Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
GRAPEVINE (Texas), Aug 4: President George W. Bush, following the deadliest roadside bomb attack on US forces in Iraq, said on Wednesday the best way to honour the dead was to fight the insurgents and train Iraqi troops, and he rejected any early US pullout.

“We’re at war. We’re facing an enemy that is ruthless. If we put out a (pullout) timetable, the enemy would adjust their tactics,” he said in a speech in Grapevine, a Dallas suburb. Bush spoke on the first day of a 33-day break from Washington, to be spent mostly on vacation at his Texas ranch, his 51st visit there since taking office in 2001.

Fresh from legislative victories on energy and trade, Bush called on lawmakers to work on his other priorities when they return from an August recess, citing his Supreme Court nominee, John Roberts, immigration legislation and Social Security reform. He said Roberts needed to be confirmed by the Senate before the Supreme Court reconvenes on Oct 3.

http://www.dawn.com/2005/08/05/int4.htm

winglovesall

Apr 26, 2005
✟18,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it's interesting -- I mean, the WAR ON IRAQ was supposed to end ages ago -- wasn't it the 30th of June of 2004 or 2005 (I don't remember) -- I mean, invading other people's territory is not democratic at all -- I think, people in Iraq fear the US government and the domination it has -- I think, it's time to step back and you know -- rebuild its reputation and rebuild its own country.

Upvote 0

SackLunch

Jul 22, 2005
BBQ Heaven: Texas, USA
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's see...who was it who stood on that Naval carrier with a huge banner behind him and pronounced "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED?" That it was the end of major combat operations (this was in May 2003!!)? GIMME A HUGE BREAK!

I parrot this now. Go to your library or video store and pick up a copy of "Fahrenheit 9/11" (hint, it's free for one week at the library).

ALOT more people are opening their eyes to what is REALLY going on here.

Upvote 0