Canada to deny tax exemption unless Catholics/Evangelicals approve same-sex Weddings

LovesTruth

May 22, 2006
✟2,092.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I posted about this on other sites years ago.

The Canadian version of the ACLU supports this evil discrimination against RELIGIOUS groups. And I corresponded with the ACLU in the USA. They refuse to denounce the harsh anti-religious speech censorship laws in Canada that prevent pastors from calling homosex a sin.

If you like Hitler, you'll love Canadian liberalism.

Upvote 0

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married

The Canadian version of the ACLU supports this evil discrimination against RELIGIOUS groups. And I corresponded with the ACLU in the USA. They refuse to denounce the harsh anti-religious speech censorship laws in Canada that prevent pastors from calling homosex a sin.

It doesn't feel nice to be discriminated against, does it? And yet, somehow it's ok to do the same thing to homosexuals...:scratch:

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

In an idealised christian state some might envision, I bet no organisation which would support gay rights would get any kind of financial support (i.e. a tax break) because homosexuality would be viewed as wrong in such a state.

WHY, THEN, should another state which approves the rights of homosexuals and their relationships not do the same and withhold financial support to thsoe organizations which it views as promoting values not shared by the state?

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Regarding the OP; churches should be allowed to keep their tax exempt status and not recognize same sex marriages; it is not the govt's job to dictate what a church can and cannot believe.

So, anyone who doesn't vote Republican is supporting sin and evil and is going against God? What a ridiculous thing to say. God is not Republican; a vote for a Republican is not a vote for God just as a vote for Democrat is not a vote against God. To say other trivializes Him.

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Regarding the OP; churches should be allowed to keep their tax exempt status and not recognize same sex marriages; it is not the govt's job to dictate what a church can and cannot believe.

Canada (or any state for that matter) is not telling anyone or any church what to believe or what not! Churches are still free to express their disappoval of homosexuality and they may practice as much exclusion and discrimination as they like! :)

Just do not expect a state which has written equality onto its flag to finacially support such discriminatory practices!:wave:

Upvote 0
G

GuitarHero2

Canada (or any state for that matter) is not telling anyone or any church what to believe or what not! Churches are still free to express their disappoval of homosexuality and they may practice as much exclusion and discrimination as they like! :)

Just do not expect a state which has written equality onto its flag to finacially support such discriminatory practices!:wave:

Couldn't of said it better myself Rochir;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟129,564.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Churches shouldn't be tax exempt anyway.
But then how would all those 'Men of God' build those gigantic monuments to their ego and vanity? Er, I mean give all the money they raise to charity?

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2002
✟16,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

You Godwin'd your own post. Thread over.

Upvote 0

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thread re-opened

No debating and

2.1 No Flaming

You will not "flame" other members or groups of members. Flaming includes, but is not limited to:
- Ridiculing, insulting, or demeaning another member or group of members;
- Ridiculing another member's beliefs;
- Ridiculing public figures important to another's religious beliefs;
- Stating or implying that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian;
- Calling or describing other people, groups, belief-systems, or ideas as heresy or a cult (or derivatives of these words). Instead of using these emotionally charged words, please state "X is wrong because of Y" rather than using these words in polemical discussion;
- Asking loaded questions that directly cause flames in response;
- Using sarcasm to attempt any of the above; and
- Threats of any sort, including advocating or supporting physical or mental harm against another living creature (this creature clause does not apply to political discussions of military action, hunting/fishing discussions nor ethical discussions of capital punishment).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

momalle1

Veteran
Sep 27, 2005
✟10,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BOTTOM LINE: Don't vote for any candidate who supports political correctness if you value religious freedom and free speech. It is your duty in Christ Jesus NOT to support evil and sin with your vote.
First, don't tell me how Jesus wants me to vote. Second, you vote Republican on a national level? Shall I name the sinners? Third, I have witnessed nothing that says you support freedom of religion, rather that you would prefer a Christian nation, am I wrong?

Upvote 0

LovesTruth

May 22, 2006
✟2,092.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First, don't tell me how Jesus wants me to vote. Second, you vote Republican on a national level? Shall I name the sinners? Third, I have witnessed nothing that says you support freedom of religion, rather that you would prefer a Christian nation, am I wrong?
Yes, you are! :D

Upvote 0