Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

brightening my blonde hair

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Truffle, May 28, 2009.

1. Truffle

Truffle Proud American

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Catholic
    wonders if anyone here uses brightening shampoos for blondes and which ones work best. i bought clairol shimmerlites.. a great smell. i have not noticed brighter blonde hair though. maybe i need to use it a week or sume:confused:thin

2. Trashionista

Trashionista New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    CA-Liberals
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    I use LUSH's Marilyn hair treatment twice/month.

I'm a natural ash blonde, but it's dyed a light golden blonde colour. It definately keeps it from looking brassy. Hasn't made it any lighter or kept roots from growing any faster. If you look on LUSH's forums, some say it has subtle-y lightened it. I don't notice a dramatic difference though on my hair.

I tried John Freida's Sheer Blonde shampoos & conditioners, but didn't find them too work all that well. Left my hair feeling coated and oily.

3. Truffle

Truffle Proud American

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I didnt get results from JF either
    I like the shimmer lites ALOT addicting scent!

4. mxpxchrist_chic

mxpxchrist_chic post-it notes are sticky!

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    do you just not want to color your hair? :) how blonde are you now? have any pics? i'm in cosmetology school and i'm graduating in august.. so its right up my alley! and most otc lightening shampoos have depositing minerals(i'm thinking of a different word other than minerals but i can't think of the word) and make it difficult for your hairdresser to color your hair.. but yes. :D

5. KrazyPhish

KrazyPhish Dead in the water...

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I used this along with their blonde shampoo bar. It very subtle, it more or less makes your hair more shimmery in light rather than actually lighten it. Oh, and you have to be patient.

I used to buy hydrogen peroxide (the dilute stuff available in supermarkets here, I forget the concentration...) and mix a cap full or so with lots of conditioner, slather it on my head, cover it with cling wrap and leave it there for 30-60 minutes. You'll get results quicker this way, but there is a bit of damage in it, but not like if you used box dye or went to the hair dresser. The results build up a little each time you do it, so you can control how light you get.

6. Sunburst

Sunburst Brady's Girl

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    I hate Clariol Shimmering Lights conditioner. Turned my bleached hair light blue so I put a warning issue on this to friends with bleached hair.

7. Trashionista

Trashionista New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    CA-Liberals
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    Quick question: how did you apply Marilyn? It's really runny, so I've been scooping with a spoon and then combing out with a big, wide tooth comb. Any tips?

8. KrazyPhish

KrazyPhish Dead in the water...

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I wet my hair first (not saturated, but like it's been towel dried), the dampness seems to help it spread, tangle less, it also helps you use less product but still get it to cover all your hair and it drips less. I use about a quarter of the pot with this method on my waist length (though fine) hair. I then wrap it in cling wrap and then a small towel.

Trashionista likes this.
  9. Trashionista

Trashionista New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    CA-Liberals
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    Thanks! I'll try this. I'm using about 1/4 of the pot each time on my fine, shoulder-blade length hair. Probably using too much! Thanks again! :D

10. Truffle

Truffle Proud American

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Catholic
    oh,well it is a bit of a toner so you gotta rinse really well. it did this to my hair the first time i used but just gotta rinse it. my hair is heavily bleached but two tone. brown underneath. the more bleached i got the more shimmer worked. no more problems.

11. FreeSpirit74

FreeSpirit74 Contra Dancing Pagan Warrior

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Pagan
  12. Trashionista

Trashionista New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    CA-Liberals
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    I've been using LUSH's DaddyO shampoo. Another violet coloured shampoo, but it's very much like a liquified gel (if that makes sense?) and I don't find it lathers as much as I'd like. It's too soon to tell, but it leaves my hair really shiny and light-catching, not sure it'll make it any blonder, though it does claim to brighten.

Unfortunately, it doesn't leave my hair as squeeky-clean as I'd like, so I've been rotating with my regular shampoo - regular one day, DaddyO the next. It actually doesn't smell too bad either... like licorice and cinnamon, not too natural or patchouli-fiend as some of LUSH's products do. :)

13. NatiBooh

NatiBooh rescued through love

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Other-Religion
    have you tried redken? glam shampoo for blondes. it's better than most of the ones out there,

14. TheTrash

TheTrash New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    CA-Liberals
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    Klorane Chamomile.

15. Truffle

Truffle Proud American

Politics: