Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My son just showed me a shirt with Our Lord riding a skateboard. Is wearing this a sin? He found it here Church of Steezus Christ please help

Presumably your son is an adolescent. As the parent, of course your house your rules. But I'd argue that prudence would suggest not bearing a hammer, but a soft touch--in love you can express your discomfort with things such as this. But also, remember that children go through rebellious phases--this isn't a forever thing. At the end of the day it's only a shirt, and it shouldn't be cause enough to create antagonism between the two of you.

Let your love of your child be God's means of drawing your son to respectfulness and, ultimately, to a deeper love and appreciation of Christ. Do not be a pushover, but have the wisdom to know what battles to fight.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Ephesians321

Oct 24, 2023
Riverside
✟5,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My son just showed me a shirt with Our Lord riding a skateboard. Is wearing this a sin? He found it here Church of Steezus Christ please help
Personally I do not like any Christian clothing period whether it mocks Christ and simply a Christian advertising their faith like a personal billboard for the whole world to see. Merchandising Christ just feels so utterly wrong.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Personally I do not like any Christian clothing period whether it mocks Christ and simply a Christian advertising their faith like a personal billboard for the whole world to see. Merchandising Christ just feels so utterly wrong.

Over 20 years ago I came across what I think was a pretty obscure Christian band called Atomic Opera, the only song I really know by them was "Jesus Junk" which was a lamentation over Christian consumerist culture.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Ephesians321
Upvote 0

Ephesians321

Oct 24, 2023
Riverside
✟5,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Over 20 years ago I came across what I think was a pretty obscure Christian band called Atomic Opera, the only song I really know by them was "Jesus Junk" which was a lamentation over Christian consumerist culture.

-CryptoLutheran
Great criticism on the Christian consumerist culture... just walk it humbly, don't wear it loudly.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0