• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bpd Symptoms~

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SergeAStrom

Theresasjourney said:
  • Post traumatic stress disorder ~~I have PTS due to severe childhood abuse
  • Mood disorders
  • Panic/anxiety disorders~~I go through bouts of anxiety severe! but I have meds that help that till its passes
  • Substance abuse (54% of BPs also have a problem with substance abuse)~~for yrs my drug of choice was shoplifting~~God delivered me from it!!
  • Gender identity disorder
  • Attention deficit disorder ~~its very hard for me to focus~`like for reading or memorizing~~yikes!
  • Eating disorders ~~I was anorexic once~~scared me to death~~!
  • Multiple personality disorder~~I am a mostly integrated high functioning DID
  • Obsessive-compulsive disorder~~oh yes!! nothing weird~~but i am just the same.
That sure is a group of labels to put on yourself.

Upvote 0
S

SergeAStrom

Gal328 said:
I have boderline personality disorder, Add, demonic opppression, and people treating me as if its my fault. Kicking me while I'm down and so forth. I also have to live with a handicapped relative. Have you ever had to explain things to someone who is mentally retarted? Its no Joke.

And how is your day today? :help:
Why stay in that situation? It seems to be ruining your peace of mind.

Upvote 0

AnointedPoetess

Jun 29, 2004
The Land of 10,000 Lakes
✟23,314.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I need help please. I met this 60 yr old lady on tues who wants to help me with my issues but lately i've been noticing that my bpd features have been surfacing really bad. I've been trying to fight them off but feel scared and hopeless because i dont wanna ruin what God has allowed to happen due to my bpd features. I'm lost as to what to do! :(

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
AnointedPoetess said:
I need help please. I met this 60 yr old lady on tues who wants to help me with my issues but lately i've been noticing that my bpd features have been surfacing really bad. I've been trying to fight them off but feel scared and hopeless because i dont wanna ruin what God has allowed to happen due to my bpd features. I'm lost as to what to do! :(
Sweetie,
I have found many more blessings since not using the BPD symtoms as much. Life is much easier, and I am more at peace with myself and others, not always, but more often than not.

Please get yourself therapy and work toward changing. When I read Galatians, and see the fruit of the Spirit, and then see the list of things that are not of the Spirit, I see myself in the old me as the not of the Spirit, but the new me reflects more of the fruit of the Spirit.

Hugs,
Trish

Upvote 0

Gal328

Mar 10, 2006
NY
✟676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
madison1101 said:
Are you in therapy? If so, ask for a psychiatric referral. Meds don't make you change the behavior, but they do help ease the symptoms so that you can learn to change the behavior with less intensity of emotions.

Believe me, I felt the same way you did at one time. I felt possessed and wondered how I could do some of the things I did. I look back and shudder at the things I did, and remember how I felt hopeless of ever changing.

If you are not in therapy, find one soon. And then see a psychiatrist for meds.

pray for me that I can find one. I am very poor

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Gal328 said:
pray for me that I can find one. I am very poor
Do you qualify for Medical Assistance? There are clinics that offer services, and if you qualify for government assistance, you can access mental health care. Look into it.

Hugs,
Trish

Upvote 0

AnointedPoetess

Jun 29, 2004
The Land of 10,000 Lakes
✟23,314.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
madison1101 said:
Sweetie,
I have found many more blessings since not using the BPD symtoms as much. Life is much easier, and I am more at peace with myself and others, not always, but more often than not.

Please get yourself therapy and work toward changing. When I read Galatians, and see the fruit of the Spirit, and then see the list of things that are not of the Spirit, I see myself in the old me as the not of the Spirit, but the new me reflects more of the fruit of the Spirit.

Hugs,
Trish
Thanks for the advice and encouragement, im in therapy but im not sure what u mean by not using any of the bpd features as much, could u plz explain that more, thanks :hug:

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AnointedPoetess said:

everything will be ok. trust your Savior. :hug:

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
AnointedPoetess said:
Thanks for the advice and encouragement, im in therapy but im not sure what u mean by not using any of the bpd features as much, could u plz explain that more, thanks :hug:
Whatever behaviors you are doing that are borderline symptoms, try eliminating them from your life as much as possible. If you have uncontrollable anger, work on controlling your anger. If you have self-defeating behaviors, like excessive shopping, or binge eating, practice controlling that.

What are the features you are most troubled by? Ask your therapist for help in changing those things. That is all my therapist does anymore is work on helping me change my behavior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

spdnet75

Veteran
Apr 21, 2006
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
✟18,492.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
AP, I have multiple diagnoses, so I don't know exactly how to respond to your concern, however, something that my doctor and my counselors encouraged me to do is keep a journal.

It doesn't have to be anything organized or formal, just a notebook to write things down in when I'm experiencing particularly strong emotions. EX: anger, neglect or even things that are very positive.

The idea being, that I can go back and look at something I had been feeling earlier and determine whether or not I was seeing that situation rationally.

It was tough for me to get started, but with a hand from upstairs, counseling, Family, Friends and some effort, I have been able to change a number of negative behaviors.

Hang in there and give things a chance. It can take time for you to feel like you're making progress, but it will happen if you try. :)

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
spdnet75 said:
AP, I have multiple diagnoses, so I don't know exactly how to respond to your concern, however, something that my doctor and my counselors encouraged me to do is keep a journal.

It doesn't have to be anything organized or formal, just a notebook to write things down in when I'm experiencing particularly strong emotions. EX: anger, neglect or even things that are very positive.

The idea being, that I can go back and look at something I had been feeling earlier and determine whether or not I was seeing that situation rationally.

It was tough for me to get started, but with a hand from upstairs, counseling, Family, Friends and some effort, I have been able to change a number of negative behaviors.

Hang in there and give things a chance. It can take time for you to feel like you're making progress, but it will happen if you try. :)
Journaling is a terrific therapeutic tool. I have used one for 18 years. It helps me tremendously. When I journal, I am either writing to God, or my therapist. When I journal to my therapist, I am able to discuss my emotions rationally, and get out of the upsetment, and work through the problem. When I journal to God, I am pouring my heart out to Him, and praying.

Both have helped me so much. I have often taken my journal into therapy and shared something, and it has helped my therapist help me.

Great suggestion for most diagnoses.

Bless you.
Trish

Upvote 0

AnointedPoetess

Jun 29, 2004
The Land of 10,000 Lakes
✟23,314.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
spdnet75 said:

What are your diagnoses?? I've been journaling since the 7th grade but lately its seeming to be pointless, meaningless, and very frustrating for me anyway, is that common or what?? thanks for the idea tho, :D

Upvote 0
S

SergeAStrom

AnointedPoetess said:
Oh I wish I could heal you but i cant. I wonder if you are familiar with the concept of the fluid personality and the opposing concept of character? It seems to me that if you become familiar with the concepts of what makes character and decide to stick with you may be able to define your personality in a way and then stick with teh definition. I think the book the Meaning of Persons covers this subject well, but I dont remember. Your Life is your script, write a good one you like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lmarie23

Jun 12, 2006
Ohio
✟9,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gal328 said:
I have boderline personality disorder, Add, demonic opppression, and people treating me as if its my fault. Kicking me while I'm down and so forth. I also have to live with a handicapped relative. Have you ever had to explain things to someone who is mentally retarted? Its no Joke.

And how is your day today? :help:

<hugs Gal328> hon, I understand. I have BPD as well, and demonic oppression. maybe i don't have a handicapped relative or ADD, but life has been... interesting for me too. if you ever need someone to talk to, i'm here. feel free to PM me or IM me.

Lynne

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.