Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Changing a lane without giving signal is a behaviour that is endangering other drivers! She was lucky that she wasn't shot on the spot... which would have been completely justified.

/snark

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Changing a lane without giving signal is a behaviour that is endangering other drivers! She was lucky that she wasn't shot on the spot... which would have been completely justified.

/snark
Death as a result of drama is never justified. It's a result of chaos on steroids.

Upvote 0

Lavendar Frog

Life Is Easy When You're Purple
Jul 21, 2015
✟1,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
human right activist sandra bland get killed in Police Custody

She "committed suicide" by hanging herself in her cell.

The family has hired a private coroner to perform their own autopsy. Prayerfully, if/when this is discovered to have been a murder those responsible will be behind bars.
It's Texas. Don't hold your breath.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Killed by the police for a failure to signal when changing lanes. With all of the incidents that have been brought to light, i'm not even surprised by this assault on the citizenry by the police. It's becoming the norm.

As an isolated incident, it's tragic and disturbing. As another data point in a trend of police violence, it's absolutely terrifying.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Would you care to elaborate?
Certainly. The situation could have been avoided by both parties not overreacting and the situation escalated to an arrest because of sheer lack of respect. If

Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
AHH who-stole-my-name said:
Death as a result of drama is never justified. It's a result of chaos on steroids.

brinny said:
Would you care to elaborate?

Certainly. The situation could have been avoided by both parties not overreacting and the situation escalated to an arrest because of sheer lack of respect. If

in your first comment who were you referring to re: the steroids?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Killed by the police for a failure to signal when changing lanes. With all of the incidents that have been brought to light, i'm not even surprised by this assault on the citizenry by the police. It's becoming the norm.

As an isolated incident, it's tragic and disturbing. As another data point in a trend of police violence, it's absolutely terrifying.

neither am i. And it is disturbing and terrifying.

God help us.

Upvote 0

Lavendar Frog

Jul 21, 2015
✟1,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not aware of any law that allows for arrest due to lack of respect.
However, failure to obey a lawful order can get one arrested. Or assaulted by an officer for that matter.
In this case, I think this woman's plate was run and she was flagged on the system as a subversive who was prone to attitude. This is why the cop baited her and then took her into custody.
And quite possibly why she committed suicide. So as to make for one less black social activist in Texas.

I knew of a guy who was arrested at a Rainbow Gathering years ago. He wasn't doing anything wothy of arrest, he simply asked why the police had arrived at a quiet peaceful gathering on public property, a state park. He was arrested and the officer who cuffed him refused to allow his tent mate to give him his asthma inhaler.
The next morning when police did allow the friend to hand them the inhaler at the desk, because they'd been made to wait in the lobby all night because the desk sergeant refused the item, the Rainbow member was found hanged in his cell. Suicide don't you know? And after he nearly beat himself to death in the cell.
It's not unusual to realize there are criminals wearing badges. And quite often it is why that criminal intellect pursues law enforcement. Because they know the blue wall tradition insures they'll be above the law even as they break it while in uniform.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
in your first comment who were you referring to re: the steroids?
If you are trying to get me to take sides on stupidity, I will refuse. I don't jump on band wagons, nor do I defend actions I have not witnessed by assuming that one or the other side is total guilty or innocent.

My comment on chaos on steroids is a reflection of the state of affairs between the black community and the police.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If you are trying to get me to take sides on stupidity, I will refuse. I don't jump on band wagons, nor do I defend actions I have not witnessed by assuming that one or the other side is total guilty or innocent.

My comment on chaos on steroids is a reflection of the state of affairs between the black community and the police.

You made the comment, did you not?

I was asking for clarification whether you meant the police officer was on steroids or the woman who is now deceased.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not aware of any law that allows for arrest due to lack of respect.
However, failure to obey a lawful order can get one arrested. Or assaulted by an officer for that matter.
In this case, I think this woman's plate was run and she was flagged on the system as a subversive who was prone to attitude. This is why the cop baited her and then took her into custody.
And quite possibly why she committed suicide. So as to make for one less black social activist in Texas.

I knew of a guy who was arrested at a Rainbow Gathering years ago. He wasn't doing anything wothy of arrest, he simply asked why the police had arrived at a quiet peaceful gathering on public property, a state park. He was arrested and the officer who cuffed him refused to allow his tent mate to give him his asthma inhaler.
The next morning when police did allow the friend to hand them the inhaler at the desk, because they'd been made to wait in the lobby all night because the desk sergeant refused the item, the Rainbow member was found hanged in his cell. Suicide don't you know? And after he nearly beat himself to death in the cell.
It's not unusual to realize there are criminals wearing badges. And quite often it is why that criminal intellect pursues law enforcement. Because they know the blue wall tradition insures they'll be above the law even as they break it while in uniform.

Indeed.

Upvote 0

Lavendar Frog

Jul 21, 2015
✟1,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Any death in custody should be investigated, investigation should be for possibility of the worst possible crime, ie murder.
Investigating it as a murder, doesn't mean it actually is. Most unexplained/non-obvious suicides are investigated as murder.
The video shows nothing.
Cop gets an attitude, woman gets an attitude. Happens all the time.
We can't see the assaults because they're off camera.

I do love the jump to conclusions that cops are criminals. I have sided with cops on some items, I have sided with families. I wait to see as many facts as possible before making a determination, I also do not make assumptions based on skin color or pigment. The cop was white, the lady black has nothing to do with the case unless it is proven to be part of the case.

Even the purple frog is innocent, even if it is a poison dart frog. (from my experience, frogs look happy, toads look grumpy, that's the easiest way to tell them apart.)

Upvote 0