Canadian Election

Are you aware that there is a federal election in Canada this Monday?

• No

• Yes, and I would like to see the Bloc Quebecois win (even if it is an impossibility)

• Yes, and I would like to see the Conservative Party win

• Yes, and I would like to see the Liberal Party win

• Yes, and I would like to see the New Democratic Party win

• Yes, and I would like to see another party win

• Yes, and I know enough about the parties to really have an opinion

• Yes, and I don't care who wins

Results are only viewable after voting.

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I knew it was happening. And I have opinions, and actually some knowledge. But not enough.

Here are my comments:

The Bloc Quebecois are far too single issue to actually have a chance of succeeding in anything but a spoiler status, and I feel that even in Quebec they are not going to poll particularly well.

The Liberals have left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, from the Adscam affair and failure to be strongly for any one set of ideals. Nonetheless they are the strongest single party, for anyone not possessed of strong and extreme opinions, and will probably be the largest single party in the new Parliament. But I doubt strongly they will get a majority.

The NDP are too far left to suit most Canadians, though their recent swing towards less stridency should benefit them. I expect them to pick up more than a few seats from moderately-left ridings.

The Conservatives had been positioning themselves as "Bushist Republicans with a Canadian accent" for far too long for their present "We're really not that extreme" campaign to convince many people. Nonetheless, there is something of a conservative backlash, resulting from the years of Liberal government that were less than inspiring. I expect them too to pick up more seats, mostly in the Prairie Provinces, but a few in Ontario and Quebec.

I don't see any of the smaller parties gaining any seats, or at least not more than one.

Result: Liberals with far less than a majority, Conservatives a strong second, NDP and BQ holding the balance of power. Probably the Government will end up as a Liberal/NDP coalition; a Liberal/BQ or Conservative/BQ coalition are less likely but possible scenarios.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
UberLutheran said:
Canada. Isn't that the set of states north of Minnesota, North Dakota, and Montana? :confused:

Are they going to vote Republican or Democratic?

(JUST KIDDING!!!)

Oh that is very funny my friend
LOL!! :D :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums