Catholic sacrements

kieranm

Nov 24, 2003
✟115.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi, I'm new here and not sure if I'm posting in the right area. Hope so.

I'm planning to move to Australia over the next few months and I wondered if anyone can tell me the sequence children in Australia/Sydney make their First Communion and Confirmation. In Ireland, First Communion happens when a child is 8 years old, Confirmation when the child is about 11 or 12. Is this the same in Sydney? Some friends mentioned it was the other way around.

Thanks for your help,

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Hi, welcome, I am not Catholic, so cannot really answer your question. There are some other people on here who are Catholic.

I cannot see any reason why the way the Catholic church does things in Australia (like communion and stuff) would be that different to Ireland.

It's a big move, why are you coming to Australia?

Upvote 0

kieranm

Nov 24, 2003
✟115.00
Faith
Catholic
Thanks Mamaneenie, I would have thought it was the same as well, hopefully it is.

Reason's for moving, basically got an job offer with my current company and when we discussed it we thought, why not? Good chance for the children to experience life in a different country, bit of a lifestyle change, a chance to vist areas we normally wouldn't consider. Hopefully enjoy ourselves, make new friends and decide if we like it or not. Looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

elm1976

Nov 11, 2003
canberra, australia
Visit site
✟7,884.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Kieranm,

Welcome, and good luck with your move. It will be very interesting for you coming to a new country.

Pretty sure that they do follow the same trend, first communion then Confirmation. I do know that a lot of the Catholic Schools have first communion and confirmation services each year. I think that they do it in roughly yr 3 or 4(for first communion) and yr 6(for confirmation).

Reactions: lil_one
Upvote 0