Can you answer these questions? :)

jayisscott

Nov 1, 2014
✟15,112.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I am doing an interview for school and I thought that when people answer things online they are more inclined to tell their true thoughts. So I need a 20-35 year old, and a 35-50 year old to answer a few questions for me about faith! So it would help if you stated your age before you answer. I will be using the answers to write a paper. Preferably I would like answers from someone who has a pretty well-developed faith but you definitely do not have to be a pastor or anything.
Thank you
P.S. This is your chance to interject your feelings about Christianity

1. How would you describe your walk with The Lord in the last year?

2. What do you do to support/strengthen your faith? How often? (I.E. Church, Prayer...)

3. Do you believe you can be close to God without reading your Bible weekly?

4. What type of things do you do(or have done) when you find yourself living in sin?

5. Do you have an immediate group of friends that you can be encouraged in faith by?

6. What do you think is the biggest flaw in the Christian community today?

7. In what ways does God speak to you?

8. At what point do you believe Christians who are sinning become non-Christians?

9. What is your favorite part about being a Christian?

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I am doing an interview for school and I thought that when people answer things online they are more inclined to tell their true thoughts. So I need a 20-35 year old, and a 35-50 year old to answer a few questions for me about faith! So it would help if you stated your age before you answer. I will be using the answers to write a paper. Preferably I would like answers from someone who has a pretty well-developed faith but you definitely do not have to be a pastor or anything.
Thank you
P.S. This is your chance to interject your feelings about Christianity

2. What do you do to support/strengthen your faith? How often? (I.E. Church, Prayer...)

4. What type of things do you do(or have done) when you find yourself living in sin?

5. Do you have an immediate group of friends that you can be encouraged in faith by?

8. At what point do you believe Christians who are sinning become non-Christians?

Hi; I'm 50. My walk this past year has been a case of Ebenezer, hitherto hath the Lord helped us. Prayer and the Scriptures strengthen faith. Weekly reading of the Scriptures is not enough and there is no power for God without prayer and the Scriptures. 'Living in sin' can mean many things, but prayer and daily Bible reading drive the influence of sin away, for those who are cleansed by the blood of Christ, through faith. Yes, I'm greatly privileged to have Christian friends. The biggest flaw among professing Christians is a lack of Bible knowledge and prayer. God speaks to me through His Word, as my conscience is enlightened. Someone who continues in sin and is dominated by it and does not follow the Lord, was never a Christian in the first place. Let God choose what He wants me to enjoy most.

Upvote 0

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am 33.

Ever growing. I have been under a lot of stress actually and it has helped me to discover many things about myself and helped to purge me of some things. God will allow us to walk through the fire sometimes, but He is in the furnace with us to teach us how to walk.

I meditate on the scriptures. In doing so I ask questions and look for answers. I believe that faith comes through hearing the word of God (as the Bible says).

David once said "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." You can be close to God without reading it, but not without having it in your heart to meditate on. So the real answer is that one must read it and remember it...not just read it. Because there are some times when you may not be able to read it. But you can always think of it.

I go to God. When we yield ourselves as servants of sin we will do so. But when we yield to God we will not sin.

My wife is the greatest encourager I have ever known. Sadly there are few others I can trust in.

The biggest flaw is probably the fact that not all in the Christian community are Christians. Sadly the lack of pure biblical preaching and teaching has led to many who do not even understand the basic doctrine of how to be saved.

I believe a combination of half heartedness, and lack of discipline in group and individual lives contributes to this.

God speaks in many ways, but the greatest way is through scripture. His word has been written down. I find that God will direct our steps and let us decide our path. Meaning we go after things in life while abiding by the rules and wisdom in the scriptures. Every other way that God speaks (dreams, visions, prophecy, so on...) must be tested through the scriptures. Since even Satan can act like an angel of light.

At the point when they cast off their faith. Sin is very treacherous. It slowly eats away at you until it deceives you into throwing away faith that God will forgive. For those who live in sin without conviction or desire to turn from it, they have already cast off their faith. Because faith requires the action of turning to God and away from sin. They can speak and praise God with their mouths, but their hearts are far from Him.

Having the Spirit of God within.

Upvote 0