Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WASHINGTON - President Bush on Thursday acknowledged publicly for the first time that someone in his administration likely leaked the name of a CIA operative, although he also said he hopes the controversy over his decision to spare prison for a former White House aide has "run its course."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19728346/

I'm personally thankful that our justice system doesn't work this way: admit a "wrong doing," and move on, no action taken. IMO, Bush needs to find out who did it, and keep his promise of firing whoever did it.

Reactions: soblessed53
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Bush said, "and, you know, I've often thought about what would have happened had that person come forth and said, 'I did it.' Would we have had this, you know, endless hours of investigation. ... It's been a tough issue for a lot of people in the White House, and it's -- it's run its course, and now we're going to move on."

pathetic

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
"The president had initially said he would fire anyone in his administration found to have publicly disclosed the identity of Valerie Plame, the wife of former Ambassador Joseph Wilson and a CIA operative."

So this makes lie # (?),for him now? :doh: :mad:

Upvote 0

oldbetang

Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"The president had initially said he would fire anyone in his administration found to have publicly disclosed the identity of Valerie Plame, the wife of former Ambassador Joseph Wilson and a CIA operative."

So this makes lie # (?),for him now? :doh: :mad:

This was no lie on Bush's part. Bush can't fire the leaker, since Richard Armitage no longer works for the administration.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
This was no lie on Bush's part. Bush can't fire the leaker, since Richard Armitage no longer works for the administration.

And how do you know he was the leaker,since no one is allowed to testify? :scratch:

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Well...

technically Bush said if anyone leaked out his office, "they would be taken care of" and true to his word he commuted Libby's sentence, with I'm sure a full pardon is in the mail.

Reactions: k
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well...

technically Bush said if anyone leaked out his office, "they would be taken care of" and true to his word he commuted Libby's sentence, with I'm sure a full pardon is in the mail.
Technically, that's not what he said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Technically, that's not what he said.
~Yawn~

GEORGE W. BUSH, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES:
"Yes. Let me just say something about leaks in Washington. There are too many leaks of classified information in Washington. There's leaks at the executive branch, there's leaks in the legislative branch, there's just too many leaks. I want -- and if there's a leak out of the administration, I want to know who it is. And if a person has violated law, the person will be taken care of."

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
~Yawn~

GEORGE W. BUSH, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES:
"Yes. Let me just say something about leaks in Washington. There are too many leaks of classified information in Washington. There's leaks at the executive branch, there's leaks in the legislative branch, there's just too many leaks. I want -- and if there's a leak out of the administration, I want to know who it is. And if a person has violated law, the person will be taken care of."
Thank you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BUSH: Listen, I know nobody -- I don't know of anybody in my administration who leaked classified information. If somebody did leak classified information, I'd like to know it. And we'll take the appropriate action. And this investigation is a good thing.
Thank you for your correction

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Libby did leak classified information to Judith Miller. :)
Libby resigned. More importantly, once classified information is leaked, it's no longer confidential. Please note that Libby was never charged with leaking classified information

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Libby resigned. More importantly, once classified information is leaked, it's no longer confidential. Please note that Libby was never charged with leaking classified information
Rove leaked and didn't resign. And of course your who robbed the bank first idea is nonsense as Libby, Rove, Armitage, and Fleischer leaked prior to the Novak article. :)

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rove leaked and didn't resign. And of course your who robbed the bank first idea is nonsense as Libby, Rove, Armitage, and Fleischer leaked prior to the Novak article. :)
I guess that's why they were all charged with a crime then. :doh:

Upvote 0