Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And in these divisive times in the country, Cardinal Dolan acknowledged that he opened himself to critics by agreeing to be part of the ceremonies on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol.

“I know they are (there) because they’ve written to me,” he said. “And as I tell them, had Mrs. (Hillary) Clinton won and invited me, I would have been just as honored.

“We pastors and religious leaders are in the sacred enterprise of prayer. People ask us to pray with them and for them. That doesn’t mean we’re for them or against them,” he added.

“That’s our sacred responsibility.”.....Many people may have reservations of the president-elect and I certainly do, as with any incoming president."

http://www.thecompassnews.org/2017/01/cardinal-dolan-will-read-book-wisdom-inauguration/

Yes, he plays both sides. But in charity, I am glad he is attending, because the Church will have so many social justice concerns they will need to lobby non-stop for over the next four years that I guess it's good they start off on the right foot.

• Friendly
Reactions: pdudgeon