Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It makes sense for a person of no visible Christian faith or understanding of Christianity to identify himself as a good person with no correlation to God. The characteristic or charism of being good defines what the person genuinely believes is the correct mode of living. There are many reasons why a person would affirm the virtue of goodness apart from God, from being raised in a community where Christianity was either not considered important or did not exist entirely, which is possible now more than ever. Or, the notion of embracing any form of religion was considered anathema just because it represented a God the person disagreed with.

Whatever the case, the Divine construct of who God is as alpha and omega, Lord and King revealed through His Son Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, has been replaced with social constructs that rely on personal interpretation of conscience and goodness rather than the exercise of objective truth. I must admit that the freedom to define my own personal conscience without the strangulation of set rules-Ten Commandments, or laws-natural and moral is appealing. If I follow this logic, a good act can be defined as anything that fosters my personal fulfillment, regardless of whether it involves another person. And if this is the case, a good person has no need to be associated with God altogether.

A Fading Identity

Continued below.