Not open for further replies.

Eseven

Feb 28, 2013
✟10,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
C.S. Lewis believed Adam was a fictional character, but if Christ came from Adam then whats that make Christ? And surely Mr Lewis didn't believe in the virgin birth of Christ either. Please take time to listen to this sermon. Thank you.

SermonAudio.com - Media Player

The facts, then, are these: that Jesus professed himself (in some sense) ignorant, and within a moment showed that he really was so.

C.S. Lewis

Eseven

Feb 28, 2013
✟10,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why the smear campaign?

Its not a smear, its the truth. Mr Lewis loved mythology.

...I found Milton, and Yeats, and a book on Celtic mythology, which soon became, if not a rival, yet a humble companion, to Norse. That did me good; to enjoy two mythologies (or three, now that I had begun to love the Greek), fully aware of their differing flavors....
C.S Lewis

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. (myths)

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eseven,
CS Lewis was no theologian. He said so himself, and more than once.
Did you not know that?

He was a thinker, and he was educated, and he wrote excellent fiction which, itself, has led many people to seek to know the LORD.

No one is required to be a theologian to write excellent fiction that can be used to not only entertain those who seek entertainment -and everyone does, in one way or another- but is also used to point others to Christ -to His person and His Work.

Upvote 0

Eseven

Feb 28, 2013
✟10,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Eseven,
Did you not know that?

He was a thinker, and he was educated, and he wrote excellent fiction which, itself, has led many people to seek to know the LORD.

No one is required to be a theologian to write excellent fiction that can be used to not only entertain those who seek entertainment -and everyone does, in one way or another- but is also used to point others to Christ -to His person and His Work.

He was a false teacher, calling him by any other name doesn't change that.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Eseven,
Did you not know that?

Not only that, but it's not right or just to accuse any professing Christian of not believing the literalness of ANYTHING in the Bible merely because he says that SOME of the creation account in Genesis is believable but not necessarily correct in a literal sense.

And that's the case even if one does personally believe in the literal correctness of those chapters.

Upvote 0

Eseven

Feb 28, 2013
✟10,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not only that, but it's not right or just to accuse any professing Christian of not believing the literalness of ANYTHING in the Bible merely because he says that SOME of the creation account in Genesis is believable but not necessarily correct in a literal sense.

And that's the case even if one does personally believe in the literal correctness of those chapters.

The man was quoted repeatedly. You are adding to what i said too, you are recklessly misquoting me.

Upvote 0

Eseven

Feb 28, 2013
✟10,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, you were supposed to do less.

The sermon made one basic point which, whether accurate or not, did not lead to or presume the kinds of accusations you levelled at C. S. Lewis.

If God said we came from Adam, then we came from Adam. Adam was not fictional. Lewis said Jesus showed himself to be ignorant on some things, but its Mr Lewis who showed ignorance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
C.S. Lewis believed Adam was a fictional character, but if Christ came from Adam then whats that make Christ? And surely Mr Lewis didn't believe in the virgin birth of Christ either. Please take time to listen to this sermon. Thank you.

SermonAudio.com - Media Player

C.S. Lewis

I'm curious where you are getting that he didn't believe in the virgin birth of Christ. I'd not read that of him.

As far as his views on allegory in Genesis, he's not the first or last Christian to have their own opinions on what part of Genesis is allegory and what part is not.

Oh, and I don't think he ever even claimed to be a pastor/minister. He was a good author and did a lot for Christian apologetics.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟242,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Eseven,
Did you not know that?

I agree.

Reactions: yeshuasavedme
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟242,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I agree. We've got to be careful to not sin against our neighbor by slandering them. Lord, have mercy.

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It was a sermon that exposed his false teachings. Was i supposed to do more?
What makes you think CS Lewis considered himself a teacher in the sense your using the word teacher?? Funny as I just quoted him in another thread.

Upvote 0

Eseven

Feb 28, 2013
✟10,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm curious where you are getting that he didn't believe in the virgin birth of Christ. I'd not read that of him.

As far as his views on allegory in Genesis, he's not the first or last Christian to have their own opinions on what part of Genesis is allegory and what part is not.

Oh, and I don't think he ever even claimed to be a pastor/minister. He was a good author and did a lot for Christian apologetics.

One doesn't need to call himself teacher in order to teach something. Im betting Mr Lewis thought the virgin birth was an allegory. After all Christ showed ignorance and Adam was a fictional Character, according to Lewis

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If God said we came from Adam, then we came from Adam. Adam was not fictional. Lewis said Jesus showed himself to be ignorant on some things, but its Mr Lewis who showed ignorance.
God said we "are Adam". That is our name as to our kind, which He made male and female [Genesis 5:2], in the beginning, and of one Adam spirit [Malachi 3:15], one Adam bone, one Adam flesh -and all one Adam blood [Acts 17 something].

Upvote 0

Eseven

Feb 28, 2013
✟10,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What makes you think CS Lewis considered himself a teacher in the sense your using the word teacher?? Funny as I just quoted him in another thread.

Are you all hung up on the definition of teach?

teach (tch)
v. taught (tôt), teach·ing, teach·es
v.tr.

2. To provide knowledge of; instruct in:

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2009
East Coast America
✟8,427.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You offer a lot of strawman arguments when someone directly questions your claims and even uses scripture to advise you not to go about accusing people of things you're not sure of. I suggest studying apologetics before making arguments like this, whether your point is valid or not the way you try to defend it is not legitimate debate and only harms whatever cause you're fighting for. Demonizing your opponents is also not a way to win debates, save that for washington dc.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.