blasphemy of the Holy Spirit

D

DamagedNothing

Tell Satan to back off. First he blinded you to do his bidding, now he's blinding you to the truth of God's acceptance of you. If you really want to kick him where it hurts, break this hold he has on you and be happy in the fact that you ARE saved and you DO NOT belong to the devil. I know it's easier said than done. But trust me, you do not have to worry over this. It's a lot of wasted energy. God loves you and He's not letting you go that easy.

:)

Upvote 0

trustinChrist

Dec 16, 2006
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
Tell Satan to back off. First he blinded you to do his bidding, now he's blinding you to the truth of God's acceptance of you. If you really want to kick him where it hurts, break this hold he has on you and be happy in the fact that you ARE saved and you DO NOT belong to the devil. I know it's easier said than done. But trust me, you do not have to worry over this. It's a lot of wasted energy. God loves you and He's not letting you go that easy.

:)

Upvote 0
D

DamagedNothing

The point is that once a person does this they cannot be forgiven. That is what it says.

They cannot be forgiven because they don't ask to be forgiven. The Holy Spirit is no longer at work in that person's life, meaning there will be nothing to draw the person to God and make them want to repent.

I still don't understand why you feel the need to bring that verse here. Isn't trustinChrist worried enough? Or will you compound things?

Upvote 0

B®ent

Contender for the Faith
May 15, 2005
Mill Creek, WA.
✟4,932.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I have recently been worried about something I did years ago.I used to tell people that satan loved them.I have since repented,but am worried this might be blasphemy against the Holy Spirit because I attributed love to satan when it actually comes from God.Did I commit the unforgiveable sin?

The fact that you are concerned is evidence that you have not blasphemed the Holy Spirit. If you were a blasphemer, you would be groveling in darkness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trustinChrist

Dec 16, 2006
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
thanks for your comment Brent.Although it seems to go against another comment in this thread.

"Not quite... A person can determine that they may not choose to serve God but also that they will not join the other side and have complete disdain and revulsion to the things of the gospel... Scary position that choice is, because they have thrown away the only hope of salvation and the arms of safety the Lord can provide, and at the same time refused to help the devil detroy the work of the gospel in those around them. What the devil can not use He will destroy."

Upvote 0

B®ent

Contender for the Faith
May 15, 2005
Mill Creek, WA.
✟4,932.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Not quite... A person can determine that they may not choose to serve God but also that they will not join the other side and have complete disdain and revulsion to the things of the gospel...

I disagree (with whoever said this). The Bible does not speak in shades of gray. Either you love God, or you hate Him. People who reject the only begotten are haters of the Living God. Clearly, since you are concerned about your sins, you do not hate God; you desire to seek and follow Him.

Scary position that choice is, because they have thrown away the only hope of salvation and the arms of safety the Lord can provide, and at the same time refused to help the devil detroy the work of the gospel in those around them. What the devil can not use He will destroy."

If a person is not serving Jesus Christ, they're serving Satan.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
I wrote those words because that was the choice my husband made when he choose not to surrender his heart to God. He told God to leave him alone. He also declared that he would not fight me anymore in my walk with Christ.

It was then the Lord spoke to my heart and prepared me for what was to happen next. This man had been on my pray list for close to six years. It had been a intense spiritual warfare for that man's soul and my faith.

The Lord explained that since he has refused salvation, he has also refused to be under the protective wing of our Lord, that he was in a terrible position. No matter how much I prayed, the Lord said that He was a gentleman and would honor my husband's request to have his conscience bothered no more regarding salvation. My husband had grieved the Holy Spirit away with this choice. It was the Lord who explained what grieving and the commitment of the unforgiveable sin truly is.

There were many tears in heaven over this decision that my husband made. So, while in prayer for my husband's salvation, the situation was explained to me. Since my husband was no longer under protection, the evil angels were going to be able to bring seven more worse than the first and indwell within. My husband, in full knowledge of his decision, kept his promise to bother me no more regarding my continuing worship of the Lord. This angered the evil ones, and they were so infuriated, that they plotted his demise. Without protection, they could not be stopped.

This is what I was shown by the Lord. Three months later he died in an motor vehicle crash. Three months of dreams, night after night, explaining to me, over and over again, though I prayerfully protested with all my heart, what was going to happen in detail, and it came to pass just as it was shown. For days after the death, de ja vu of the dreams came to pass, right down to the conversations and places.

If a person is not serving Jesus Christ, they're serving Satan
They just may not realize who they sided with. If the devil can not use you, he will abuse you. He will hate you for not obeying Him. He will kill you if God does not protect you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rokcndy

Apr 26, 2011
✟7,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I totally didn't read every post because there's 5 pages, so I hope I'm not being too random xD but I think if you repented for your sins, and you are truly sorry and remorseful in your heart and resolve to make an effort to never fall into that place again, you can be forgiven :) i think it's all about your heart and your soul's intentions, not so much the actions in themselves (although actions are always produced from intentions coming from the heart). however, you can't really undo your past actions.

I'm sure not many people took to heart what you said to them, I mean, they didn't think deeply about it and decide that the devil really DOES love them. but i can't say for sure cuz i wasn't there :/ have you talked to any of these people after that?

Upvote 0