Not open for further replies.

Mark2010

Nov 9, 2005
✟6,262.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Being a Californian and a person who is having to live under this new situation I must say that I am apalled at the idea of being one of the first states which will lead our nation down this moral abyss.

Well, California has ben leading America into the moral abyss for well near half a century now. So, that's hardly anything new!!:wave:

Putting my personal feelings and beliefs aside and looking at the matter objectively, however, I find it hard to justify denying certain rights to one person that are given to another based soley on gender. In other words, if you allow for a spouse to be covered under a company health insurance plan, you shouldn't deny that same coverage to a same-sex partner.

Fair is fair, whether we condone a person's lifestyle or not.

Upvote 0

Nurbz

Apr 6, 2007
✟8,607.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If you try to enforce biblical law with government, its unconstitutional and illegal. If you say its not biblically based then you're discriminating and again, thats illegal to do through government. We will have to learn this is a democratic and free society and thankfully not a theocracy. The gays scare me less than Falwell and Robertson.

And really.. 'moral abyss'? Pfft. Canada still is fine with their equal rights marraige and they aren't taking their bibles away.

Attachments

• gaymarr2.jpg
    gaymarr2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 0

prayergal

Instrument of Peace
Sep 29, 2007
Central Valley in California
✟8,977.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, California has ben leading America into the moral abyss for well near half a century now. So, that's hardly anything new!!:wave:quote]

You have been aware of this for this long an it doesn't bother you? You have accepted that this situation goes on? I live here and I cannot abide the fact. We as Chrisitans are to be salt and light. We are to take authority in the spiritual realm. And that comment about our naton not being a theocracy? Hmmm. We as Christians serve God who gave us His Word. He set the standards of right and wrong. If we are accepting the ungodliness. . . I'm not getting it. Who ultimately rules and reigns in heaven and earth? Is it not God? Don't we as Christians have a responsibility to uphold His standards? What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Does it not trouble you that our nation is so rapidly going this direction? If California is leading the nation in immorality then maybe it would be good for the rest of the nation to pray for our state that our nation might turn from its wickedness and we might be restored. It grieves me that this is so easily accepted.

Upvote 0

GrapeGirl

Freakin' ray of sunshyne
May 7, 2008
Nacogdoches, TX
✟17,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't agree that marriage is a 'religious' event because religion isn't a requirement to be married. However, the other things you mention are religious events. I don't really see the connection you're trying to make.

At it's core, this is not really about gay marriage. It's just another example of normalizing sin. When sin is the norm, then only the 'freaks' will live righteously.

What's wrong with being a freak????? :confused::confused::confused:

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,640.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good post . For those that look at this as a fight for normal family ideals , why are christians more concerned about homosexuals who by-and-large are *not* christians while ignoring the fact that so many of you christians are adulterers ? Compared to homosexual threads , this is not discussed at all . Perhaps , it is much easier to address something that you *think* is not a problem in your own groups in while ignoring something that you can be reasonably sure *is* in some amount or another .

Yes. Even in the bible the sin of homosexuality is mentioned four or five times, while hypocrisy, idolatry, adultery are mentioned many more times! Hundreds of times in fact.

I dont know about the USA but in Scotland 0.3% of the population are homosexual, whereas a much higher percentage of the population are hypocrites.

In a secular country homosexual people are citizens and have legal rights. Thats the law of the land. If we discriminate or persecute against them why would others not have the right to persecute other minorities like us Christians?

I think as Christians we should be kind, generous and people of integrity so that others will see Christ in us and be attracted to the light, we should reflect the glory of God. Dont persecute anyone but show them a more excellent way by our character and actions.

However, when we say one thing and do another people are put off the gospel. When we ramble on about homosexuality as a sin and merrily commit other sins.............

:sorry:

Reactions: GrapeGirl
Upvote 0

Nurbz

Apr 6, 2007
✟8,607.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ok, lets think about this in a different manner:
-the bible doen't discuss gay marraige it mentions the sexual act
-however, pre-marital sex is a no-no too
-homosexual sex falls under the pre-marital sex guidelines

But neither sexual act is illegal because theres no way modern people would make it against the law, so we are punishing homosexuals by preventing them from getting equal marraige rights, though pre-marital sex is not punished in a way, if you want to be consistant, you'd have to make it illegal for anyone thats had sex before marraige to get married, gay and straight included.

But wait! we're pick and choosing what biblical doctrine to follow! What about the 10 commandments? should it be illegal to worship anyone but the christian God? should it be illegal for a child to disobey their parents? should all biblical doctrine be put into law? We'd be having endless debates over proper punishment for a couple that would be living together before they got married

Though now we're back to our democratic society, do non-believers have the right to follow their own path without the government imposing beliefs they don't follw on them?
what if the Jewish faith becomes the majority in the future? would you accept them making the eating of pork illegal? :D

everyone needs persective, and you can't just pick and choose what things make you go 'icky' and make them illegal. Otherwise we'd end up living in an opressive cultre like the one Jesus spoke against. Either we all drink from the same fountain or we don't

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, lets think about this in a different manner:
-the bible doen't discuss gay marraige it mentions the sexual act
-however, pre-marital sex is a no-no too
-homosexual sex falls under the pre-marital sex guidelines

But neither sexual act is illegal because theres no way modern people would make it against the law, so we are punishing homosexuals by preventing them from getting equal marraige rights, though pre-marital sex is not punished in a way, if you want to be consistant, you'd have to make it illegal for anyone thats had sex before marraige to get married, gay and straight included.

But wait! we're pick and choosing what biblical doctrine to follow! What about the 10 commandments? should it be illegal to worship anyone but the christian God? should it be illegal for a child to disobey their parents? should all biblical doctrine be put into law? We'd be having endless debates over proper punishment for a couple that would be living together before they got married

Though now we're back to our democratic society, do non-believers have the right to follow their own path without the government imposing beliefs they don't follw on them? what if the Jewish faith becomes the majority in the future? would you accept them making the eating of pork illegal? :D

everyone needs persective, and you can't just pick and choose what things make you go 'icky' and make them illegal. Otherwise we'd end up living in an opressive cultre like the one Jesus spoke against. Either we all drink from the same fountain or we don't

So just accept whatever may come without resistance?

Upvote 0

Nurbz

Apr 6, 2007
✟8,607.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So just accept whatever may come without resistance?

They aren't taking away anything from you, so you have to deal with the fact they have different beliefs, and theology is unconstitutional to enforce through government. They already have sex, marraige rights are just for a tax cut and a peice of paper.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They aren't taking away anything from you, so you have to deal with the fact they have different beliefs, and theology is unconstitutional to enforce through government. They already have sex, marraige rights are just for a tax cut and a peice of paper.

You may choose to accept what you choose to accept of course.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nurbz

Apr 6, 2007
✟8,607.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You may choose to accept what you choose to accept of course.

and decide wether we want a theocracy or democracy. In democracies everyone has the same rights regardless of beliefs, color, orientation, country of origin or opinion. would you be ok with a law that makes pre-marital sex illegal? That is in the bible and one of the most important teachings, and it would cover all sexual sins.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and decide wether we want a theocracy or democracy. In democracies everyone has the same rights regardless of beliefs, color, orientation, country of origin or opinion. would you be ok with a law that makes pre-marital sex illegal? That is in the bible and one of the most important teachings, and it would cover all sexual sins.

We've come this far without gay marriage and we've hardly been a theocracy.

Gay marriage is unacceptable by God, therefore I oppose it. You are free to choose your own side and justify your position however you see fit. I've made my choice.

Upvote 0

Nurbz

Apr 6, 2007
✟8,607.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We've come this far without gay marriage and we've hardly been a theocracy.

Gay marriage is unacceptable by God, therefore I oppose it. You are free to choose your own side and justify your position however you see fit. I've made my choice.

Gay marraige is never mentioned in the bible, the sexual act is but true, I can't change your position perhaps, and you're very much in the right about the SEXUAL ACT being against Christ's teachings, but your position would be illegal to be enforced through government because of the foresight of the founding fathers.

however, would you agree with a proposed bill that would outlaw marraige to homosexuals, people who've had premarital sex, adulterers, and divorcees? I'm just trying to gague if you just want to target gays or all people that have commited biblicaly based sexual sins if the opportunity arose.

Upvote 0
T

The Weaker Brother

Well, California has ben leading America into the moral abyss for well near half a century now. So, that's hardly anything new!!:wave:

Putting my personal feelings and beliefs aside and looking at the matter objectively, however, I find it hard to justify denying certain rights to one person that are given to another based soley on gender. In other words, if you allow for a spouse to be covered under a company health insurance plan, you shouldn't deny that same coverage to a same-sex partner.

Fair is fair, whether we condone a person's lifestyle or not.
is diane fienstien married?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.