Britain Seeks Knife Control Laws

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you carry them around with you?
Not into a school, airport or government building. I have no idea about anywhere else.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not into a school, airport or government building. I have no idea about anywhere else.

If you walked into many places, besides public buildings, with a large knife for everyone to see, you could get charged with brandishing a weapon.

Upvote 0

Herbert'sHoover

Jun 4, 2018
usa
✟3,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do not think potato peelers are banned. I bought 500 pounds of TSA confiscated weapons and there were no potato peelers in there. Although that most likely is not something grandma would carry in her purse. Use to be it was very common to eat fruit when people traveled. So they use to carry fancy little fruit knives. Today it is very common for women to carry sowing scissors in their purse.

We aren't talking about TSA, we're taking about the UK, where a tater peeler in your pocket is a concealed blade.

Upvote 0

Herbert'sHoover

Jun 4, 2018
usa
✟3,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The US already has knife control, no blades over a certain length and no switch blades.

Remember when people were gleeful about the death of Freddie Gray and tried to argue that he had a knife above a certain length, which made his arrest and death acceptable?

It seems that some had no problem with knife laws in that case, but now it's a problem because you want to ridicule the U.K.?

So now you think Freddy greys death was justified?

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We aren't talking about TSA, we're taking about the UK, where a tater peeler in your pocket is a concealed blade.
Churchill would be rolling in his grave, although, apparently not while peeling a potato.

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I am talking about what they allow people to take on an airplane. So are you trying to suggest that UK laws are stricter then TSA? That is difficult to imagine.

Upvote 0