Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We ask our readers around the globe to stand in solidarity with the pastor, his wife Kay and their entire family, during this time of deep loss and sorrow

Pastor Warren has always been a friend to Catholic Christians. He has repeatedly demonstrated his love and respect for the whole Christian community. During his time of need we all should offer him - and his family - our respect, fraternal love, solidarity in living faith and heartfelt prayer. It is to Jesus Christ that we entrust Matthew Warren and his family, trusting in the Mercy of God. We ask our readers around the globe to stand in solidarity with the pastor, his wife Kay and their entire family, during this time of deep loss and sorrow

Continued- Call to Prayer and Solidarity: Pastor Rick Warrens' Son Has Died From Suicide - U.s. - Catholic Online:crossrc:

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Prayers for the Warrens.

I have always liked Warren's practical spirituality (reminded me of some rabbis I've known). He did a great job relating faith to life.

I've attended Celebrate Recovery (a program started by Saddleback Church) to deal with co-dependency for about a year. (This is a program for all sorts of "hurts, hang-ups, and addictions" that relates the eight principles--the Beatitudes--to the twelve steps.) I too have a child who struggles with emotional problems.

After a suicide I think that those closest to the deceased often deal with harrowing guilt. The Warrens' transparency will help to reassure them that yes, you can do everything right and still not fix the pain that drove your loved one to such desperate measures. It's not your fault.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The mysterious joy of Rick Warren's son...

I know very little about Pastor Rick Warren, and nothing at all about his son, Matthew. Since I learned of Matthew’s suicide last night, however, I have thought of little else. When this kind of high-profile act of self-destruction happens, we pretend to search for answers for a time.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The mysterious joy of Rick Warren's son...

I know very little about Pastor Rick Warren, and nothing at all about his son, Matthew. Since I learned of Matthew’s suicide last night, however, I have thought of little else. When this kind of high-profile act of self-destruction happens, we pretend to search for answers for a time.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've always liked Pastor Rick Warren.

I like his tolerance of people of all faiths, which is rare with many evangelists.

I pray for Pastor Warren and his family. :prayer:

It must be a tough time for them.

Jim

Upvote 0