Can Muslims be friends with Christians and Judea?

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As for such [of the unbelievers] as do not fight against you on account of [your] faith, and neither drive you forth from your homelands, God does not forbid you to show them kindness and to behave towards them with full equity: for, verily, God loves those who act equitably. (Quran 60:8)

Can Muslims be friends with Jews and Christians? - IslamiCity

• Useful
Reactions: brinny

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It depends on which text the person is adhering to...

The Quran, much like many other holy books, has a wide spectrum of recommendations...from reasonable "be nice to people, don't steal, etc..." all the way up to "this kind of person is evil and deserves harsh treatment" (and recommends treatment that most of the civilized world would view as barbaric)

There are people in all faiths who adhere to the milder recommendations, and simply ignore the harsh ones, and attempt to disavow the people who do adhere to the harsh ones.

Much like you may have moderate/liberal Christians who support LGBT rights by quoting the "love everyone, touchy, feely" passages of the bible (and ignoring the ones that say some pretty harsh things about homosexuality), you have moderate/liberal Muslims who only focus on the equality & peace centric passages, and ignore the other ones that talk about how you chop off fingers one at a time to force a conversion to Islam by a non-believer.

• Informative
Reactions: Rubiks
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Jewish and Muslim unite.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/us/muslim-jewish-alliance-after-trump.html?_r=0
Muslim, Jewish women unite to donate food to students

Jewish, Muslim, and Christian unite.
Chicago Fun Volunteers

It's interesting that many times it is women who are the ones to do the hard beginning work of breaking down barriers and finding common ground.

i've seen this. What specifically are they "threatened" about?

It seems to be a political ploy and disingenuous.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Whatever they fear is not related to this OP, therefore I won't engage in that part of the article. The point is that they can come together to overcome challenges of all kinds. Whether it is fear of something, feeding the hungry, etc.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Whatever they fear is not related to this OP, therefore I won't engage in that part of the article. The point is that they can come together to overcome challenges of all kinds. Whether it is fear of something, feeding the hungry, etc.

In the meantime, the Kurds (Muslims) are genuinely friends with Jewish people, etc. and have been for generations, and are fighting a "real threat":

ISIS.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As for such [of the unbelievers] as do not fight against you on account of [your] faith, and neither drive you forth from your homelands, God does not forbid you to show them kindness and to behave towards them with full equity: for, verily, God loves those who act equitably. (Quran 60:8)

Can Muslims be friends with Jews and Christians? - IslamiCity
They did it for over a hundred years over here. The main spark that seemed to ignite hatred and violent acts between them was WW2 and a complete failure to save the Jewish people. This lead to Israel's formation and decades of conflict.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the meantime, the Kurds (Muslims) are genuinely friends with Jewish people, etc. and have been for generations, and are fighting a "real threat":

ISIS.
What has that got to do with what I posted about women here working together in common causes?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Many Jews look at someone attacking an entire people as something to be resisted. Trump has stood in front of crowds openly saying that Muslims who are US citizens know what their fellows are doing and aren't acting upon that information. He once called for a complete ban on Muslims entering the country. Yes, he's spent most of the time after that walking it back to something less, but the fact remains that anti-Muslim rhetoric has been prevalent in Trump's speeches since he started running. Many of his followers have gone beyond what he said to even more dangerous talk.

As far as Jews, this man stood in front of Jewish Republicans and said they didn't like him because they couldn't buy him and engaged in some stereotypes that are used about Jews. He retweeted an image that was traced back to a white supremacist wanting to make a connection between Hillary, Jews, and money.

If you want to say that Jews are a bit jittery over these things, fine, but 1/3 of our people were wiped out less than 100 years ago. Better to oppose anything that even sniffs of it than sit back and "give it a chance".

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Many Jews look at someone attacking an entire people as something to be resisted. Trump has stood in front of crowds openly saying that Muslims who are US citizens know what their fellows are doing and aren't acting upon that information. He once called for a complete ban on Muslims entering the country. Yes, he's spent most of the time after that walking it back to something less, but the fact remains that anti-Muslim rhetoric has been prevalent in Trump's speeches since he started running. Many of his followers have gone beyond what he said to even more dangerous talk.

As far as Jews, this man stood in front of Jewish Republicans and said they didn't like him because they couldn't buy him and engaged in some stereotypes that are used about Jews. He retweeted an image that was traced back to a white supremacist wanting to make a connection between Hillary, Jews, and money.

If you want to say that Jews are a bit jittery over these things, fine, but 1/3 of our people were wiped out less than 100 years ago. Better to oppose anything that even sniffs of it than sit back and "give it a chance".

See posts #2, #5, and #7.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It depends on which text the person is adhering to...

The Quran, much like many other holy books, has a wide spectrum of recommendations...from reasonable "be nice to people, don't steal, etc..." all the way up to "this kind of person is evil and deserves harsh treatment" (and recommends treatment that most of the civilized world would view as barbaric)

There are people in all faiths who adhere to the milder recommendations, and simply ignore the harsh ones, and attempt to disavow the people who do adhere to the harsh ones.

Much like you may have moderate/liberal Christians who support LGBT rights by quoting the "love everyone, touchy, feely" passages of the bible (and ignoring the ones that say some pretty harsh things about homosexuality), you have moderate/liberal Muslims who only focus on the equality & peace centric passages, and ignore the other ones that talk about how you chop off fingers one at a time to force a conversion to Islam by a non-believer.
This is helpful. Only as a Christian the more we follow the Bible the less inclined we are to violence. For Muslims I think a lot of them are peace loving Muslims because of the consequences. They perhaps fear the law more than Christians do.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He once called for a complete ban on Muslims entering the country.
Trump wants a ban on Terrorism. The problem is that they do not have a way to sort people out. Hillary and Obama made a real mess out of the Middle East and now Trump is going to go in and straighten it out. Obama's exact words are: "That was not on my intelligence radar screen". He claims he simply did not see it coming. Just like he did not think that Trump was going to win the election. Yet as Christians we often KNOW the future. On election day at 7 pm I invested in Trump and two hours later at 9 pm I had tripled my money. People believed the lie to the point where they invested heavy in Hillary only to lose their money.

ISIS rise surprised Obama - CNNPolitics.com

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whether it is fear of something, feeding the hungry, etc.
The Bible is very clear on HOW to feed the hungry. You turn the sword into a plow shear. You use your resources to provide for the needs of the people not for weapons of mass destruction. Also we are told "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain," and "The worker deserves his wages." 1 Timothy 5:18. The solders that protect the resources are entitled to compensation. For example their full medical should be provided for them. Then the money should be used for the care of the people. Food, shelter and so on. We need to rebuild the homes of the people that were made homeless by the wars that have been raging in the middle east. We need to take care of the needs of the refugees.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Trump wants a ban on Terrorism. The problem is that they do not have a way to sort people out. Hillary and Obama made a real mess out of the Middle East and now Trump is going to go in and straighten it out. Obama's exact words are: "That was not on my intelligence radar screen". He claims he simply did not see it coming. Just like he did not think that Trump was going to win the election. Yet as Christians we often KNOW the future. On election day at 7 pm I invested in Trump and two hours later at 9 pm I had tripled my money. People believed the lie to the point where they invested heavy in Hillary only to lose their money.

ISIS rise surprised Obama - CNNPolitics.com

I'm not even considering this an attack on Trump. If after thousands of years of fighting, people think Donald Trump will fix the Middle East are fooling themselves. I don't think any American President is going to fix it.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour