Bobby Jindal proposes doing away with Supreme Court

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Because it is condemned both in the Old and the New Testament.

So no Christian should be involved in anything condemned in the Old and New testaments, correct?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Wise couples stay together for the sake of their children and grandchildren.

Wise couples don't invite misery on themselves and their children for appearances' sake.

My friend, who is sadly going through a divorce, sat down with his children (ages 13 and 11), and told them, "We'd rather you had two happy houses than one unhappy one."

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

Nic Samojluk

Apr 27, 2013
California
Visit site
✟11,911.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Congress can make any law they can pass. They can make a law tomorrow saying it is criminal to have a green car parked in your driveway on Thursdays. Whether any law stands to constitutional scrutiny, will be determined when someone challenges it in federal court and maybe all the way up to the supreme court.
You missed the point I made. Try again!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Nic Samojluk

Apr 27, 2013
California
Visit site
✟11,911.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Congress cannot reverse, by statute, a Court decision recognizing a right protected by the U.S. Constitution, and thereby deny the right announced in the decision and protected by the Constitution.
Are you saying that those congressmen who are sponsoring the “Life At Conception Act” are a bunch of stupid lawyers?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,782.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Wise couples stay together for the sake of their children and grandchildren.
We must assume that you have stayed with your wife for the sake of your children and grandchildren.

I stay with my wife because I love her and want to be with her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟250,865.00
Faith
Atheist
Do not confuse love with confronting those you love. If you place a sign that reads “WRONG WAY. DO NOT ENTER” on the freeway, it is a sign that you are trying to save lives. Love prompts society to place such signs. God placed similar signs in the Bible because he loves us.

That is what you believe. And you should be aware that this is only something that you believe, and that there are others who disagree.

To stay within your example: you are standing somewhere in an empty landscape, waving a pitchfork and a flaming torch to keep anyone from entering the dangerous highway that only you can see ahead of you.

I accept that you think you do that out of love... but the people that you are threatening may think differently.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That would be a violation of the 14Th Amendment.

You do realize that it was a 14th Amendment argument which preserved SSM in the first place, correct?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I believe that you are misinformed. If Congress were to declare the personhood of the unborn, then Roe v Wade would collapse and become null and void.

Believe what you want, you'd still be wrong.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟316,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Same-Sex Marriage Is Harmful to Children

“Extensive research also reveals that not only mothers, but also fathers, are critical to the healthy development of children. Swedish researchers reviewed the best longitudinal studies from around the world that assessed the effects of fathers on children's development. Their review spanned 20 years of studies and included over 22,000 children, and found that fathers reduce behavioral problems in boys and psychological problems in girls, enhance cognitive development, and decrease delinquency. …”

Ref.: http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/ovic/ViewpointsDetailsPage/ViewpointsDetailsWindow?displayGroupName=Viewpoints&zid=a9764475de34e422c34761f9631ce865&action=2&catId=&documentId=GALE|EJ3010014234&userGroupName=viva2_tcc&jsid=d04d591dd6a4ce083f01f30163846491

I gave a link to 8 research papers and your reply is an option piece? That references articles and books but no research papers. Sorry, not even in the same league. Those studies I linked to show there is no harmful effects to same sex marriage outside the norm. Your option piece rely on a single study and downplays all other studies.

I have been trying to find the 'Swedish review' and I can't find it. Do you have a link to it?

Reactions: Maren
Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I gave a link to 8 research papers and your reply is an option piece? That references articles and books but no research papers. Sorry, not even in the same league. Those studies I linked to show there is no harmful effects to same sex marriage outside the norm. Your option piece rely on a single study and downplays all other studies.

I have been trying to find the 'Swedish review' and I can't find it. Do you have a link to it?

This appears to be an abstract of the study (pdf). As I guessed in my above post, it has nothing to do with same sex couples; instead it is a comparison of children raised by two parents compared to those raised solely by a single mother.

Upvote 0