Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't breastfeed Emily. I could barely raise my head to look at her after the cesarian, there was no way I could hold her to breastfeed so they gave her a bottle...she never would latch on after that.

I plan to breastfeed with my next one (should I be blessed with another)..but I won't do it any longer than 6 months...if that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tessas212

Dog Behavior Consultant
Jul 16, 2006
Ohio
✟16,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow! It is so great so many of you nursed for so long! I admire you! What great parents you must be:) I'm thankful to stilll give my baby God's best nutrition, but wish my baby would go back on the breast. Pumping is a lot of work with no fun.

Upvote 0

ChildByGrace

Isn't God's grace the best !!!
Jul 22, 2005
Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
My eldest I fed for 8 months although after 4 months I had to introduce a bottle as I lost my milk at one feed and couldn't get it back. Then at around 6 months I bf morning and evening but during the day bottle fed.
Every day I fed my so was a struggle - he wasn't a natural feeder at all and I didn't enjoy the experience at all. I only did it because I really wanted to feed himself and I'm a very determined person who doesn't like to be beaten. When I tell people I fed him for 8 months they all say 'you must of found it very easy'. Yeah right - it was awful lol

With my youngest I am still fully feeding after 5 months. I've had to put her on baby porridge as she was hungry which I was upset about as I was hoping to get her to six months with just milk. I am hoping to get her to a year with my milk so that I can transfer her straight to cows milk once I decide not to feed her. Not sure how much past a year we'll go although I can't see myself still feeding at two years - unless it's just morning and evening

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pwfaith

May 5, 2010
NC
Visit site
✟7,744.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For those of who that breastfed, how long did you breastfeed your child for?

#1 - 10.5 months (found out I was 2.5 months pg, due to dropping down to 90lbs, my body couldn't handle the required calorie intake of both bfing and pregnancy :( at that time)

#2 - 13 months - I would have gone long but one night she nursed, looked at her sister playing on the floor, stopped nursing, got down, started playing with her sister and never had interest in it again :D

#3 - 13 months - preferred to go longer but we went away for the weekend and my supply just really dropped after that.

#4 - 14 months

#5 - 15 months - another one that I would have liked to have gone longer with but had to wean b/c DH and I had plans LONG before she arrived to go away for our 10th wedding anniversary for a week.

Upvote 0

BridgetsMom

Apr 3, 2010
✟15,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I put down 24+ months even though my daughter is only 19 months now, because we are still going strong with breastfeeding and I can't imagine weaning her soon.

I had always thought that I'd wean a child before she could talk to me about breastfeeding -- don't ask me why, it was an irrational thing -- but then along came my daughter and not only has breastfeeding been so good for her, but when she started talking about it, she named it "happy milkies". How on earth could I wean her, absent some pressing medical reason, when she curls up against me and asks for her happy milkies?

Upvote 0