~PeaceLove

Dec 10, 2010
Midwest
✟15,663.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm a little worried. Everyone knows this is the unforgivable sin.

Blasphemy is when you reject God after knowing him, correct?

Well I grew up in a Christian household. I became saved and then I strayed away. For a short period I thought of myself as not a Christian and I wouldn't say I rejected the existence God, but I just sort of forgot about him. At one point I even pondered the idea of Jesus being made up.

Is that blasphemy?

Now I do not think these things and I'm trying to regain that relationship with Jesus.

Thanks.

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having doubts and straying away for a time is not unforgivable. Jesus gave us the parable of the Prodigal Son to emphasize that very point. The father welcomed back the wayward son. He saw him coming from afar, ran to meet him, embraced and kissed him, and threw a party. Also consider the apostle Paul. He rejected Christianity and actively persecuted them. He was not only forgiven... he wrote a good portion of the New Testament!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I believe the Unforgivable Sin is to say that Christ was able to perform miracles because He was possessed by the Devil, not by the Holy Spirit.

Yes, that is mostly true, except that the reference is to the Holy Spirit rather than Jesus. Taking this in the context (Mt. 12:31-32) one can see the reference. In general, blasphemy is irreverance toward God, and attributing the things of God to other means.

In Matthew 12 the ref. is toward the Holy Spirit. The Lord Jesus as a man took all kinds of abuse, and sometimes He did not answer (as with the Governor Pilate), but He did answer when the attack was toward God in general. The Holy Spirit is clearly not a man and is HOLY and PURE, so any charge against Him is viewed as an attack on the throne of God and eternal truth, especially attributing the works to Satan. God says this is unforgiveable.

One might deny Jesus and say He is not of God nor a savior, and God attributes that to ignorance of one who is born in sin, but one is speaking wickedly to bring an evil charge against the Spirit of God. I hope this helps.

- 1 watchman

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Well I grew up in a Christian household. I became saved and then I strayed away. For a short period I thought of myself as not a Christian and I wouldn't say I rejected the existence God, but I just sort of forgot about him. At one point I even pondered the idea of Jesus being made up.

Is that blasphemy?

Now I do not think these things and I'm trying to regain that relationship with Jesus.

Thanks.

This sounds more like what some would call "backsliding" and others "falling away." As you forgot the Lord rest assured the Lord did not forget you. He is merciful and full of compassion. He knew why you chose to turn away..he saw your heart.

It may encourage you to read the parable of the lost (prodigal son) in Luke 14:11-32. Especially note how the father waits for the son's return, how he gives him the ring, and how they celebrate.

And finally to the faithful son the father says:

"My son, the father said, "you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad, bcause this brother of yours was dead and is alive again, he was lost and is found." (Luke 14:31-32) (NIV)

The Father rejoices, the angels rejoice, and we rejoice. Welcome back home! :clap:

Upvote 0
Dec 21, 2010
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The scripture you are refering to is Blaspheming the Holy Spirit. My pastors told me that that is when you see the Holy Spirit moving and you say "that is not God". The enemy has gotten me to believe that i have blasphemed the Holy Spirit before and i went skitsofrenic. for two days. but now i am living for God again and i am closer to God than i have ever been.

The enemy will allways try to stop you when you pursue God. all doubt comes from the enemy. demons are trying to influence you. they can influence out thoughts and feelings. But we are the ones who choose what we believe. Take every thought captive to obedience to Christ. this is war. Read the New American Standard Bible and remember. as long as you are breathing you can repent and live for Jesus Christ.

check out my youtube video. How to Make Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Is that blasphemy?

Thanks.

People who committed this sin wouldn't be asking if they did. They wouldnt care at all.

Upvote 0

papaJP

Prophet
Nov 15, 2010
Kerrville, Texas
✟15,783.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We all have the opportunity to repent and ask for forgiveness. When this is done God says that He does not remember your sin anymore. However, you must not turn away and stay. If you are not striving to be more Godly when you die then you are lost.

Many have done what you are describing. I did it for 30 years. I am now a spirit filled ordained pastor who is a called prophetic Bible Teacher. It has been a wonderful journey from the lost to the found. Seek help from God and other Godly people to help.

Upvote 0

Crosssword

Dec 26, 2010
✟590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many of us have this story of being lukewarm in Christ, and having to perhaps even leave the faith before we return and fully understand it.

Now you are back, but it can't just be back. Now you are giving your everything to God and you know you must become a much better Christian then you were before.

Your guilt over your sins teaches you to be very passionate about God, and overly the years you will forget these sins, but retain the passion you have found.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums