Can you be Christian and believe in evolution?

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And I would view the evolution of people in the same way as evolution of any other living thing, particularly of the animal kingdom.

There is also the spiritual evolution of a Believer.

The Christinese is "Growing in Grace".

Let me show you how that works... Reader.

You begin, as Born again "having become the Righteousness of God in Christ'""

And now as a baby Christian, you are to feed on the "sincere milk of the word"... all the time for the rest of your LIFE.

And then, 99.5% of Christians become spiritual growth stunted because they were trapped by a cult , or, they never make it past Hebrews 6:1

The .5 who do make it past all the "doctrines of Devils", and become a disciple of Paul's Doctrine... if they continue, and complete the learning regarding all of His Revelation, then they have "worked out their Salvation" as that is to understand it perfectly, and they eventually become these.

"as many as Be Perfect", as "The fullness of the Stature of Christ", and they only "Walk in the Spirit".

Last edited:
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So people are animals?

Id say that the harmful people who came to Israel last OCT 7, are a little lower than Animals.

There is an Apostle in the NT who refers to this type , as a "Brute Beast".

Upvote 0

olgamc

Mar 10, 2024
Huntsville
✟6,134.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
huh? Well no wonder we cant agree on things, you're blinding yourself from evidence for my position.
You are trying to convince me that Bible is near east cosmology. I choose to believe that Bible is the Word of God.

I have watched some of your videos. I sent you one reference, it was a 7 minute talk by John Piper about what it means to be in the image of God. Have you listened to it?

Upvote 0

olgamc

Mar 10, 2024
Huntsville
✟6,134.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Id say that the harmful people who came to Israel last OCT 7, are a little lower than Animals.

There is an Apostle in the NT who refers to this type , as a "Brute Beast".
Those harmful people are people that Christ died for.

Upvote 0

olgamc

Mar 10, 2024
Huntsville
✟6,134.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well the earth has foot tracks and trace fossils that would indicate that the earth wasn't created with fossils in it.

And the latter option, God creating big categories:

View attachment 344681

I think it would suggest that God was wrestles or impatient. He creates fish group A, its not quite right, he renders it extinct, creates group B, that's not quite right, renders it extinct, creates group C, still not quite right, he destroys it, comes up with group D and on and on and on...

It's easier to imagine evolution via common ancestry than to think of it as God creating and destroying a billion times over and over and over again like He doesn't know what He wants.
Not necessarily. I can make 2 pairs of pants, then at a later time I can take 2 pairs of pants and re-fashion them into a skirt. Or I can make pants and skirt. I am the maker, I get to choose how and when I want to make stuff.

I can also make brand new jeans that look worn, if that’s a look I am going for. I am the maker, I get to choose.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course. But are you just an animal, or is there more to you than just your body?
Evolution makes no claims about the supernatural. Do you want to keep talking about the Bible?

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Evolution makes no claims about the supernatural. Do you want to keep talking about the Bible?
Biology class says nothing about our spiritual nature, not for it, nor against it. The sciences do not make claims in these matters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure. But are you just a spirit?
It sounded like you wanted to discuss evolution but you're asking questions about spirits.

Im comfortable with the belief in being more than just physical elements and matter.

Upvote 0

olgamc

Mar 10, 2024
Huntsville
✟6,134.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It sounded like you wanted to discuss evolution but you're asking questions about spirits.

Im comfortable with the belief in being more than just physical elements and matter.
How about you decide if you are just a body or just a spirit. Then we can look at either science or Bible. Until you decide, I say we look at both.

Prove to me, using both science and theology, that people evolved.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How about you decide if you are just a body or just a spirit. Then we can look at either science or Bible. Until you decide, I say we look at both.

Prove to me, using both science and theology, that people evolved.
Believe it or not, it is possible to talk about science without needing to talk about supernatural matters.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Believe it or not, it is possible to talk about science without needing to talk about supernatural matters.
And evolution isn't in the Bible. Moses lived and died a long time before evolution was discovered. He didn't know about evolution. So you won't read about it in scripture. Same with calculus, the internet, social media, artificial intelligence etc. these things are not in the Bible, and thus will never be proven by scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

olgamc

Mar 10, 2024
Huntsville
✟6,134.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And evolution isn't in the Bible. Moses lived and died a long time before evolution was discovered. He didn't know about evolution. So you won't read about it in scripture. Same with calculus, the internet, social media, artificial intelligence etc. these things are not in the Bible, and thus will never be proven by scripture.
Right. I am not asking you to find evolution in the Bible or theology in science.

You believe that people evolved. People are body+spirit. Use science and theology to prove to me that people evolved.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Right. I am not asking you to find evolution in the Bible or theology in science.

You believe that people evolved. People are body+spirit. Use science and theology to prove to me that people evolved.

You won't find evolution in the Bible, just like you won't find calculus, space shuttles, or the periodic table. The Bible was written before these things were discovered. And science, similar to plumbing or similar to being a garbage man, or similar to flipping patties at a restaurant, these things don't really have anything to do with theology. We learn theology from scripture, we don't learn theology from non-theological matters.

Upvote 0

olgamc

Mar 10, 2024
Huntsville
✟6,134.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You won't find evolution in the Bible, just like you won't find calculus, space shuttles, or the periodic table. The Bible was written before these things were discovered. And science, similar to plumbing or similar to being a garbage man, or similar to flipping patties at a restaurant, these things don't really have anything to do with theology. We learn theology from scripture, we don't learn theology from non-theological matters.
In other words… you can’t?

I think I can prove using science, theology, and mathematical reasoning, that we did not evolve. I don’t know if it’s flawless, but I am open to feedback.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In other words… you can’t?

I think I can prove using science, theology, and mathematical reasoning, that we did not evolve. I don’t know if it’s flawless, but I am open to feedback.
You can't find calculus or the internet in the Bible? Correct.

Nor does one need to. We don't need the Bible to tell us about the internet or social media for us to know that these are real things. And science doesn't operate on supernatural things no more does plumbing or working as a car mechanic.

When you change a tire on your car, do you have supernatural experiences with the tire? No. But that's ok, because that's now what being a car mechanic is about. That's why God gave us the Word.

Upvote 0

olgamc

Mar 10, 2024
Huntsville
✟6,134.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can't find calculus or the internet in the Bible? Correct.
Correct. I am not asking you to.
Nor does one need to. We don't need the Bible to tell us about the internet or social media for us to know that these are real things. And science doesn't operate on supernatural things no more does plumbing or working as a car mechanic.
Correct
When you change a tire on your car, do you have supernatural experiences with the tire? No. But that's ok, because that's now what being a car mechanic is about.
Correct. But people are not tires.
That's why God gave us the Word.
Exactly.

You think that people evolved. Can you prove it? Use science for body, Bible for spirit, and prove that people (body+spirit) evolved.

I believe that people did not evolve. I even believe that people's bodies did not evolve. I think I can prove it, using the science and the Bible. Would you like to hear me out or no?

Last edited:
Upvote 0