knows your pain
May 30, 2009
Nebraska
✟8,007.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You read the title right. It is the (oh I don't know), "Millionth" "They V. Us!" Thread.

I want Catholics to speak their mind already and get all the confusion over with. I, and others, get tired of this catabolistic attitude, the only thing it's done has brought confusion over the whole populice and tention. Protestants, you are Schismatic. Their is nothing wrong with that. I heard the old CC saying "you either Catholic, or you against us" and also stating, "you Catholic you get to heaven." But Pope "Re-designed" that whole controversy, so now it seemingly dosen't apply anymore, except that some Newbies (or gullible people) have taken in that concept and have applied it to Catholicism as a whole.

I understand that Catholicism is of Holy Spirit Inspired teachers. following a long branch since the Early Church thus making Catholicism, seemingly, incorruptible.
Ratification of Nicene Council:
And those who say There was a time when He was not, or that Before He was begotten He was not, or that He was made out of nothing; or who say that The Son of God is of any other substance, or that He is changeable or unstable,-these the Catholic and Apostolic Church​

Beside that:
The controversy in the Spanish Netherlands was only the prelude to a much more serious conflict in Spain itself. In 1588 the well-known Jesuit, Luis de Molina (1535-1600) published at Lisbon his celebrated work, Concordia liberi arbitrii cum gratiae donis etc. with the approbation of the Dominican, Bartholomew Ferreira, and the permission of the Inquisition. Hardly had the work left the printing press than it was attacked warmly by Domingo Banez (1528-1604), the friend and spiritual director of St. Teresa, and one of the ablest Dominicans of his time. He had been engaged already in a controversy with the Jesuit, Montemaior, on the same subject of Grace, but the publication of Molina's book added new fuel to the flame, and in a short time the dispute assumed such serious proportions that bishops, theologians, universities, students, and even the leading officials of the state, were obliged to take sides. The Dominicans supported Banez, while the Jesuits with some few exceptions rallied to the side of Molina. The latter's book was denounced to the Inquisition, but as a counterblast to this Banez also was accused of very serious errors. If Molina was blamed for being a Semi-Pelagian, Banez was charged with having steered too closely to Calvinism. In the hope of restoring peace to the Church in Spain Clement VIII. reserved the decision of the case to his own tribunal (1596).

What have you to say against the theological backround?

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Catholics on Transubstantiation:

Allow me to explain:

The real struggle regarding Augustinus was to be waged, however, in Paris and France. There, the Abbot of St. Cyran had been busily at work preparing the way for Jansen's doctrine, by attacking the modern laxity of the Church, and advocating the necessity of a complete return to the rigorous discipline of the early centuries. He had made the acquaintance of the family of the celebrated lawyer, Antoine Arnauld, six of whose family had entered the convent of Port Royal, of which one of them, Angelique, was then superioress, while his youngest son, Antoine, a pupil of St. Cyran, was destined to be the leader of the French Jansenists. St. Cyran insisted on such rigorous conditions for the worthy reception of the Eucharist, that people feared to receive Holy Communion lest they should be guilty of sacrilege, and for a similar reason many priests abstained from the celebration of Mass. He attacked the Jesuits for their laxity of doctrine and practice in regard to the Sacrament of Penance. He himself insisted on the absolute necessity of perfect contrition and complete satisfaction as an essential condition for absolution. These views were accepted by the nuns at Port Royal and by many clergy in Paris. On account of certain writings likely to lead to religious trouble St. Cyran was arrested by order of Cardinal Richelieu (1638) and died in 1643. His place was taken by his brilliant pupil, Antoine Arnauld, who had been ordained priest in 1641, and who like his master was the determined opponent of the Jesuits. In 1643 he published a book entitled De la frequente Communion, in which he put forward such strict theories about the conditions required for the worthy reception of the Eucharist that many people were frightened into abstaining even from fulfilling their Easter Communion. Despite the efforts of St. Vincent de Paul and others the book was read freely and produced widespread and alarming results.

Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

I agree that the RCC is officially and currently in FULL AGREEMENT with the RCC alone in all matters where the RCC alone thinks there should be agreement. It is "one" with one - itself.

The WORSE that can be said of the other 34,999 denominations some Catholics around here insist exists is that they are exactly like the RCC. Each of them is also in FULL AGREEMENT with itself alone in all matters where itself alone thinks there should be agreement; it is "one" with one - itself. The WORSE that can be said for each of them is that they are just like the RCC in this regard.

Now, what that signifies about the RCC, I just don't know. Heck, I'm normally in full agreement with myself (currently, anyway) in matters where I think I should agree with me about - but no Catholic seems to give THAT any signficance. I don't know why the RCC saying it has any significance, either.

:confused:

Upvote 0

Fixation On God

God knows your pain
May 30, 2009
Nebraska
✟8,007.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree that the RCC is officially and currently in FULL AGREEMENT with the RCC alone in all matters where the RCC alone thinks there should be agreement. It is "one" with one - itself.
This is truth.

Each of them is also in FULL AGREEMENT with itself alone in all matters where itself alone thinks there should be agreement; it is "one" with one - itself. The WORSE that can be said for each of them is that they are just like the RCC in this regard.
Yeah I've been seeing that around lately. Especially when i ask around in denominational Sub-forums.

Side step: The RCC is in full agreement with itself (Because they believe their teaching on everything is Inspired and Sacred, concerning the Early Church.) Also to add that because they believe the Early Church is un-corrupted, it is impossible for any other POV to penetrate the views of the Vatican.

We as people who are Know as "Christians", are in full agreement with ourselves, only because we agree with God since we are Christians. But I am stumped then on the obviousness of those who have an open mind, and are willing to take in info.

Upvote 0

Fixation On God

God knows your pain
May 30, 2009
Nebraska
✟8,007.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Catholics on failure in Theology:

The condemnation pronounced by Urban VIII. (1642) against Augustinus, though accepted by the king, the Archbishop of Paris, and the Sorbonne, found many staunch opponents. It was contended that the condemnation was the work of the Jesuits rather than of the Pope, that it was based on the groundless supposition that the system of Jansen was identical with that of Baius, and that as no individual proposition in Augustinus had been condemned people were perfectly free to discuss the views it contained. To put an end to all possibility of misunderstanding Cornet, syndic of Paris University, selected from Augustinus five propositions, which he believed contained the whole essence of Jansen's system, and submitted them to the Sorbonne for examination (1649). Owing to the intervention of the Parliament of Paris in favour of the Jansenists the propositions were referred to the Assembly of the Clergy (1650), but the vast body of the bishops considered that it was a question on which a decision should be sought from Rome. Accordingly eighty-five of the bishops addressed a petition to Innocent X. (1651) requesting him to pronounce a definitive sentence on the orthodoxy or unorthodoxy of the five propositions, while a minority of their body objected to such an appeal as an infringement of the liberties of the Gallican Church. A commission, some of the members of which were recognised supporters of the Jansenists, was appointed by the Pope to examine the question, and after prolonged discussions extending over two years Innocent X. issued the Bull, Cum occasione (1653), by which the five propositions were condemned. The Bull was received so favourably by the king, the bishops, and the Sorbonne that it was hoped the end of the controversy was in sight.

Upvote 0

2 King

By His Wounds We Are Healed
Jun 5, 2009
Desert
✟17,226.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
From what I gather on Catholic Theology, is that they fail to intake on the gift of Tongues. Of all the CC's I've been to, none of them embrace the gift of tongues. I find it unruly. Because we all know that it is mentioned in the Bible and is sound doctrine.

Upvote 0

2 King

Jun 5, 2009
Desert
✟17,226.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
1 more thing, I'm not Catholic but I believe that there is some confusion on the Passionists.:

The Passionists (The Congregation of Discalced Clerics of the Most Holy Cross and Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ) were founded by St. Paul of the Cross (1694-1775). The latter was born at Ovada near Genoa, was ordained by Pope Benedict XIII. (1727) who at the same time gave his approval of the rules drawn up for the new society, founded his first house at Argentaro, and thereby laid the foundation of the Congregation of the Passionists. The new society received the formal sanction and approval of Clement XIV. (1769) and of Pius VI. (1775). Before the death of the founder several houses had been established in Italy, all of which were suppressed during the disturbances that followed in the wake of the French Revolution. The congregation was, however, re-constituted by Pius VII. (1814), and spread rapidly in Europe, in the United States, and in South America. The first house of the Passionists in England was established by the celebrated Father Dominic at Aston Hall in Staffordshire (1842), and the first house in Ireland was opened at Mount Argus in 1856.

Recommended Reading: The Life of St. Paul of the Cross

Upvote 0

2 King

Jun 5, 2009
Desert
✟17,226.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
FoG, Do you agree with the Catholic teaching on "The Fear of God is a Gift"?

:
Fear of the Lord is one of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit as described in Isaiah 11:2-3
The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him: a spirit of wisdom and of understanding. A spirit of counsel and of strength, a spirit of knowledge and of fear of the Lord, and his delight shall be the fear of the Lord.

Fear of the Lord establishes the proper relationship between Creator and creature and to moderate the disordered impulses of our concupiscence.

The gift of fear is called filial. It consists in the repuganance that the soul feels at the thought of being separated from God. This fear comes from love. Whosoever desires, whosoever loves, experiences a profound fear of being separated from the loved one, of displeasing him. Love cannot be conceived of without fear. One who loves deeply has a fear that is above all other fears, fear of separation from the beloved. This gift of fear which is directed by the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of God unites us to Himself in such a way that He infused in us instinctive, profound, efficacious horror of being separated from God, which makes us say: Everything, except to be parted from Him; everything, except to lose our close union with the Beloved! It is a filial fear, a noble fear, born from the very heart of love. Perfect, loving, filial fear is the gift of fear of God. (Taken from the book: “The Sanctifier” by; Most Rev. Luis M. Martinez)

The gift of fear of the Lord corresponds to the virtue of hope.
The gift of fear of the Lord confirms in those who have it the virtue of hope and infuses profound respect for God’s glory and selfless love for God. It protects from sin through dread of offending God.
Our desire for the kingdom of heaven, and our trust in Christ’s promises. Heb 10:23 “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.” Hope resides in the will; it keeps us from discouragement, sustains us during desolation, and opens our hearts to eternal beatitude. God’s almighty power, infinite goodness, and fidelity to His promises are the pillars of our hope that we will receive the grace necessary to reach heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

boswd

Jan 2, 2008
✟6,566.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is truth.

Yeah I've been seeing that around lately. Especially when i ask around in denominational Sub-forums.

Side step: The RCC is in full agreement with itself (Because they believe their teaching on everything is Inspired and Sacred, concerning the Early Church.) Also to add that because they believe the Early Church is un-corrupted, it is impossible for any other POV to penetrate the views of the Vatican.

We as people who are Know as "Christians", are in full agreement with ourselves, only because we agree with God since we are Christians. But I am stumped then on the obviousness of those who have an open mind, and are willing to take in info.

Do you two know of any Christian Faith that does not agree with itself?
Do you two know of any Christian Faith doubts what it has as Doctrine?
Do you two know of any Christian Faith that thinks what it preaches is wrong?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i have been saying that for years lol, how are you doing boswd?

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
FoG, Do you agree with the Catholic teaching on "The Fear of God is a Gift"?

:
Job 28:28 And he said to man: Behold the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom: and to depart from evil, is understanding.

Psalm 111;10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
H_B that revealed nothing about the doctrine of Grace or Transubstantiation.

What I should've stated in my OP is: "What is your view on Catholic Theology which disagrees with yours."
Define "Catholic".

:thumbsup:

On the first one: I know of two that agree on many 'topics' and theological bits, but not everything. Between the two, I would say there is about... 75-80% agreement on all things theological.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.