Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
In general I have quite a few sacramentals around the place. We have our home altar which has the family rosaries on it. As well as at the moment a children's Bible. A Crucifix from the shrine of Our Lady of Good Health in Velankanni India (a gift from a former student worker). And holy water. And Lourdes water. Statues of the Holy Family are around the crucifix on the altar

The main thing I have near the Altar are prayer books and Bibles.

My mothers Maryknoll Missal and her holy medals. The aforementioned by Paul; Sacred Heart pictures and Immaculate Heart.

The last rites kit/crucifix on the kitchen wall. The crucifix for my mother's casket on the living room wall. Crucifix mom made as a child upstairs.

About two hundred or so books on Catholicism on my bookcases downstairs.

And on loan to my sister fairly perpetually with their health problems the families first-class relic of st. John Neumann that my mother's best friend brought her from her Rome.

And a fairly large amount of holy cards and medals and Rosary making supplies.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,276,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In general I have quite a few sacramentals around the place. We have our home altar which has the family rosaries on it. As well as at the moment a children's Bible. A Crucifix from the shrine of Our Lady of Good Health in Velankanni India (a gift from a former student worker). And holy water. And Lourdes water. Statues of the Holy Family are around the crucifix on the altar

The main thing I have near the Altar are prayer books and Bibles.

My mothers Maryknoll Missal and her holy medals. The aforementioned by Paul; Sacred Heart pictures and Immaculate Heart.

The last rites kit/crucifix on the kitchen wall. The crucifix for my mother's casket on the living room wall. Crucifix mom made as a child upstairs.

About two hundred or so books on Catholicism on my bookcases downstairs.

And on loan to my sister fairly perpetually with their health problems the families first-class relic of st. John Neumann that my mother's best friend brought her from her Rome.

And a fairly large amount of holy cards and medals and Rosary making supplies.
The crucifix your mom made as a child?! Priceless :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't personally have a lot, but my wife does. However, I did talk her into getting some Celtic crosses and I picked up some beautifully decorated wooden crosses made in Central America. She has a plaster Madonna that is probably as old as she is, and we have a St. Francis figure, plus some I don't know who they are. And a few other crucifixes scattered about on walls. Our wedding candle on a bookshelf, too, which has a cross on it. It is enough to identify our home as a Catholic one, but enough to scare anyone away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
LOL

I have errrrm, now let's see......

An antique white marble crucifix on the mantlepiece along wit a white peta staue, a whit statue of Madonna and child, a ndle with the Immaculate Heart of Mary on, three small icons, and above the matlepiece the painting T he. A nge lus, which. I adore ev en though I cannot see it now. Then, in the same room, a sort of 3 D picture of Mary that belonged to my friend in Virginia who died, then the statue Our Lady of Grace on the window sill, plus a small statue of Our Lady of. lourdes. Various bottles of Lourdes water, a couple of wooden crucifixes that need putting on the wall, a large white statue of Mary outside the front door, welcoming people as they come up the driveway, the icon Our Lady of Perpetual Help to go on the wall, and a beautiful picture of. Pope Emeritus Benedict the Sixteenth. Sorry, cant see to do numerals very well. I think that 's it lol

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟101,337.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if there's a peril in having too much stuff. Even Catholic stuff.

It's a lot to dust. And if you don't, you get little spiders and cobwebs. Then you have creepy Catholic chic - Catholic stuff hanging with cobwebs and spiders, and spiders can be poisonous, so yes, there is peril.

Upvote 0

Guadalupana

J†M†J
Sep 7, 2016
USA
✟8,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh my goodness, our home is covered in 'stuff' as well. It happened gradually over time of course. We have a crucifix in every room. A very large framed poster of Our Lady in the hallway next to a Sacred Heart tapestry. (And a small wall statue/hanging of the Holy Family.) The living room has a shelf devoted to photos of the children next to a statue of each of their patron saints. The double rosary we used in our wedding hangs above our bed. A shelf in the living room is devoted to all the Bible's in the house and another is devoted to all the church related books (and has a framed St. Francis prayers, St. Therese, Guardian Angel statue). There are little things sprinkled all over I won't name. Most of these items were gifts.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have a small plastic crucifix that has hung above my bed since I was a little kid

I have some prayer cards, rosary, brown and green scapulars
I icon of St George and one of St. Michael, both from a Coptic Church
2 Catholic Bibles and about 2 dozen other Catholic books
some candles
a picture of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums