U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Please explain to me the AntiChrist? How will we who are sealed and baptzed in the Holy Ghost know when he, she, it, comes? :confused:

What I believe the Scriptures tell us is that we (the Church) won't be able to identify him. That first we will be taken (raptured) before his identity is revealed. By then, he will already be in power.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-10 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

3. Don't let anyone deceive you in any way. For [that day] will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction.
4. He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits in God's sanctuary, publicizing that he himself is God.
5. Don't you remember that when I was still with you I told you about this?
6. And you know what currently restrains [him], so that he will be revealed in his time.
7. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; but the one now restraining will do so until he is out of the way,
8. and then the lawless one will be revealed. The Lord Jesus will destroy him with the breath of His mouth and will bring him to nothing with the brightness of His coming.
9. The coming [of the lawless one] is based on Satan's working, with all kinds of false miracles, signs, and wonders,
10. and with every unrighteous deception among those who are perishing. [They perish] because they did not accept the love of the truth in order to be saved.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
hi, Brandlynn :)

Here's my take:

verses on antichrist

Matthew 24:5,23,24,26
Mark 13:6,21,22Luke 21:8
2 Thessalonians 2:3-12
1 John 2:18,22
1 John 4:3
2 John 1:7
Revelation 19:20
Revelation 20:10,15

1. Anyone who believes or teaches anything other than the doctrine of Jesus Christ comes with the spirit of antichrist. This person is not the antichrist. He carries the spirit of antichrist.

There are two ultimate spirits. The Holy Spirit - the Spirit of God, Himself .. and the spirit not of God. Just as God's Spirit is of love and faith and truth and more .. the spirit of antichrist is lies, deception, greed, anger, lust, etc. Those are things not of the Lord. You can clearly see the difference. Those are known as the fruits of those two spirits or the fruit of the tree which they come from. There are two masters. Jesus Christ and Satan. We must choose which we will follow. We must remember that Jesus Christ is the Lord of lords and Master of masters. Satan may be a master but he's not the Master and he will answer to the true Master in time. Galatians 5 is a good book on the differences.

2. Then there is the antichrist. And he will come and he will stand where he ought not. The general conclusion on this is meaning the Temple Mount. He is to be greatly feared because he has the ability to cost people their souls by deceiving people into following him. He does everything to imitate Christ .. many will be deceived into beleiving he is Christ. That's why the bible warns us to be afraid of the one who can make you desolate .. hence you can see where in Daniel the term 'abomination of desolation' fits in. You see the antichrist comes to lie and deceive people into following him because he believes he should be the greatest. All those spirits of antichrist belong to the antichrist. That's why it's crucial to learn what the Lord would say to you and what Satan would say to you. Then you know which tree the fruit is falling from. Seek and learn for yourself the Truth. It's mighty scary times to listen to me or anyone else. The scriptures are up there. Ask God to open your eyes to the Truth. He says seek and ye shall find. I believe that means seek from Him the Truth .. not man. And I believe He means it when He says you will find it. It's good to get help sometimes in trying to understand. But never, ever accept it as the final word. That belongs to God and God alone.

as for the rapture ... not all believe the rapture happens before the tribulation and the anti-Christ ... we will know him when he stands in the temple mount where he ought not stand ... if you know Christ, you'll know the anti-christ when he shows up ... a good reminder is to point you to Revelations 1,2,3 where Christ speaks to the churches ... the general apt is to look and the downfalls of the other churches (sort of like today, eh?) it's a much better strategy to see what it was Christ was pleased with and begin to understand ... Revelation 3 ... that you recieve that key that the enemy can't deceive you ...

one last thing about the rapture ... it seems absurd to me that people worry about when or if it's comng or not ... the bigger question to me is we should ask ourself if we're truly ready ... the ten virgins ... 5 had no oil ... thought they did ... huhuh ... didn't ... the oil? ... Christ ... Christos ... the Anointed One ...

since this is such a hot topic ... once again, I'm recommending you know where you stand on the rules for posting in this forum ... preferably before you post ...

jmho
keepin' the peace
lilmiss

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
II Thessalonians 1 shows that the Lord will return executing judgment on them that believe not, and giving the church rest.

The Bible contains warnings about the man of sin so that the church will recognize him. The day of the Lord will not come before the man of sin is revealed.

Upvote 0

BarryK

Feb 16, 2006
pocono mountains, Pennsyltucky
✟7,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wouldnt worry too much about that,I would be more concerned about simply pressing into Jesus to touch Him, just like the woman with the issue of blood. Focus on Him and Him alone, dont worry about any of this other stuff.

Perhaps you may want to read, then meditate on the 9th chapter of Exekiel, and askthe Comforter, the one" who will teach you all things", how he wants you to "weep and sigh" and be sealed with the Fathers seal

Remember
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of heaven..."

Upvote 0