Visit site
✟447,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hi I was thinking about boredom. Before the fall would Adam and Eve be capable of boredom? Is boredom a part of the fall or a sinful nature? Would boredom be possible in Heaven even after trillions of years? Would angels be capable of boredom? Just wondering....

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi I was thinking about boredom. Before the fall would Adam and Eve be capable of boredom? Is boredom a part of the fall or a sinful nature? Would boredom be possible in Heaven even after trillions of years? Would angels be capable of boredom? Just wondering....
God is infinite in knowledge, wisdom and power - all created beings are finite so that means there is always an infinite gap between what God knows, what God has to teach us - and what we will ever know. That does not leave a lot room for boredom.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Boredom is just a part of human psychology, as it is.

But I suspect that if the Bible is true, and that God will "transform these lowly bodies" of ours, as Paul the Apostle has averred, then boredom should more or less be passe in the Life To Come ...

... hopefully that's Good News? ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I Am Hugh

Service Android
Sep 27, 2023
Pangaea Proxima
Visit site
✟11,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Celibate

A primitive child can be fascinated by a stick or rock while a modern child can be bored with complicated electronics. Do you imagine the spirit creatures in heaven, who were no doubt created billions of years ago, being bored? The meek will inherit what? When you think about science and what sinful mankind has accomplished in the last 100 years think of what could be accomplished in millions of years without the obstacles currently suppressing it. Conflict of interest, greed and narcissism.

The Bible fascinates me. That is just how it turned out, I could have just as easily found it, like many do, to be boring. Even if I were an unbeliever I would find it fascinating. Space fascinates many people. Not me. It's boring. I see an image of some celestial wonder and think how beautiful it is. For about 20 seconds. Imagine living in space. I think it would be boring to most people in a very short time. Do you know why? Because God created earth for man and heaven for spirit beings. The things here, simple nature as we call it, are what makes us feel at home. Where that will go when Satan, death, and sin are no more, who can say? Some technological utopian future or back to the basics of nature? Either way I don't think boredom should be a problem.

Upvote 0

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟447,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Just thinking.... there seems to be connection between curiosity and boredom...
Dorothy Parker said "The cure to boredom is curiosity"

I wonder if people would be capable of curiosity if they were incapable of boredom.... they might just keep on doing exactly as they've always done... I think the connection between invention/innovation/imagination and boredom is similar.

I wonder if God wanting to create the universe had anything to do with boredom.....

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

I Am Hugh

Service Android
Sep 27, 2023
Pangaea Proxima
Visit site
✟11,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Celibate
I wonder if God wanting to create the universe had anything to do with boredom.....

I wouldn't think so but without scripture it's purely anecdotal. You could reason that God created the spirit beings and mankind in his image, that is, with his personality and qualities. He gives us work. To keep us occupied and from idleness. (Genesis 2:15; Proverbs 12:11; 14:23; 21:25; 1 Corinthians 10:31)

Upvote 0