have mercy on me
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2005
✟56,796.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Wow, I love that super soaker in your signature. Do you fill that thing with holy water?

But of course.

Greg!!! YAY!!! <3 <3 <3

Hi everyone :D

I do not like tea, really >.> Sometimes I drink it in the winter when I need to warm up. Usually just orange pekoe or earl grey, though :)

What I love right now is......... LEMONADE

I like Iced Tea with lots of lemon and sugar.

Reactions: Gwendolyn
Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oooh! A Catholic Singles Cafe! Thanks for starting this! I have been looking for a good Catholic boyfriend/future husband for a long time. Don't know if I'll ever find one though. But then again, I may be called to the single life. :)

Upvote 0

GeratTzedek

Meaning Righteous Proselyte to Judaism
Aug 5, 2007
Los Angeles area
Visit site
✟6,003.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Neat idea. I am me, and my "current situation" is that I am a celibate homosexual. I will take some kava kava tea. :thumbsup:

Sooooo, you and me can hang out in here. I can flirt with all the single Catholic guys that there is no way I can ever marry. Looky no touchy.

Well she DID say ALL welcome!:wave:

Upvote 0

bunnydrop

Apr 12, 2009
uk
✟15,759.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Oh goody.I wasa hoping the cafe would be open.love the outside chairs in garden area.lol well as its bedtime i will have a hot choc please. as we are sharing news about ourseleves here goes.Im a single,celibate mum.twice divorced in young years.i have bipolar disorder that is not too much of a problem.i have two dogs.im finacaily ok as in i have enough to get buy.I happy.i feel loved .im not lonely.i live in a beautiful area.i have a privalleged life i feel compared to many.I love God an have much to thank him for on a daily basic.because i have the love of God an my faith im rich i would say an blessed. ta for choc drink.Can we get some biscuits in for tom nite lol lol x

Upvote 0

balesom

Miserere nobis.
Feb 9, 2009
Central Valley, California
✟15,871.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey all!

I'm not Catholic yet, but give me time, I'm working on it.

Also, I've got plenty of lemon tea and vanilla chai, please feel free to take it all, I'm more of an Earl Grey kinda guy. Which reminds me, that sounds good... I wonder if there's any left around here?

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ever try licorice tea? Its amazing - but whatever you do - never put more than 2 tea bags - the stuff is strong! :D

Doesn't licorice have a laxative effect?

Nice thread, Gwen!

BTW: Has anyone tried the new Trader Joe's ORGANIC TEA: RENEW, REVIVE, and RELAX?

I just bought RENEW and REVIVE. Will let you know. Interesting stuff.

Just read: the bags are biodegradable. Guess that you cannot let it steep too long. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟843,870.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Is there a place for people that like Starbucks instead of tea??!?!

I'm an old German Lutheran, how about beer?
oktoberfest%2003.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Doesn't licorice have a laxative effect?

LOL... awkward ;) Hahaha.

Love green tea. Costco style lol.

Oh, and I’m single, 1 date in the last 11 months. So embarrassing. I don't get shut down, I just haven't met a nice woman. Fiday night and I'm staying in!

Ssh! It's not embarrassing! No one's keeping score ;) PS, glad to see you here - I considered PMing, but I wasn't sure if you'd find that weird or not!

I'm the odd woman out. not married. don't desire to be. I'm sorta like a nun without the habit, the convent and holy orders. Jesus is enough for me. :)

Reminiscent of St. Catherine of Siena, who did not actually desire to enter orders at all - in the end, she was a third order Dominican, but only because she was fond of them. Personally I find her very inspiring.

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Come one, come all! Essentially anyone can post in here - I truly do appreciate the wisdom of our married folks here. When MariaRegina suggested starting a thread like this, I thought it was a wonderful idea - it really is a positive thing for single Christians of any denomination to have a place where they can air their gripes, their joys, their amusements, and their struggles, and hopefully this can be one of those things if people would like it to be. :)

As for me, it has been a long, strange trip - for the first 22 years of my life, I had just kind of coasted through, not interested at all in any sort of romantic relationship. I loved the stories of love, and finding someone who you are "meant" to be with, but when it came down to it, I had no real desire to date. When I was 19, I began seriously discerning a vocation to religious life. I visited a few convents and spent a great deal of time with nuns, trying to get a feel for the life. At 21, I fell seriously ill and ceased discerning altogether. Just as I had begun to stabilise, a friend I had known for a couple years expressed interest in me, and, for the first time in my life, I found myself feeling as though I would like to pursue a romantic relationship.

He was of no faith - in all honesty, he turned out to be rather anti-theistic, rather than simply atheistic or agnostic. I am a fairly easy-going person when it comes to the beliefs of others. I tend to be interested in what they believe, rather than feeling threatened, frightened, or put off by it (it's the religious studies degree working its influence :p ). The only time when I become seriously hurt is when people begin intimating that having faith in something greater than myself makes me somehow inferior, weak, needy, and defective. That is the sort of person that my (ex) boyfriend turned out to be.

In the long run, the relationship was not a positive experience, though not because he was so critical of my faith. For almost the entire duration of the relationship, I felt very lonely - our worldviews clashed and he was entirely unwilling to communicate effectively, and he wanted things out of the relationship that I did not. We broke up after exactly one year.

Presently I do not wish to get into another relationship. I am open to being with someone again, if the right person comes along. I am a very monogamous person, and very loyal, so the "dating scene" as it exists in the social sphere just isn't for me.

I hope that this does not sound bad - but I really do think that if I date again, I would very much like to date a Catholic. It was just so exhausting and isolating to date someone who did not agree with me on very fundamental things... who saw the world so differently. Relationships are meant to forge bonds, to encourage affection - and I think one of the best ways to do that (at least for me) is to ensure that you both share common ground on the things which you hold most dear. It varies from person to person, of course - some souls are stronger than others, given to weathering storms more stalwartly than others.

Since we are so close-knit here, I hope that you do not mind me sharing so much. :)

Upvote 0

bunnydrop

Apr 12, 2009
uk
✟15,759.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Morning folks,make mine a strong tea ,white an two sugars.Well i have a feeling that now im 43 an have two failed marraiges behind me,that its best for me to stay single maybe.my bipolar was an effect on my marriages.im ok now.Im happy to devote my time to The church an my son,plus im still close to my second hubby the dad of my son harry.Im not lonely.I must admit i miss flirting though lol lol x

Upvote 0
Dec 5, 2004
Brisbane
✟22,840.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
g'day guys
im not a Catholic
am a on again off again anglican
what i mean by that is
i go to church when i can
but dont quite agree with organised religon (i know u can shoot me if ya want but thats the way i am)
have been a christian for i dont know something like 10 years
im 20 next month
single
and yer that me in a nutshell kinda

Upvote 0