Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This morning, 22 March, three explosions have rocked Brussels: two explosions happened outside the airport and one more at Maelbeek metro station.

Fatality reports, as I have read, still vary between 10 and 26 (at least); dozens have been injured — 35, at least.

The explosions at the airport took place shortly after 08:00 local time (07:00 London, 03:00 New York, 00:00 Los Angeles); the third explosion happened at 09:11 local time (08:11 London, 04:11 New York, 01:11 Los Angeles).

It has been confirmed that the airport explosions have been carried out by a suicide bomber.

Flights in and out of Brussels have all been cancelled until 18:00 local time.

More information (this is where I am following it):
I shall add more information as I see it. Feel free to do the same.

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
UPDATES:

Fatality and injury reports, so far, are as follows:
  • From the airport explosions, 13 dead and 35 injured;
  • From the metro explosion, 15 dead and 55 injured;
  • This totals 28 dead and 90 injured.
The metro station where this took place is just outside the European Parliament.

Suspicion is that the Islamic State is to blame; the attacks have been described to ‘bear the hallmark of the Islamic State’.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This morning, 22 March, three explosions have rocked Brussels: two explosions happened outside the airport and one more at Maelbeek metro station.

Fatality reports, as I have read, still vary between 10 and 26 (at least); dozens have been injured — 35, at least.

The explosions at the airport took place shortly after 08:00 local time (07:00 London, 03:00 New York, 00:00 Los Angeles); the third explosion happened at 09:11 local time (08:11 London, 04:11 New York, 01:11 Los Angeles).

It has been confirmed that the airport explosions have been carried out by a suicide bomber.

Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thank you for the updates. Prayers up for the victims and their families.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

From the top BBC article of note:

The attacks come four days after Salah Abdeslam, the main fugitive in the Paris attacks, was seized in Brussels.

Prime Minister Charles Michel called the latest attacks "blind, violent and cowardly", adding: "This is a day of tragedy, a black day... I would like to call on everyone to show calmness and solidarity".

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The attacks come four days after Salah Abdeslam, the main fugitive in the Paris attacks, was seized in Brussels.
When I first heard of the attack I was wondering if this was in response to him being captured...

So far this thread has managed to stay "sane" wonder how long that will last?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I first heard of the attack I was wondering if this was in response to him being captured...

So far this thread has managed to stay "sane" wonder how long that will last?

Depends on the time zone. :)

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative

Thank you Cdr. Portuguese Baptist for informing us of this. We are all praying for the victims involved in this horrible incident.

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The "religion of peace" strikes again. When is the world going to get serious about this fight?

Er… I am not sure I understand you correctly. You do realise that these terrorists make up only a minority of all Muslims, do you not? Most Muslims are against these attacks; those who support them are only extremists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GuusVA

God's Warrior
Oct 14, 2013
Tongeren Belgium
✟24,641.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Figured I would respont as well... ournation is struck with tragic. And we as christians churches and missionarries have no clue how to respond as an example for our nation. God tells us to respond with Love. God tells us to not prejudge people. We are trying to not be antiislamic. Because God tells us not to be.

The news has been very accurate so far.

Fyi, I work 800-900m from zaventem airport. Yesterday was the worst day of my life. Imo those bombers should be justified, but not the entire Islam.

Upvote 0

Amatorreginae

Jul 10, 2014
✟7,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
"I have been made victorious with terror"--Mohammed in Al-Bukhari 4:52:220. The number of dead stands at about 34 with 120 injured. But this figure is pretty small compared with the 700 Jews beheaded at Khaybar by the Prophet and the millions of other victims of Islam. More deaths will follow, in accordance with Mohammed's commands in the Quran (9:29 etc.), "Fight against such of those who who have been given the Scriptures as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low" and 98:6 "the worst of creatures". Expect more deaths soon.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Er… I am not sure I understand you correctly. You do realise that these terrorists make up only a minority of all Muslims, do you not? Most Muslims are against these attacks; those who support them are only extremists.
Yes, the vast majority of Muslims do not support ISIS. The following Muslim groups have already condemned this most recent attack:

http://abc7chicago.com/news/chicagos-muslim-community-condemns-brussels-terror-attacks/1258141/
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/attacks-709230-muslim-ayloush.html
http://www.americanbazaaronline.com...muslims-america-condemn-isis-attack-brussels/
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...uslim-leaders-respond-to-Brussels-6945611.php
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/muslim-leader-strongly-condemns-brussels-attacks/97494340

Upvote 0