Son of God
Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
✟8,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Feelings have sources........if you learn the source, yes, your feelings are very accurate...

For instance fear? Does God fear? Is that God in you moving or someone else? You have to be willing to see, to walk in the Light....and it takes great sacrifice of self and repentance.

Upvote 0

Redwood

Oct 17, 2008
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Feelings have sources........if you learn the source, yes, your feelings are very accurate...

For instance fear? Does God fear? Is that God in you moving or someone else? You have to be willing to see, to walk in the Light....and it takes great sacrifice of self and repentance.
Great point!!!

The sacrifice and repentance part I think is a left field additive...Repentance means simply going the other way and sacrifice of self is misleading, because walking in the light is the opposite of walking in darkness.

Walking in darkness means you don't know where you are going...walking in the light means you know where you are going and can anticipate things that would be beneficial as well as destructive.

Upvote 0

Angeloffire

Son of God
Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
✟8,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Here's one I've been chewing on the last few days.....How many things do I do from self pity. The Holy Spirit NEVER feels sorry for HImself.......so anything I do from those feelings are not done in Him!

What if we began to be aware of the source of our feelings? And only moved when He moved? Would we indeed be led by the Spirit?

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You can trust feeling in your heart, because your heart is your spiritual mind, and if you are transformed and renewed, then that feeling is discernment. Sometimes people refer to it as "gut feeling".

But, if the feeling is felt in your brain, the carnal mind, then be aware, beware, and don't be unaware.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When a feeling eminates from our spiritual mind, our heart then I believe that those feelings are Holy Spirit generated.

When a feeling eminates from your carnal mind, your brain, then I believe that those feelings are generated by our sinful self nature and influenced by Satan's forces.

When we feel "self-pity" is because we often exaggerate things in our life through sickness and misfortunes, and this happens because we are doing most things in our own strength, and cannot get to that "secret place" with HIM to help us to overcome and conquer our failing.

I have a sickness that I don't want, and because the sickness is extreme it causes many feelings from the heart and brain, and then I may become angry, and "self-centred", but we still don't lose our sight and focus from our Lord Jesus Christ even though we are suffering.

If we suffer from "self-pity" then what else can we give to others?

I pray that I am making some sense?:)

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But, if the feeling is felt in your brain, the carnal mind, then be aware, beware, and don't be unaware.

Amen, Mate!!!

Don't leave home without being aware of those false impulses/feelings/the body of this death!

Consider reading:
Romans 8:13

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Angeloffire

Son of God
Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
✟8,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When a feeling eminates from our spiritual mind, our heart then I believe that those feelings are Holy Spirit generated.

When a feeling eminates from your carnal mind, your brain, then I believe that those feelings are generated by our sinful self nature and influenced by Satan's forces.

When we feel "self-pity" is because we often exaggerate things in our life through sickness and misfortunes, and this happens because we are doing most things in our own strength, and cannot get to that "secret place" with HIM to help us to overcome and conquer our failing.

I have a sickness that I don't want, and because the sickness is extreme it causes many feelings from the heart and brain, and then I may become angry, and "self-centred", but we still don't lose our sight and focus from our Lord Jesus Christ even though we are suffering.

If we suffer from "self-pity" then what else can we give to others?

I pray that I am making some sense?:)

Yes, I understand what you mean. This is why we can't just stop being angry or from feeling self pity, etc. on and in our own strength. Not only are we getting help from evil spirits/devils to feel the sickness, but to also feel the anger, etc.

We must cry out "Abba Father" and ask Him for the strength, the wisdom, and as He is the only Savior, we must go to Him for all our needs.

The feelings I was speaking of earlier, were ones of choosing and to see who and what and where a person was coming from. Often we think we are doing God's will, yet we will come from a place of anger, revenge, or selfish ambitions etc.

I've learnt that if I watch closely, that I can see these and resist the devils when they seek to influence me. This has brought much joy and peace to my life.

Blessings,

AOF

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟166,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Good Post.

Feelings do have a source, but we should be learning to not act upon them without a witness to our spirit from The Holy Spirit. It can take time to learn the difference.

Just because my heart feels doesn't mean I'm suppose to act. Several times I seen how my heart can mislead me.

Upvote 0

Angeloffire

Son of God
Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
✟8,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Good Post.

Feelings do have a source, but we should be learning to not act upon them without a witness to our spirit from The Holy Spirit. It can take time to learn the difference.

Just because my heart feels doesn't mean I'm suppose to act. Several times I seen how my heart can mislead me.

Thanks! :)

I have noticed that what I want seems to be the thing that misleads my own heart and this would fall in line with what James said about being drawn away and enticed and the double minded man.

When I remove the 'I' factor, then move from the Holy Spirit's feelings, I get very clear directions.

I then seek move from faith, love, wisdom, kindness, patience, peaceful feelings, joyful feelings, etc......it is my goal or desire, if you will, to keep submitting to Him in me.....and it is amazing!

I'm quick to repent when I fall....like get angry or impatient etc., and I just ask for more wisdom and strength to get it right the next time.

Blessings,

AOF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good Post.

It was a good post. Angeloffire is a keeper also, yeah like you too AR-01 (love your cat), but for sure there is false prophets in our midst.

Some would say that Jude was causing division but what he is saying, but we best always remember that he was moved by God's Holy Spirit: It's GOD'S WORD:
Jude 10-23
10 But these men revile the things which they do not understand; and the things which they know by instinct, like unreasoning animals, by these things they are destroyed. 11 Woe to them! For they have gone the way of Cain, and for pay they have rushed headlong into the error of Balaam, and perished in the rebellion of Korah. 12 These are the men who are hidden reefs in your love feasts when they feast with you without fear, caring for themselves; clouds without water, carried along by winds; autumn trees without fruit, doubly dead, uprooted; 13 wild waves of the sea, casting up their own shame like foam; wandering stars, for whom the black darkness has been reserved forever. (Period!

Dear lost one and beloved, there is certainly no Glorbal Unity in Community with such men! - GOD SAYS IT! Dear reader, you just read it. They are in our love feasts but we don't join up with them in the least! :prayer:

14 It was also about these men that Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, " Behold, the Lord came with many thousands of His holy ones, 15 to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their ungodly deeds which they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him." 16 These are grumblers, finding fault, following after their own lusts; they speak arrogantly, flattering people for the sake of gaining an advantage.

17 But you, beloved, ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, 18 that they were saying to you, " In the last time there will be mockers, following after their own ungodly lusts." 19 These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit. 20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life. 22 And have mercy on some, who are doubting; 23 save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.
NASU

Some would say Jude is speaking arroganly, but he's not, for he's warning by The Holy Spirit so that we who trust in our own feelings, as such these men are, would repent and Trust The Saviour to Deliver them from all unrighteousness and be found in Him speaking out His Word to the delivering of souls from the fowler's net.

:prayer:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Good Post.

Yes James says that the heart feeds the tongue, for whatever your tongues says, comes from your heart!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Today, I sat down and watched an interpreted version of Jesus Christ Superstar by Robert Stigwood presentation by A Norman Jewison Film, which was entirely shot on location in Israel. The producer-director created a brilliant example of a modern production, which received much aclaim during Gold Globe Awards.

Now my feeling from watching this presentation, was heartfelt as I viewed the areas that our Lord Jesus Christ had probably walked. And some of the ruins where those Churches of old. I enjoyed the presentation.

The scenery was breath-taking, and the movie was brilliant, and brilliantly choreographed

Upvote 0

Angeloffire

Son of God
Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
✟8,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Today, I sat down and watched an interpreted version of Jesus Christ Superstar by Robert Stigwood presentation by A Norman Jewison Film, which was entirely shot on location in Israel. The producer-director created a brilliant example of a modern production, which received much aclaim during Gold Globe Awards.

Now my feeling from watching this presentation, was heartfelt as I viewed the areas that our Lord Jesus Christ had probably walked. And some of the ruins where those Churches of old. I enjoyed the presentation.

The scenery was breath-taking, and the movie was brilliant, and brilliantly choreographed

I haven't seen that movie....it sounds really good.....

I went to Israel....lived there for awhile....I'm sure it must have been very different back in Jesus's day as I saw a country that had alot to be desired..it was badly littered even and they actually hate christians. I accidentally was playing a song that said "Jesus the Messiah" in Hebrew and we were asked to leave the apartment as they didn't want anyone to bomb it for us being christians.

I often think of New Jerusalem and remind myself that God will bring His government here! How awesome! It is truly a glorious thing to ponder.

Blessings,

AOF

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.