Nov 28, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
✟16,524.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey All you musicians out there, I came back to my home saturday evening to find a disturbing sight, the room in which my vintage 30 year old drumset (mint condition) had the lock broken off of it. I went into instant rage when i saw this and i entered the room and saw that nothing was missing or out of place but it was a housemate that had broken down the door. Im still upset about it as i had to fix the lock and I can no longer trust a housemate to ask me when he needs to gain entrance to that storage room. Who else would be angered by this? or am i just silly to be so angry about the fact that my drums were unlocked for 4 days in a house that is never locked?

MsAnne

:)
Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
✟12,333.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
We had a break-in several years ago. It was obvious they were planning on coming back, as they had a stack of things set out in the middle of the floor. I was SICK to see my flute sitting there. As quickly as it upset me, I was relieved that it was indeed still there! I don't blame you at all. A musical intrument is such a personal item. Irreplacable.

Upvote 0

72_Chev_Truck

Cookie Monster
Nov 28, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
✟16,524.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im still pretty upset about it. i just cant stand the disrespect though. the kits vintage and almost unreplaceable. ive found several kits like it on ebay but NONE with as many drums or in that condition. if i had to name a price i would say between $3,000-$4,000. makes me sick to know that people are so irresponsible. i definately agree with an instrument being a personal thing. i almost lost all my drumming skills but i came to know Jesus and i started playing on a worship team. :clap:

Upvote 0

JahRawks

Jul 1, 2003
Earth
Visit site
✟389.00
Faith
Non-Denom
man, that sucks, I understand where you're coming from, I wouldn't want anyone touching my stuff like that, unfortunately, my little brother, who has no idea how to play a guitar tends to mess with my guitar too often, and it irritates me, cause a lot of times he never asks, it's my first guitar, and although it's cheap, it's still my first guitar. I'd talk with your housemate about the reasons that the room was broken into. Just praise God that your stuff isn't stolen though, that would've been even worse. God Bless-
Nathan

Upvote 0