Can a Freemason be a member of the Church of Christ?

2win

Dec 11, 2008
✟64,388.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
I am Baptist; and I know that there are Baptist churches that you can't be a member of while also being a Freemason; while other Baptist churches xo ex Dpt Freemasons as members. I am in hopes that there is someone here on the Baptist forums that has that information on the Church of Christ. I apreciate any information.

Gozreht

Jun 25, 2011
USA
Visit site
✟1,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am from it. They of course can "join" the C of C. But I think it is wrong to belong to the group. I think it is a satanic cult disguised as humanitarians, i.e., Shriner Center. But if you are asking do we let "them" in, then the answer is we let all people in and let God deal with their heart. They are not two groups that are connected by the hip. Does that help any?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am Baptist; and I know that there are Baptist churches that you can't be a member of while also being a Freemason; while other Baptist churches xo ex Dpt Freemasons as members. I am in hopes that there is someone here on the Baptist forums that has that information on the Church of Christ. I apreciate any information.
Insomuch as the Masons basically deny the full authority of the Bible, but make it a "greater text among many", and do not recognize the "Redeemer, long expected," to have come yet, it would be difficult for Freemasons to be members of any Christ-preaching church. According to Masonic authors Mackey and McClenachan:
"The Bible is properly called a greater light of Masonry, for from the center of the Lodge it pours forth upon the East, the West, and the South its refulgent rays of Divine truth. The Bible is used among Masons as a symbol of the will of God, however it may be expressed. And, therefore,whatever to any people expresses that will may be used as a substitute for the Bible in a Masonic Lodge. Thus, in a Lodge consisting entirely of Jews, the Old Testament alone may be placed upon the altar, and Turkish Masons make use of the Koran. Whether it be the gospels to the Christian, the Pentateuch to the Israelite, the Koran to the Mussulman, or the Vedas to the Brahman, it everywhere Masonically conveys the same idea--that of the symbolism of the Divine Will revealed to man" (Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, Vol. 1, p. 104).
Further, I have found that the Jesus is deliberately omitted from the Masonic doctrinal system. He is not recognized as God incarnate and Savior of the world. For example, the status given to the Lord Jesus Christ by Masonic author Albert Pike:
"And as little do we tell the sincere Christian that Jesus of Nazareth was but a man like us, or His history but the unreal revival of an older legend." (Morals and Dogma, p. 524).
This illustration Pike uses presents the denial of the Deity of the Lord Jesus, places Him on the same status as any man, and calls Him a legend! Pike continues:
"Nor is it within its province to determine how the ultimate triumph of Light and Truth and Good, over Darkness and Error and Evil, is to be achieved; nor whether the Redeemer, looked and longed for by all nations, hath appeared in Judea, or is yet to come." (Morals and Dogma, p. 525).
I ask you, has the Lord Jesus, the Savior and Redeemer, by His death on the cross and resurrection from the tomb, come already? The Bible clearly and authoritatively teaches that He did. But not necessarily, according to Pike or the Masonic Lodges of the world. And these are just a few of the problems the Masonic creeds have in examination of their organization as it relates and attempts to proclaim Christ.

In fairness, many church members are not actually Christians, and many don't know it. But when one comes to church wearing the label "Freemason", he pretty much is at odds with the doctrines of Christianity before he even hears a sermon or tithes in an offering plate.

Upvote 0

2win

Dec 11, 2008
✟64,388.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
I thank all of you who have posted on this thread; and especially you WBS for your post; that is what I was looking for; someone to post some information on Freemasonry. I do have some knowlege of that organization. I am not, and never have been a Freemason, but I have had some very bad experiences with them. I have a very hard time seeing how anyone can align Freemasons with Christianity; if they know what Freemasons are about, and what is required to be a Christian. I know they do some good things through the Schriners organization; but then so does the Mormon church; and some other organizations. However; to call someone brother, or sister who does not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way(Jn.14:6) to God I have a big problem with. To believe that there are many ways to God just flat out calls Jesus Christ a liar.
PS Forgive my typing; especially the opening post; I did it from my Droid cellphone, and it has a mind of it's own.

Upvote 0

cemab4y

cemab4y
Jan 14, 2008
Alexandria VA
Visit site
✟15,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

There are no Baptist Churches which forbid Freemasonry.

There are Church of Christ members, who are also Freemasons. No restriction at all.

Upvote 0

pilgrim42

Oct 2, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
✟8,036.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I don't know about the Church of Christ, but it's not a problem in the Southern Baptist Church. I read some where that about 55% of the members of American Freemasonry are Baptists. Many pastors and deacons are members of the Lodge.

Ken :crossrc:

Upvote 0

pilgrim42

Oct 2, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
✟8,036.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People love to quote Albert Pike. It is too bad that they usually take his words out of context. Albert Pike was a Trinitarian Christian and never degraded Christianity. He sometimes comparies Christianity to the pagan religions, but never puts it down. In many sections of Morals and Dogma he glorifies Christ and the Church.
I'm not sure what the Masonic Doctrinal System is. They don't have a set of theological doctrines. There is no clergy, no Holy Book of their own, and no theology. Some Christians criticize Freemasonry because it isn't a Christian organization. Well, that isn't the purpose of the organization. While not being a religion it used to look at itself as "The handmaiden of the church".
I'm not going to argue about it, or for it. If you have preconceived notions about the Lodge then no one is going to convince you of it's goodness,

Ken

Upvote 0

2win

Dec 11, 2008
✟64,388.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
There have been some good information posted on this thread; but then the brother, or sister who thinks there is no Baptist churches that reject membership of a Freemason in their church is wrong. I personally know of a Baptist denomination that rejected ts membership as long as you are a member of Freemasons. Therefore Primitive Baptist that I know is one.

Upvote 0

hendricks62

Mar 28, 2012
✟15,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I believe you will be able to join, but there might be some issues with some of the congregation accepting you right away. Just prove to them that you are a good person and share their beliefs and you will fit right in in no time :D I had a similar experience when joining an Apostolic Church after being a member of a Pentecostal Church

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟752,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status