Cardinal Burke Promotes 9-Month Novena to Pray for the Church Amid ‘Forces of Sin’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Recalling St. Juan Diego, to whom Christ’s mother appeared under the name of Our Lady of Guadalupe in present-day Mexico in 1531, Cardinal Burke invited Catholics to ask for the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe for 'maternal care and protection.'

Cardinal Raymond Burke this week invited Catholics to join in praying a nine-month novena seeking Mary’s intercession beginning on March 12 and culminating on the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe on Dec. 12.

The American cardinal, who founded the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Wisconsin, announced the prayer initiative in a video address posted over the weekend.

Our Lord has not called us to fear. No matter the darkness of our age, men and women of faith are not without the truth and love of Christ, nor the faithful care of his mother,” Cardinal Burke wrote in an accompanying letterposed to the Guadalupe shrine website.

“The darkness of sin seems so great. But Our Lord has not called us to fear! Evil cannot approach the power of God’s grace. Sin cannot prevent Our Lord’s healing mercy from reaching those who repent and seek it. And nothing can diminish the care and protection of Our Lady for us, which remain as strong today as they were 500 years ago.”

Continued below.

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think I will sign up. Sounds like a positive thing to do.
I did.

I've been drier than Death Valley for quite a while but I think I'm gonna do this anyway.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0