Bush gives 16 billion to Africa: Was it really Necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul12

Dixie-Hater
Jul 10, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,068.00
Faith
Christian
the_malevolent_milk_man said:
Kinda reverse logic there. As we grow, that gives disease more chances to emerge, especially in under developed countries. It's pretty much been a trend thru out human history. Disease is a natural event and it's spread is aided by people living in close proximity to each other in unclean enviroments. Doesn't take an act of god to spread diseases, just human nature.
What I meant was that as soon as we eradicated some of the planet's deadliest diseases (smallpox, to some extent malaria, polio), new ones pop up in their place (AIDS, Ebola, all these weird flu strains in Asia). I'd bet thet house that as soon as we find a cure for these diseases, new, deadlier diseases will pop up that we'll have to deal with.

On that note, I read a while ago and did a paper on a disease from Latin America, Chagas disease, that may be soon hitting our nation's blood supply with a vengence. And there is no cure for it...and once you get it, it almost will certainly lead to death in 10 or so years.

Upvote 0

Michael0701

Harley Ridin' Believer!!
Nov 13, 2002
Tax Free Delaware!!
Visit site
✟8,417.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the_malevolent_milk_man said:
Kinda reverse logic there. As we grow, that gives disease more chances to emerge, especially in under developed countries. It's pretty much been a trend thru out human history. Disease is a natural event and it's spread is aided by people living in close proximity to each other in unclean enviroments. Doesn't take an act of god to spread diseases, just human nature.

Can't argue with that.

But another added cause could be some of the "unnatural" acts man does. If I recall correctly, back in the 70's we were told that syph originated in sheep. Aids was supposedly from monkeys, and so on. I'm sure a big, big part of it is man's encroachment into territory where he is new (the Amazonia comes to mind), but I suspect at least some of it was from bad "behavior". My two cents.

Upvote 0

GiantGerbil

Dec 31, 2003
✟186.00
it makes me shudder when I see 30 posts from people and they all react with this feminine disgust at mention of AFricans 'breeding'. Nevermind the actual content or meaning of what I said, it's all emotional, programed thinking, programmed emotional reactions to ink blotches.
European and western civilization is already doomed I believe when I read the thoughts of Duh-mericans. I don't understand it. It's all the TV programming pounding feminine thought habits into your brains, thrusting impotent messages of fear and submissiveness into your heads. RISE UP AND FIGHT LIKE MEN FOR GOD'S SAKES. DON'T LAY DOWN ON YOUR STOMACHS AND WAIT FOR THE ENEMY.!!

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
GiantGerbil said:
it makes me shudder when I see 30 posts from people and they all react with this feminine disgust at mention of AFricans 'breeding'. Nevermind the actual content or meaning of what I said, it's all emotional, programed thinking, programmed emotional reactions to ink blotches.
European and western civilization is already doomed I believe when I read the thoughts of Duh-mericans. I don't understand it. It's all the TV programming pounding feminine thought habits into your brains, thrusting impotent messages of fear and submissiveness into your heads. RISE UP AND FIGHT LIKE MEN FOR GOD'S SAKES. DON'T LAY DOWN ON YOUR STOMACHS AND WAIT FOR THE ENEMY.!!

Okay if you say so :bow: :bow: ...NOT

Upvote 0

alliedone

Animeone
Feb 6, 2004
✟283.00
Faith
Christian
Well I do agree that just by sending money isn't good. I mean you take a horse to the pond, but you have to teach it to drink. Ok I'm sorry...I shouldn't say something like that. What I mean is that Education is the key to stopping AIDS and things like that, not just in Africa but everywhere. Alot of people [especially in Africa] think that AIDS is just a homosexual disease :scratch:

It's a good thing that Bush sent the money, but what will they do with the money is the key to helping the problems in the african nations [if I'm not mistaken, Egypt and other countries are in Africa, but they didn't get any of that money :idea: ]. What they should do is try and get rid of the corruption in those countries first, then try and help to fix the lands, and things like that. :prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
*sticks tongue out at gerbil* Silly rodent......... :)

My way of thinking about money issues is really quite simple. Until we can dig ourselves out of the big holes that our government likes to plunk us in, maybe we shouldn't be sending money out. That aside, but money doesn't make friends. You can't buy them....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.