Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I got saved after asking God to help me. He sent me to a weekend retreat and i was filled with the HS. I was a drug addict for 12 years. Instead of getting discipline at a christian rehab i went home to the house i inherited. I still had $45000 out of $108000 i inherited. There was a demon in my house. I was happy at first that i was saved... then i went back to crack, masturbation and sex. I fell for a damnable heresy thinking speaking in tongues was demonic. I thought i blasphemed the HS. I went to the psych ward. I was freaking out. All of a sudden i felt peace (i was in the middle of freaking out) the HS said "all i had to do was follow Gods simple plan of salvation". My question is am I damned? Ive felt condemned for a year. Im at the point where im ready to leave everything and live at a christian place that helps addicts... but i know it wouldn't matter if i lost the HS. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As you may know, believing in God, and even talking to Him is not salvation. It sounds like Satan is really attacking you. Have you confessed your sinful nature, and received the Lord Jesus into your heart (note 1 Jn. 5:10-12 and read all of the Gospel by John). We all need to be reading the Bible daily, not just trying to be religious.

When one makes the Lord Jesus their Savior and Lord of their life they will be devoted to Him, walking and talking with Him, and they will find they have a new spirit and are at peace. Make the Lord Jesus your best Friend, my friend. You will then find real peace and joy in knowing Him personally by the indwelling Holy Spirit. Let me know how things go.

Upvote 0

Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I feel like I lost the Holy Spirit. Im trying to battle through this and be positive. I plan on praying all night. I should have taken eternity seriously. I feel like i chose my possessions over discipleship. I got a strange feeling that Jesus is coming back soon and im scared. Nothing matters but Jesus. I haven't prayed in a year. Im giving my life and everything to Him and hope he has mercy on my soul. Ive been stealing, doing drugs again and lying. That stuff stops tonight. Jesus is precious. I want to have eternal life and be with my family. I lived a real sinful life. I hope i didnt lose the Holy Spirit. I see how evil this world is. God Bless

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I got saved after asking God to help me. He sent me to a weekend retreat and i was filled with the HS. I was a drug addict for 12 years. Instead of getting discipline at a christian rehab i went home to the house i inherited. I still had $45000 out of $108000 i inherited. There was a demon in my house. I was happy at first that i was saved... then i went back to crack, masturbation and sex. I fell for a damnable heresy thinking speaking in tongues was demonic. I thought i blasphemed the HS. I went to the psych ward. I was freaking out. All of a sudden i felt peace (i was in the middle of freaking out) the HS said "all i had to do was follow Gods simple plan of salvation". My question is am I damned? Ive felt condemned for a year. Im at the point where im ready to leave everything and live at a christian place that helps addicts... but i know it wouldn't matter if i lost the HS. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

You can always repent along with all of the other people who have done worse things than you have.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Adam113: You have addiction to drugs, that be the demon in your life, an from the sound of things you need help with this addiction of yours. I do hope you be ready to get help and do that ASAP!
You have abused drugs for 12 years and your body be craving them drugs....that's the consequences of using drugs for so long, drugs really gets into your system and changes things and not for good either. I witnessed many years of having an older brother addicted to drugs, it really damaged him and it took decades before he sought help for his addiction. At his lowest point he was selling himself for drugs, he didn't really care who he hurt, stole from, lied to etc...he caused a lot of damage to himself, his siblings, his marriages and to his children etc. There be nothing he would do or say to get drugs.

I strongly advise that you get into Teen Challenge...https://www.teenchallengeusa.com/
Salvation uncertain? http://www.godlife.com/en/gospel?v=14696739159052314

Upvote 0

Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Adam113: You have addiction to drugs, that be the demon in your life, an from the sound of things you need help with this addiction of yours. I do hope you be ready to get help and do that ASAP!
You have abused drugs for 12 years and your body be craving them drugs....that's the consequences of using drugs for so long, drugs really gets into your system and changes things and not for good either. I witnessed many years of having an older brother addicted to drugs, it really damaged him and it took decades before he sought help for his addiction. At his lowest point he was selling himself for drugs, he didn't really care who he hurt, stole from, lied to etc...he caused a lot of damage to himself, his siblings, his marriages and to his children etc. There be nothing he would do or say to get drugs.

I strongly advise that you get into Teen Challenge...https://www.teenchallengeusa.com/
Salvation uncertain? http://www.godlife.com/en/gospel?v=14696739159052314
I went to teen challenge. I was clean for a year and a half but recently the terror of thinking about the lake of fire has mad me take a few pills. Nothing crazy. Im thinking about moving to a Christian community to help addicts. I dont want Jesus to say "i never knew you"

Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Adam, slow down and think, Holy Spirit did speak to you. We have a tendency to think the only way to hear Holy Spirit is an audible voice which isn't true so we can very easily miss or dismiss Him. Sometimes it is a voice from inside, it can be an audio voice from the outside, though not very often. It can be just a strong knowing from within that something is right or wrong. He promises to never leave us or forsake us but He does sometimes stay silent for a while if He has told you to do something and your not trying to do it, now if you make an honest move toward obeying and ask for help He will help you obey, again though, dont limit Him by how you think He is going to speek or act in your situation, He may have to do something you think is unreasonable or that it couldnt be him, just keep seeking Him for help. Also remember the Word says that whatever we ask the FATHER in the name of Jesus that Jesus will do it that the FATHER may be glorified.You are probably definitely going to need some outside help to get through your addictions especially since you had 12 years of drugs. You may honestly think you want to stop lying stealing tonight but you probably will struggle with that too but you can be an overcomer in Christ. We as Christians have to fight against what our flesh wants to do, the flesh is not saved our spirit man is saved, changed into a new man with no sin but the body wants what it wants and in your case, especially drugs. We also have to careful of demons and demons are connected with drugs. I take it since you mentioned Holy Spirit alot that you pray in tongues, I hope. Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth. He is sent to us to comfort us, He guides to all truth, He gives us the Words Jesus has for us, He also reminds us of the Word of God that we have in us, thats why you must study to get the Word in you to give Holy Spirit something to work with.

My question is am I damned? Ive felt condemned for a year. Im at the point where im ready to leave everything and live at a christian place that helps addicts

Adam, you are not damned, the devil is the one tormenting you and telling you that you are condemned. If you feel convicted to change something thats a sin in your life then thats Father but if you are weighted down with condemnation, thats the devil. Do like Jesus did and fight back using the Word of God. If the devil tries telling you that you have done too many wrong things to be accepted by God, tell him he is a liar that Jesus carried all your sins from past, present and future on the cross and made you righteous and you are a blood bought son of the Living God. You may have a fight ahead of you but you can do this. You do need to find a strong Christian mentor to help you at first too. Some may tell you they dont believe in demons but if they say that you better keep looking for a mentor. It is also good to start your studies in the New Testament since its the fulfillment of the Old but the Old testament study should still come as it is very useful too but you need to read and study our covenant first.
Well Adam, do not give up on God and He will not give up on you. May Holy Spirit redeem the time for you, may God reveal Himself to you, may you have angels around you to protect you from all sides. God bless Adam

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Read Ephesians chapter 2 also

Upvote 0

Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Adam, slow down and think, Holy Spirit did speak to you. We have a tendency to think the only way to hear Holy Spirit is an audible voice which isn't true so we can very easily miss or dismiss Him. Sometimes it is a voice from inside, it can be an audio voice from the outside, though not very often. It can be just a strong knowing from within that something is right or wrong. He promises to never leave us or forsake us but He does sometimes stay silent for a while if He has told you to do something and your not trying to do it, now if you make an honest move toward obeying and ask for help He will help you obey, again though, dont limit Him by how you think He is going to speek or act in your situation, He may have to do something you think is unreasonable or that it couldnt be him, just keep seeking Him for help. Also remember the Word says that whatever we ask the FATHER in the name of Jesus that Jesus will do it that the FATHER may be glorified.You are probably definitely going to need some outside help to get through your addictions especially since you had 12 years of drugs. You may honestly think you want to stop lying stealing tonight but you probably will struggle with that too but you can be an overcomer in Christ. We as Christians have to fight against what our flesh wants to do, the flesh is not saved our spirit man is saved, changed into a new man with no sin but the body wants what it wants and in your case, especially drugs. We also have to careful of demons and demons are connected with drugs. I take it since you mentioned Holy Spirit alot that you pray in tongues, I hope. Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth. He is sent to us to comfort us, He guides to all truth, He gives us the Words Jesus has for us, He also reminds us of the Word of God that we have in us, thats why you must study to get the Word in you to give Holy Spirit something to work with.

Adam, you are not damned, the devil is the one tormenting you and telling you that you are condemned. If you feel convicted to change something thats a sin in your life then thats Father but if you are weighted down with condemnation, thats the devil. Do like Jesus did and fight back using the Word of God. If the devil tries telling you that you have done too many wrong things to be accepted by God, tell him he is a liar that Jesus carried all your sins from past, present and future on the cross and made you righteous and you are a blood bought son of the Living God. You may have a fight ahead of you but you can do this. You do need to find a strong Christian mentor to help you at first too. Some may tell you they dont believe in demons but if they say that you better keep looking for a mentor. It is also good to start your studies in the New Testament since its the fulfillment of the Old but the Old testament study should still come as it is very useful too but you need to read and study our covenant first.
Well Adam, do not give up on God and He will not give up on you. May Holy Spirit redeem the time for you, may God reveal Himself to you, may you have angels around you to protect you from all sides. God bless Adam

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Read Ephesians chapter 2 also

Thanks for the reply. After the Holy Spirit told me all i had to do was follow Gods simple plan of salvation i havent felt peace or heard from the HS again. I think I insulted the spirit of grace and mercy... that punishment is worse than never knowing Christ.i needed to go the rehab God sent me too, but i went back to my house as a weak Christian and that demon got me. I really believe the lake of fire is in my future

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Im at the point where im ready to leave everything and live at a christian place that helps addicts... but i know it wouldn't matter if i lost the HS. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

"Blaspheming the Holy Spirit" is not screwing up on tongues.

It is simply, "Is Jesus Christ your Lord and savior?" If so, the Holy Spirit dwells in your heart.

Now, if he is your Lord, you get water baptized in the name of Jesus, and it sounds like you spoke in tongues before, so you have the Holy Ghost baptism.

Water baptism will cut a lot of demons out of your life. Demons that will try to make you live like a lost person. Before being water baptized, you must understand that the old you is died and buried when you go under. The old you would inhabit our thinking and behavior. Or spirit can be reborn, but the old person behavior still exist, and it can have satanic openings to the devil in your life. Water baptism buries that person who operated in the devil, so you can be the free you that God puts in you.

The reason that peace came over you, is because you still have God speaking to you. God just wants you to follow the basics of our salvation package and trust him:

- Jesus is Lord! Romans 10:9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.
- Water Baptism Romans 6:3 Or have you forgotten that when we were joined with Christ Jesus in baptism, we joined him in his death? Romans 6:4 For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.
- Communion Mark 14:22-24 And as they were eating, he took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to them, and said, “Take; this is my body.” And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, and they all drank of it. And he said to them, “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.

John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

- Baptism of the Holy Spirit Acts 19:6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.

And all this is great, because God is not expecting you to depend upon yourself to see deliverance, he wants to provide it to you by you trusting him and following his plan for all believers! And in following the plan, there is power from God to redeem us in all areas of our life.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah but you have to finish your life with the HS in you or your done

Just so you understand because I wish good things for you. I'm not trying to debate or anything.

Sometimes we can feel the Holy Spirit, but other times we don't. So if Christ is our Lord and we follow Jesus as outlined in the Bible, if we follow him in truth and spirit, we have the Holy Spirit. And people have screwed up following him in certain areas, but even so, that we follow him, and bear the fruit that the Bible outlines, demonstrates we have the Holy Spirit which we do not always feel or see.

So you can't follow Christ truly, but be utterly missing the Holy Spirit. Because the Holy Spirit is available always. And if you have been following Christ, then you have the Holy Spirit to some degree. The Holy Spirit may not feel as strong as he used to, and you may be ignorant he is there at times, but it doesn't mean he is not there.

So that you came here, asking questions about salvation, and repentance, shows you are led by the Holy Spirit. A child of God asks these questions, not lost people.

Upvote 0

Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just so you understand because I wish good things for you. I'm not trying to debate or anything.

Sometimes we can feel the Holy Spirit, but other times we don't. So if Christ is our Lord and we follow Jesus as outlined in the Bible, if we follow him in truth and spirit, we have the Holy Spirit. And people have screwed up following him in certain areas, but even so, that we follow him, and bear the fruit that the Bible outlines, demonstrates we have the Holy Spirit which we do not always feel or see.

So you can't follow Christ truly, but be utterly missing the Holy Spirit. Because the Holy Spirit is available always. And if you have been following Christ, then you have the Holy Spirit to some degree. The Holy Spirit may not feel as strong as he used to, and you may be ignorant he is there at times, but it doesn't mean he is not there.

So that you came here, asking questions about salvation, and repentance, shows you are led by the Holy Spirit. A child of God asks these questions, not lost people.

Im so terrified that I chose possessions over discipleship and worry it cost me eternity. I never had fear of the Lord but now that I do my eyes are open.

Upvote 0

Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ive also never spoke in tongues. I went up to the front of church to be be baptized in the spirit so i can speak in tongues and the HS didnt come in to me. I also called any bible that wasnt King James demonic and I called the Catholic Church demonic. I took a long time to be water baptized after being saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

newlightseven

In the confessional
Site Supporter
May 21, 2016
North Carolina
Visit site
✟46,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Yes you can repent, you are not damned. Satan wants you to think that though. You don't have to speak in tongues to be saved. There are many gifts. God doesn't hold you accountable for things that you are ignorant of. Just confess your sins and ask Jesus to enter into your heart and confess him as lord and you will be restored.

Upvote 0

Gregory Mallett

Jul 27, 2016
Saskatchewan
✟7,986.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Hey man, It sounds like you really desire God and wish him to be a part of your life. One thing to remember is that if we've recognised our sin and turned our face to God, as you've done, our sin means nothing to God. The fact we want Him a part of our lives is far more important. The first thing you need to do is go to confession and re-start a constant prayer life. Dude, I've been addicted to inappropriate content and still am and I can tell you this, you will never get out of any sort of vice without a constant prayer life. It's completely impossible. You then need to get help externally from other Christians at something like a rehab centre.

I will add you to my prayer list, brother. Never lose hope in the battle and remember, if you don't find God right away, keep looking. Even if it takes you your whole life, never stop looking, because a life lived in pursuit of God is the only life worth living.

God bless you!

Upvote 0

Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey man, It sounds like you really desire God and wish him to be a part of your life. One thing to remember is that if we've recognised our sin and turned our face to God, as you've done, our sin means nothing to God. The fact we want Him a part of our lives is far more important. The first thing you need to do is go to confession and re-start a constant prayer life. Dude, I've been addicted to inappropriate content and still am and I can tell you this, you will never get out of any sort of vice without a constant prayer life. It's completely impossible. You then need to get help externally from other Christians at something like a rehab centre.

I will add you to my prayer list, brother. Never lose hope in the battle and remember, if you don't find God right away, keep looking. Even if it takes you your whole life, never stop looking, because a life lived in pursuit of God is the only life worth living.

God bless you!
Thanks. I feel like I quenched and blasphemed the Holy Spirit though. This is going to be a tough battle

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its never to late to repent and ask God to forgive you. Remember Jesus died on the cross and then rose again to set you free, keep believing. You still alive and breathing, so, obviously its not too late. He is Lord, and we can pray for you.

Stick with Him and dont look back. If you in a bad place, turn around and come back to the Lord. He is waiting for you. Remember the prodigal son story.

In practical terms dont go back to your old ways and old haunts where temptation lies. Jesus will help you if you just keep following Him. Satan tried to trick you into going back, well hes not gonna cos you here with us christians. Tell satan to get lost.

Upvote 0

Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Its never to late to repent and ask God to forgive you. Remember Jesus died on the cross and then rose again to set you free, keep believing. You still alive and breathing, so, obviously its not too late. He is Lord, and we can pray for you.

Stick with Him and dont look back. If you in a bad place, turn around and come back to the Lord. He is waiting for you. Remember the prodigal son story.

In practical terms dont go back to your old ways and old haunts where temptation lies. Jesus will help you if you just keep following Him. Satan tried to trick you into going back, well hes not gonna cos you here with us christians. Tell satan to get lost.
Hi, satans goal is to attack new Christians and take them to hell. I feel that happened. I dont have any fruits of the spirit. Im miserable :(

Upvote 0