1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please help us test our new CF PrayPal app available right now in the Google Play store for Android devices. The iPhone app should be available within the next few days. If you would be so kind to also add a review for it that would be great! Thanks!

Just Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Call to Prayer and Solidarity: Pastor Rick Warrens' Son Has Died From Suicide

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Continued- Call to Prayer and Solidarity: Pastor Rick Warrens' Son Has Died From Suicide - U.s. - Catholic Online:crossrc:

2. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Prayers for the Warrens.

I have always liked Warren's practical spirituality (reminded me of some rabbis I've known). He did a great job relating faith to life.

I've attended Celebrate Recovery (a program started by Saddleback Church) to deal with co-dependency for about a year. (This is a program for all sorts of "hurts, hang-ups, and addictions" that relates the eight principles--the Beatitudes--to the twelve steps.) I too have a child who struggles with emotional problems.

After a suicide I think that those closest to the deceased often deal with harrowing guilt. The Warrens' transparency will help to reassure them that yes, you can do everything right and still not fix the pain that drove your loved one to such desperate measures. It's not your fault.

3. benedictaoo

benedictaoo Legend

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Mental illness and addiction which go hand and hand IMO, is truly an epidemic that it killing us off. It isn't guns people. Its illness and drugs. I feel bad for him.

4. Michie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    The mysterious joy of Rick Warren's son...

I know very little about Pastor Rick Warren, and nothing at all about his son, Matthew. Since I learned of Matthew’s suicide last night, however, I have thought of little else. When this kind of high-profile act of self-destruction happens, we pretend to search for answers for a time.

5. Michie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    The mysterious joy of Rick Warren's son...

I know very little about Pastor Rick Warren, and nothing at all about his son, Matthew. Since I learned of MatthewÂ’s suicide last night, however, I have thought of little else. When this kind of high-profile act of self-destruction happens, we pretend to search for answers for a time.

6. Winter

Winter Jesus, let it be ok

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I was sorry to hear this. Prayers for the Warrens.

7. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I've always liked Pastor Rick Warren.

I like his tolerance of people of all faiths, which is rare with many evangelists.

I pray for Pastor Warren and his family. :prayer:

It must be a tough time for them.

Jim

8. JoyToTheWhirled

JoyToTheWhirled Going where I'm led Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    tremendously sad. Mental illness is no respecter of persons.