Can Two Gay People Be In Love with Each Other?

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No, everyone is not a sinner. I am not a sinner. I am a child of God. When I became a child of God he put a new heart in me, a new spirit.
As the bible says, When I was a child, I spake as a child, when I grew up, I put away childish things.

8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives. 1 John 1:8-10

Rebecca, to not be a sinner you would not be human. we are all sinners and will all continue to sin until we are in the presence of Christ.

Becoming a Child of God does not render you sinless. It renders you forgiven of the sin you have committed, are committing and will commit.

Becoming a new creature in Christ should however change our nature and our desire to not commit sin.

Upvote 0

RebeccaJO

Aug 4, 2007
WV
✟8,015.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aquamarine: I will sin in this flesh, I do not claim to be perfect. But what seperates me from the sinners is that I repent of the sins that I've done. A sinner can't repent cause they are still a sinner.

Tulc: A sinner may read the bible everyday, but he/she doesn't understand God's word for it is spiritualy discerned.

1 Peter 5:6-7 says Humbles yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time. Casting all your care upon him for he careth for you.
This doesn't say it is okay to be a homosexual. You won't find a verse in the bible that says it is okay.

Chalice Thunder: God is against one being gay. He says it is an abomination to him. God did destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexual's. God did not make anyone gay, no one is born that way. It is a choice one makes. I can only lead you to the truth to God's word. I can't make you believe it. As the saying goes, You can lead a horse to water but you can't make the horse drink.

No one is without sin except Jesus Christ. I do sin not willingly. As with the homosexuals, if they truely love God and truely are a Christian, they wouldn't go against God's word by engaging in this sin. I am not without sin. but when I do sin, I repent and ask for forgiveness. Unlike a person whom says to God, I done this Lord forgive me. And the very next day do the very same thing. God tells us in his word that people like this he turned them over to a reprobate mind.

Upvote 0

RebeccaJO

Aug 4, 2007
WV
✟8,015.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Zaac: I said I was no longer a sinner. I didn't say I was without sin. I know what the bible says about sin. As long as I am in this flesh, I will sin. but when a Christian sins, Jesus interceeds prayer for us. Pleading to God on our behalfs. Again, a person can not be a sinner and a Christian at the same time. that is like straddling the fence of God and Satan.
Sin comes from the heart. When my flesh sins, it doesn't come from the heart. It is my flesh wanting to do fleshly things, worldly things. As the spirit wanting to do Godly things. It is a battle between the spirit of God in us and our flesh. This is why a christian needs to die out to flesh daily. I agree when one comes to Christ, they no longer desire to sin. As when I was a sinner, I didn't care if I sinned or not. but when I came to Christ, he put a new heart in me, a new desire in me. My desire is to obey God in everyway, while I die out to self.

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Zaac: I said I was no longer a sinner. I didn't say I was without sin. I know what the bible says about sin. As long as I am in this flesh, I will sin. but when a Christian sins, Jesus interceeds prayer for us. Pleading to God on our behalfs. Again, a person can not be a sinner and a Christian at the same time. that is like straddling the fence of God and Satan.
Sin comes from the heart. When my flesh sins, it doesn't come from the heart. It is my flesh wanting to do fleshly things, worldly things. As the spirit wanting to do Godly things. It is a battle between the spirit of God in us and our flesh. This is why a christian needs to die out to flesh daily. I agree when one comes to Christ, they no longer desire to sin. As when I was a sinner, I didn't care if I sinned or not. but when I came to Christ, he put a new heart in me, a new desire in me. My desire is to obey God in everyway, while I die out to self.
The only one who is without sin is Jesus...
We can try to be Christlike...that is our purpose as Christians...however we are not Christ no matter how hard we try or want to be...we are mere humans and we will continue to fall...thats is what God's Grace is there for :)

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tulc: A sinner may read the bible everyday, but he/she doesn't understand God's word for it is spiritualy discerned.
Ahhh! Once again we are back to "You don't decide who is or isn't a Christian." Well...unless it is up to you? Was that authority given to you when you were made sinless? :scratch:
tulc(really hopes not, 'cause I like leaving it up to God) :)

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ahhh! Once again we are back to "You don't decide who is or isn't a Christian." Well...unless it is up to you? Was that authority given to you when you were made sinless? :scratch:
tulc(really hopes not, 'cause I like leaving it up to God) :)

Whether or not you get a cup of the pot of coffee I'm holding is dependent on who you believe gets to decide who is or is not a Christian: Zaac or me.

And you'd better hurry, tulc: the coffee's getting cold... ;)

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Coffee had BETTER NOT be a sin! :)

Hey bro - rejoice with us...our Domestic Partnership License arrived in the mail last night.

We iz legal! (23 years late, but oh well...:wave:)

Congratulations! :hug::hug::hug: Big congratulatory hugs to you and your partner

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Rebecca I understand what you're trying to say. But what you are saying contradicts God's Word.

If you lie, you're a liar.
If you murder, you're a murderer.
If you sin, you're a sinner.

The only difference between you as a sinner and the nonBeliever is that you have the indwelling of Jesus Christ to make you blemish free in the eyes of the Father.

Your sin is forgiven. It is not nonexistent. Though forgiven, there are still consequences to this sin.

But this is a discussion for another thread. :)

Upvote 0

edwardnortonfan

Jul 15, 2007
Big Rapids
Visit site
✟7,717.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's sad that this question has to be asked. Can homosexuals love? Yes. Of course they can love each other. It's patently ridiculous to think otherwise. The only way people can get away with thinking otherwise is to dance around in semantical glee, claiming that homosexuals think they're loving someone when they're really not. It's the "everyone's wrong but me" syndrome, and I had it just as bad when I was a fundamentalist. I spent a lot of years arguing pointless things in pointless ways and now I wish I could have those years back.

Upvote 0

UnitedInChrist

Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
New Jersey
✟8,999.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
People...just a word of caution. This "RebeccaJO" character is probably someone that has been on these boards under a different name. She has come outta nowhere with her incredibly offensive, and hateful remarks. Seems to me she's hitting many of these boards to start intensive arguing only to thus have them shut down for numerous violations. It's probably her goal to do just that. WHile very hard to ignore her, I would suggest to simply b/c we will all play into her hands and do what she wants us to do. Just reading her posts, one should know it doesn't merit a discussion in the least. If she is real..she is one angry, hateful, and MOST unchristian like person on this forum. If she's not real...well...who cares...She's getting everyone enraged here and we need to step back and not give her her the attention she is craving. Thanks.

Upvote 0
C

ChaliceThunder

People...just a word of caution. This "RebeccaJO" character is probably someone that has been on these boards under a different name. She has come outta nowhere with her incredibly offensive, and hateful remarks. Seems to me she's hitting many of these boards to start intensive arguing only to thus have them shut down for numerous violations. It's probably her goal to do just that. WHile very hard to ignore her, I would suggest to simply b/c we will all play into her hands and do what she wants us to do. Just reading her posts, one should know it doesn't merit a discussion in the least. If she is real..she is one angry, hateful, and MOST unchristian like person on this forum. If she's not real...well...who cares...She's getting everyone enraged here and we need to step back and not give her her the attention she is craving. Thanks.
Wise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Yes of course two people can be in love with each other, indeed two gay people can be in love with each other, men with women and men with men.
Please note this is the Christian view of love, this is not sex or sexual attraction. I am a man, I love my wife and I have male friedns who I love, thats because I am a Christian
are you saying its okay to be homosexual as long as you dont have sexual relations?

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
are you saying its okay to be homosexual as long as you dont have sexual relations?

I think hes saying as soon as sexual attraction becomes part of "love" for a member of the same-sex then that friendship becomes immoral.

Obviously I disagree with this.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Dear Halohope,
I think hes saying as soon as sexual attraction becomes part of "love" for a member of the same-sex then that friendship becomes immoral.

Obviously I disagree with this.
Yes but firstly on what grounds, your opinion? Secondly, we dont have the same idea of love. one cant love God if one is doing something against God's wishes and one cant be loving ones neighbour either if one is going against God's puposes for that neighbour

Upvote 0