May 28, 2004
Arkansas
✟374.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
gmedwards said:
hard issueneeds a lot of research, and textual study etc to se what its really all about...
indeed

gmedwards said:
needs a lot of research, and textual study etc to se what its really all about...
Time to dive in:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

@@Paul@@

The Key that Fits:Acts 28
Mar 24, 2004
Seattle
✟11,081.00
Faith
Baptist
super_mog said:
In Matthew 12:31-32, Jesus said this will not be forgiven unto men. What exactly is it? If we do it, then why ask for forgiveness? He's already said it won't be forgiven. So, there is a sin that will not be forgiven?
Short Version... :)

Israel had three chances to accept their King... (1) with the Father through John the Baptist (2) Through the Son in Christ and (3) Through the work of Holy Spirit by the Apostles.
Saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle hath been done by them is manifest to all them that dwell in Jerusalem; and we cannot deny it. But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name. And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
(Act 4:16-18 KJV)

Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.​
The ruling religious leaders of Israel rejected the work of the Holy Spirit; which is what would not be forgiven THAT Generation...
Luk 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.​
They (Israel) spoke against the Son and killed Him and it was forgiven.
Luk 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.​
They spoke against the Holy Spirit by reject His work and it was not forgiven...
Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it. And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.
(Act 28:28-29 KJV)​
From that time until now...
Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.​
Salvation is no longer "of the Jews". But it will be once again someday. :)

ALL sins are forgiven in Christ... No Christian today can commit the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost... :clap:

Upvote 0

@@Paul@@

The Key that Fits:Acts 28
Mar 24, 2004
Seattle
✟11,081.00
Faith
Baptist
..........The only unforgivable sin is the disobedience to God by not accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Savior. ;)

Mar 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Could you explain why you think Mark 13:11 is even a sin?

Reactions: MeekOne
Upvote 0
A

Angel of God

super_mog said:
In Matthew 12:31-32, Jesus said this will not be forgiven unto men. What exactly is it? If we do it, then why ask for forgiveness? He's already said it won't be forgiven. So, there is a sin that will not be forgiven?

It's the not Faith the first offense to the Holy Spirit that cannot be forgiven.
S.Thomas had not Faith in the Word of God before Jesus Resurrection.
After having seen he(S.Thomas) had Faith but Jesus said "blessed are who will believe without to see" pratically S.Thomas made an offense to the Word of God that wasn't forgiven.

I think this is very important because I think the S.Pieter offense wasn't
an offense to the Word of God, I think it's an offense to Man's son.............

:angel:

Reactions: MbiaJc
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.....the unforgiveable sin.

Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

If the only means of communication is through the Holy Spirit, and you refuse to hear.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Then how are you going to be convicted of sin? If you when convicted close your ears so that you do not hear, speak lies knowing it is not what God has convicted you to be true. What happens?

1 Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

There is a point reached where there is no more ways for God to reach you, no more ways for God to touch your heart, no more ways for you to have a conscience regarding what is truth.

There is the blasphemy.....that is why it is one thing that can not be forgiven.

Upvote 0

Paddy the Irishman

Jun 28, 2004
Dirty South, Auckland, NZ
Visit site
✟7,709.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
@@Paul@@ said:
..........The only unforgivable sin is the disobedience to God by not accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Savior. ;)
not necessarily, i don't think that this is 'the unforgiveable sin' because if we do repent we will be forgiven....this sin can be forgiven.

i think it is deeper than that....it is more calling dark light, and light dark....taking what is good, calling it evil and taking what is evil, calling it good.

Paddy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adammi

A Nicene Christian not in CF's Xians Only Club
Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
@@Paul@@ said:
Whoa, that is definitely forgivable. I have heard this before and wondered where it came from. If the above were true everyone would have committed the unforgivable sin, because at one time or other everyone did not accept Jesus. Therefore no one would be able to be saved.

This is true if you mean that if we are unrepentant at our final state, then that is unforgivable, but that doesn't sound very Baptist so I assume that you are speaking of what I said first.

Upvote 0

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I would only add that those to whom Jesus was speaking (namely the Jewish leaders) were in positions of authority over the nation Israel. Their decision to reject Jesus as Messiah resounds throughout Judaism and in the hearts of millions and millions of Jews to this very hour.

That was a factor.

Also they were in positions to know Jesus is the true Messiah of Israel and should have joined John the Baptist in ushering in the King of the Jews.

That was a factor.

Also, from the finality of the encounter / confrontation "henceforth you will see me coming in the clouds" and the language Jesus used, this was thier last chance / their last offer to repent and they chose rather to blaspheme Jesus and therefore the testimony of the Holy Spirit.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

This refers to the ministry of the Holy Spirit after Jesus' departure. But he was also invovled in the ministry of Jesus:

Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Recall also that the Jewish leaders said he was casting them out by the devil / beelzebub.

Don't want to blaspheme the Holy Ghost? Believe him and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ!

Upvote 0

Paddy the Irishman

Jun 28, 2004
Visit site
✟7,709.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Good post.
totally compliment what I sed earlier with calling good evil and evil good.

The Pharisees completely called what Jesus was doing evil. Killing an innocent man. Denying the trueness of God. Rejecting Him as their Messiah. Choosing only to live by their religion. Spreading lies about His ressurection.
Now many Jews are still seeking for the coming of their Messiah, who has already come.....and with the help of the Pharisees, Satan decieving many.

You also cannot be forgiven in Heaven, becoz we choose our eternal destiny while here on earth. Whether it be life or death. It is after we pass from this realm to enter into the other where the final stages of our decision takes place.

Don't be a fool and wait until you're 'death bed'....becoz even now people are dying in car accidents, totally unaware and in a split second they are gone. Take the opportunity now before it's too late!!!!
No one knows when it is their time to die....do not wait until you are grey and old, becoz the chances of you getting there are not stable. And you may be so steeped into sin that you maybe too stubborn, therefore sealing your own fate.
Big decisions.....are you willing to take the plunge? Or are you going to wait until it's too late?

Your choice....

~PEACE~
Paddy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Organist

Hammond A102
Nov 12, 2004
California
✟12,880.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sure denying the existence of the Holy Spirit is blaspheming the Holy Spirit. However, our last pastor said if you are worried that you have done this unforgiveable sin, then you haven't done it. A person who has blasphemed the Holy Spirit would not care. Sounds reasonable to me.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think I heard it said once that the only ones who could have committed this sin were those who were with Jesus while He was alive. I am not sure what the reasoning for this is but I think it's based on the fact that they saw the miracles he was doing but yet they attributed the miracles to Satan. They basically were saying that He got His power from Satan which definitely is not true. From what I understand, this sin cannot be committed by anyone today.

Upvote 0

Paddy the Irishman

Jun 28, 2004
Visit site
✟7,709.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Holly3278 said:
I think I heard it said once that the only ones who could have committed this sin were those who were with Jesus while He was alive*. I am not sure what the reasoning for this is but I think it's based on the fact that they saw the miracles he was doing but yet they attributed the miracles to Satan. They basically were saying that He got His power from Satan which definitely is not true**. From what I understand, this sin cannot be committed by anyone today***.
* the disciples commited sins that anyone of us are able to commit...doubt, disobedience, denying Him in the face of men to save yourself. These sins are commited in the world today.

** the Pharisees were already dismissing the Messiahs claims, calling Him a heretic, a blasphemer, pretty much calling Him a devil....they were decieved and were decieving. There are many people who are being decieved, and are decieving....who want to see a sign, they get it and they don't believe....just like the Pharisees. These sins is also commited in the world today.

*** this sin can very well be commited today! Don't be decieved! Just becoz we are unsure what it is does not mean that it can't be commited!

SerenityBlue said:
I'm sure denying the existence of the Holy Spirit is blaspheming the Holy Spirit. However, our last pastor said if you are worried that you have done this unforgiveable sin, then you haven't done it. A person who has blasphemed the Holy Spirit would not care. Sounds reasonable to me.
I like what you sed, it does put it into perspective:
"A person who has blasphemed the Holy Spirit would not care."
and
"if you are worried that you have done this unforgiveable sin, then you haven't done it"

nicely put.
~peace~
Paddy

Upvote 0

Organist

Hammond A102
Nov 12, 2004
California
✟12,880.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
super_mog said:

I suppose we could consider Acts 5 - Ananias and Sapphira, who lied to the Holy Spirit, and died instantly for it. It must have been an unforgivable sin in that situation.

Upvote 0

James1979

Mar 3, 2004
✟794.00
Faith
Christian
Holly3278 said:
I think I heard it said once that the only ones who could have committed this sin were those who were with Jesus while He was alive. I am not sure what the reasoning for this is but I think it's based on the fact that they saw the miracles he was doing but yet they attributed the miracles to Satan. They basically were saying that He got His power from Satan which definitely is not true. From what I understand, this sin cannot be committed by anyone today.

You have truth Holly. We can't duplicate this sin because if we could committ this sin then that would mean that we are not one of God's people because God cannot forgive and pay for that particular sin but he could pay for any other sins. So how could we get into heaven with one sin in our lives. We can't, so if this was true and it did happen this way then we would be sent to hell forever more because God only brings in holy people(w/out sin paid by Jesus Christ) in his kingdom.

God Bless

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.