Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The purpose of BLM was to cause turmoil so democrats can pin the blame on trump. Who benefited? Biden and the local politicians you didn't campaign for who played you and your movement like a fiddle. Before the end of Biden's first term, people won't remember George Floyd.
That contradicts what we saw unfold. Conservatives here were saying that BLM would cost Dems votes and many Dems agree that it hurt the party. They brought zero benefit to the Democratic Party. No local politicians benefited from BLM In my state - what are ypu talking about? Who specifically on the local level was “playing” protesters?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did you not read the article in the OP? That is what is happening now. BLM are butt hurt because Biden won't return their calls. And why are they calling? Because they want his support. Did they ever seek support from Trump? No.
I said IN MY STATE. The group you’re referring to has no involvement in the BLM movement in Portland.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even though her and Biden are directly responsible for much of the incarceration of our black brothers and sister? So it appears that you have abandoned BLM too.
I’m certainly going to vote for the candidate who will cause the least amount of harm. And that’s the position of almost all of the ppl in this movement. You’re not privy to what we think, feel, and believe unless we tell you so it’s kind of silly to act like you know better.

Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://nypost.com/2020/12/11/blm-says-biden-harris-have-been-silent-on-meeting-request/

Note that it was 32 days since Dec 11. Although it seems understandable that the Biden administration is focusing on their transition to have a meeting, it doesn't explain why they are not even responding to BLM. Is it possible that BLM served its intended purpose and now they are being kicked to the curb? I have also noticed a surprising lack of coverage of anything BLM.
All sorts of surprising political allegiances are coming out these days. The powers that be may only pay lip service to certain groups without actually caring much about them. Also, politicians respond to large cash donations. That is how you get meetings with them typically. This is genally well known. BLM may need to pay for position more than rally.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟189,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
https://nypost.com/2020/12/11/blm-says-biden-harris-have-been-silent-on-meeting-request/

Note that it was 32 days since Dec 11. Although it seems understandable that the Biden administration is focusing on their transition to have a meeting, it doesn't explain why they are not even responding to BLM. Is it possible that BLM served its intended purpose and now they are being kicked to the curb? I have also noticed a surprising lack of coverage of anything BLM.

Good !

Maybe because the president/vice president serve the American people, not a Marxist group like BLM ?

Upvote 0