Sandiwich
✟329,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There is a difference between coming to the full knowledge of the Lord and understanding that head knowledge, then walking away ( never received the Spirit but instead rejected the truth at the heart level). But to come to Jesus, believe on Him, trust Him, receive the Holy Spirit and the attributes of the fruit of the Spirit then walk away is another matter and rare if it ever happens. To lose the Spirit you have to walk away from the faith not disobey one or two of His requests of you. There is forgiveness of sin and there is mercy. We block initiation from the Spirit ( as another said we quench Him but we don't lose Him). Thus why in my other message I said to seek Him, you can make this right in almost an instant.. So none of this means you lost the Spirit but you quenched His initiations. And now you're living there. We have the God of all mercy which is fresh and new every day. We are sealed by the Spirit all the way to heavens gate and beyond. We belong to God once we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ in our hearts and our names are in the Lambs book of life to be viewed by all on judgement day. Satan has no authority over us because being saved means a legal transaction took place in heaven.

I'd rather be a toilet bowl cleaner in heaven than above all in hell. Our crowns ( we surely get one) in heaven may be missing spires and all bent up but we made it by sticking with the faith!

Upvote 0

Jonathan Lantin

Jul 6, 2022
Deland
✟11,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel The Holy Spirit has left me, I don't understand really what's happening

I understand exactly what your saying and how it feels. Nothing feels worse then to be forsaken by God and also feel like you've done something that caused the holy spirit to leave and then u start feeling in your bones that your worthless. BUT I assure you its the opposite.

A lot of the times whats happening is The Lord becomes silent for a bit and He usually do this if we tend to continue to do the things God wants us to work on but dont do it, Its like His saying you keep wanting to take the wheel instead of me so go head and He will do that for a while until you completely surrender to Him again and then Holy Spirit is back.
Hope this gives you some help and peace

Dont give up!!’ Please Dont give up, keep fighting all day and everyday until your last dying breath

Upvote 0

SunshineHollyDay

SunshineHollyDay
Mar 27, 2022
Atlanta
✟27,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand exactly what your saying and how it feels. Nothing feels worse then to be forsaken by God and also feel like you've done something that caused the holy spirit to leave and then u start feeling in your bones that your worthless. BUT I assure you its the opposite.

A lot of the times whats happening is The Lord becomes silent for a bit and He usually do this if we tend to continue to do the things God wants us to work on but dont do it, Its like His saying you keep wanting to take the wheel instead of me so go head and He will do that for a while until you completely surrender to Him again and then Holy Spirit is back.
Hope this gives you some help and peace

Dont give up!!’ Please Dont give up, keep fighting all day and everyday until your last dying breath

have you experienced this? Loss of emotion and conviction?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Lantin

Jul 6, 2022
Deland
✟11,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
YES Most definitely, I punished myself everyday for years living in shame which turn into deep depression. Even suicidal as in I rather die then to continue to feel the way I do but never actually thought of attempting it other wise satan would of won and that will never happen because dont forget he already lost and trying to take us down with him.

To be honest what helped me is a daily devotion, I made a prayer closet just dedicated for The Lord and would go in there every morning to speak to Him, to even yell at Him out of anger and sadness, shortly after doing so I started to feel connected to Him again and flood of emotions which I cried like never have before and still do today. Its a wonderful feeling knowing His still there waiting for us to go to Him.

daily devotion to The Lord is a must not once a week for church, Daily

Attachments

• 9DAF0E02-7987-4015-8756-844EA4FEC267.png
    9DAF0E02-7987-4015-8756-844EA4FEC267.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Upvote 0

SunshineHollyDay

SunshineHollyDay
Mar 27, 2022
Atlanta
✟27,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
YES Most definitely, I punished myself everyday for years living in shame which turn into deep depression. Even suicidal as in I rather die then to continue to feel the way I do but never actually thought of attempting it other wise satan would of won and that will never happen because dont forget he already lost and trying to take us down with him.

To be honest what helped me is a daily devotion, I made a prayer closet just dedicated for The Lord and would go in there every morning to speak to Him, to even yell at Him out of anger and sadness, shortly after doing so I started to feel connected to Him again and flood of emotions which I cried like never have before and still do today. Its a wonderful feeling knowing His still there waiting for us to go to Him.

daily devotion to The Lord is a must not once a week for church, Daily

how long were you like that? How long did you have no emotions or conviction of sin?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Lantin

Jul 6, 2022
Deland
✟11,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how long were you like that? How long did you have no emotions or conviction of sin?

To be honest with you I felt that my entire life, from age of 10 and even till this day @ 38 but not as much as I keep His teachings as a reminder, main issue for me is that I programmed myself to think that way and will take time to change, as the verse goes Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. which in my case is reminding me of His promise and victory.
Not saying it will be this way for you as everyones path is differ, Im very stuborn and lack of help and guidance threw out my life led me to suffer this long but ultimately ive become much stronger of it and at the end of it all I grateful for it

Upvote 0

SunshineHollyDay

SunshineHollyDay
Mar 27, 2022
Atlanta
✟27,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be honest with you I felt that my entire life, from age of 10 and even till this day @ 38 but not as much as I keep His teachings as a reminder, main issue for me is that I programmed myself to think that way and will take time to change, as the verse goes Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. which in my case is reminding me of His promise and victory.
Not saying it will be this way for you as everyones path is differ, Im very stuborn and lack of help and guidance threw out my life led me to suffer this long but ultimately ive become much stronger of it and at the end of it all I grateful for it

Are you sure were talking on the same thing? No emotions- numb on the inside?
No conviction of sin anymore?

Upvote 0

SunshineHollyDay

SunshineHollyDay
Mar 27, 2022
Atlanta
✟27,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, you can re-iterate for me how you feel currently in short version but im talking about I felt convicted with sin and emotionless/numb

sure, so I feel no emotions inside and no conviction of sin anymore.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Lantin

Jul 6, 2022
Deland
✟11,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sure, so I feel no emotions inside and no conviction of sin anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Lantin

Jul 6, 2022
Deland
✟11,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey sorry I haven't replied sooner as Im going through a hard time myself and the enemy is trying really hard keeping me from helping others and such which is hood news for you ad he considers you a threat to his evil kingdom.

so to your answer, If I may ask few personal questions that you dont have to answer is have you ever felt bad/convicted for your sins or knowing your doing wrong based on the teachings of Christ?

second question have you ever gotten baptize by anyone specificity one who has authority by the Holy Spirit ?

lets start with those

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟244,038.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
wondering if anyone has been through experience of grieving Holy Spirit to where the blessed Holy Spirit left them, and got back with Jesus Christ in fellowship somehow. there is more to this, but that is simplified version for now.

No one loses the Holy Spirit. He seals the believer unto the Day of Redemption (2 Corinthians 1:21-22; Ephesians 4:30), promising never to leave nor forsake the born-again Christian (Hebrews 13:5), and no one, which necessarily includes the believer him/herself, has the power to remove any genuinely born-again believer from God's hand (John 10:28-29).

There are, though, many "false brethren" within the Church, "tares" Jesus called them, who often depart the faith never having actually possessed it as a truly born-again child of God. (1 John 3:19)

Fellowship with God is the consequence of submission to Him, of taking a place of yielded surrender to His will and way throughout every day. God "lifts up" only those who go low before Him. (James 4:6-10; 1 Peter 5:6), transforming those who, by their submission to Him, agree to being transformed. God the Holy Spirit will not force change upon those in whom he dwells.

For the believer who has been living in a state of self-will, of rebellion, toward God, the process of restoring fellowship with God is as follows:

Repent: Change your mind about your sin and the self-deceptions upon which that sin rests. (James 4:6-10; )
Confess: Agree with God that your sin is the sin He says it is and that you ought not to have sinned. (1 John 1:9)
Submit: Consciously, explicitly place yourself all throughout each day under God's mighty hand,
submitting to His will and way in the face of every temptation to follow your own way into sin. (Romans 6:13; Romans 8:14; Romans 12:1; 1 Peter 5:6; James 4:7)

Upvote 0

Jonathan Lantin

Jul 6, 2022
Deland
✟11,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hello Brother, Havent heard from you and checking on how you are doing and if anything I can help even video chat or phone call which either I’m happy to do and will make time for you.
Let know?
My name is Jonathan btw, Pleasure to be your acquaintance

Upvote 0

DiscipleOfChrist85

Servant Of The True King
Sep 20, 2021
Florida
✟34,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sometimes I wonder to myself
"Is God really real or is he a convenient delusion created by my feeble brain so I can find confront in the cold uncaring absurd reality that I live in ?"
"Was all the religious and spiritual experiences real ? "
"Or where they all the result of brain chemicals because these experiences can be reproduced with drugs ?"
" Are miracles real, or are they just exaggerations, fabrications, luck, or lies?"
"Where all the atheists right in rejecting God the supernatural and religion?"
"Is there an afterlife ?"
"Have I been fooling myself into believing a bronze age fairy tale about a personal almighty God who will cleanse the world of all evil caused by our forefathers so we can have a chance to forsake our feeble fickle ways and life like our supposed savior ? "
"Was our savior really the son of God ?"
"If God is real then why can't we produce testable evidence that he is real ?"
"Why do so many Christians hate on others deny science and reality and use the bible to justify horrible actions in the name of God? "
"Why can't I answer or convince nonbelievers of my faith?"
These questions and many more plague my mind and I wonder if maybe everything I believe in is false and all this time I'm believing a lie.
These questions are nonsense of course because I have come to realize that none of us actually understands God. He is beyond our thinking and imaginations. Even those with a close relationship with only have the barest understanding of him.
I have learned to trust which isn't easy but even the heroes of the bible doubted God but you must continue to have faith because the greatest enemy is the only you don't think exists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SunshineHollyDay

SunshineHollyDay
Mar 27, 2022
Atlanta
✟27,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I may ask few personal questions that you dont have to answer is have you ever felt bad/convicted for your sins or knowing your doing wrong based on the teachings of Christ?

second question have you ever gotten baptize by anyone specificity one who has authority by the Holy Spirit ?

1st answer: yes, I’ve been convicted of sin before. I don’t have conviction now…

2nd answer: I don’t believe I’ve ever had prayer specifically for baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

SunshineHollyDay

SunshineHollyDay
Mar 27, 2022
Atlanta
✟27,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I wonder to myself
"Is God really real or is he a convenient delusion created by my feeble brain so I can find confront in the cold uncaring absurd reality that I live in ?"
"Was all the religious and spiritual experiences real ? "
"Or where they all the result of brain chemicals because these experiences can be reproduced with drugs ?"
" Are miracles real, or are they just exaggerations, fabrications, luck, or lies?"
"Where all the atheists right in rejecting God the supernatural and religion?"
"Is there an afterlife ?"
"Have I been fooling myself into believing a bronze age fairy tale about a personal almighty God who will cleanse the world of all evil caused by our forefathers so we can have a chance to forsake our feeble fickle ways and life like our supposed savior ? "
"Was our savior really the son of God ?"
"If God is real then why can't we produce testable evidence that he is real ?"
"Why do so many Christians hate on others deny science and reality and use the bible to justify horrible actions in the name of God? "
"Why can't I answer or convince nonbelievers of my faith?"
These questions and many more plague my mind and I wonder if maybe everything I believe in is false and all this time I'm believing a lie.
These questions are nonsense of course because I have come to realize that none of us actually understands God. He is beyond our thinking and imaginations. Even those with a close relationship with only have the barest understanding of him.
I have learned to trust which isn't easy but even the heroes of the bible doubted God but you must continue to have faith because the greatest enemy is the only you don't think exists.

I have faith in God, I’m concerned I went too far into sin after knowing God and now it’s too late to repent, not that I haven’t repented but because it wasn’t led by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit leads us into repentance, without the Holy Spirit we have no chance of true repentance. This thread is about concerned individuals who believe they sinned away their salvation.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Lantin

Jul 6, 2022
Deland
✟11,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1st answer: yes, I’ve been convicted of sin before. I don’t have conviction now…

2nd answer: I don’t believe I’ve ever had prayer specifically for baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Hello, Alright well let me just say from my experience is The Lord will call upon you has God wants our hearts and if we answer then He continues to speak to us and in time we grow to understand and build a relationship on those building blocks. Their are many who has rejected this call by either blindly rejection and how u do this is simply ignoring Him and others have tried but unwilling to give up worldly things.
The Lord knows all and also knows that if in your current path you choose to follow and continue to reject (knowledgeably) or blindly so with that said The Lord didn’t make us into robots to force us to believe and follow. For example because The Lord made us in his image we can use this concept with our daily life. If your a male and you found a beautiful women that you end up falling in love do you want her to choose to love you and be with you, have a relationship and have endless bond of love and passion or to be with you by force ?
The Lord feels in the same very way, He wants us to choose Him everyday and to build a relationship with Him with Love and harmony. Ultimately this life isnt ours it is borrowed, if someone says its your life then thats foolish, if it were then we would choose to live forever as humans if it was ours. When the time comes to die we will be powerless to stop it and truly realize I have no control of own life meaning our living conscience/Spirit life force. Every day we draw breath is from The Lord and His everlasting love and mercy.

basically what I am saying is go to the Lord at a private time and speak to Him from your heart and repent by saying I acknowledge thus far that I am very small, I lack understanding and conviction that I accept our Lord Jesus Christ as my Personal Savior and ask to come in my life right now to shake my heart and open my eyes and spirit so that I may hear, feel and understand you more. I am at your mercy and only you Lord can save me and change me, you gave me life and I am here so please dont turn your face from me and show yourself to me.

keep this prayer in your mind and heart night and day and believe He will answer and I promise you on His time He well.
Trust in Him with all your heart, mind and soul which will take time to learn how to do that but The Lord knows we move in baby steps and wont happen over night.

God bless brother

Upvote 0

SunshineHollyDay

SunshineHollyDay
Mar 27, 2022
Atlanta
✟27,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah but unbelief is also a grave sin yet I still repent. It is never to late to repent. There is no sin to great that God can forgive you for otherwise Christ died for nothing.
The unforgivable sin?

Upvote 0