Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

bipolar recovery

Discussion in 'Bipolar Disorder' started by bprecovery, Feb 11, 2010.

1. bprecovery

bprecovery New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I am bipolar for the last 24 years, the first 14 years were in denial and as a result too much suffering. But last ten years, I am having a recovery journey. There is no cure and I am not looking for one. Because I found something better, wholeness in Christ Jesus. I don't want to relive the pain again, but I cannot deny that I am a better person for it either.

There is too much stigma, that is keeping the secret to recovery our Lord Jesus Christ. The Christ factor makes the med/family combination work for the better.

I was wondering if there are bipolar success story here?

2. Alive again

Alive again A daughter of the King of Kings!

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    yep, many I have known over the years here. Welcome to our forum. Things have been quiet for awhile around here.

3. RuthD

RuthD Forgiveness is so important. Supporter

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian
    I have bipolar and feel okay now even though I am going through medicine changes. I'm glad you are doing good! God bless.

4. Jeshu

Jeshu Bought by His Blood Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    Yep Christ came and freed me from my bondage to my illness and is teaching me to live with Him through all my moods however severe its impact or however bad the voices and hallucination become.

Jesus came and got my out of the pit of suicidal depression 3-4 years ago and we have stuck together since then. He has grown me a beautiful spiritual veggie patch for even in my worst depression I can find comfort and sustenance in Him.

Jesus is AWESOME, so WISE and BEAUTIFUL and WONDERFUL and so LOVING and KIND - He is the BEST Friend I have - The Word incarnated living in Spirit within me, what can evil darkness do to me now? For no matter how hard they scream they can't get in no more - though once those goats ruled my existence, now they are no more and neither is their misery!:clap::clap::clap:

Gerry is the name, be most welcome!:wave:

5. bprecovery

bprecovery New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    It may work for others to stop meds, but I have accepted taking meds. Recovery to me is not stopping meds. It is having stable life, richer because of the pain we went through. I am glad you are feeling okay, praise be to the Lord.

6. bprecovery

bprecovery New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Yeah, I am excited to hear the Jesus factor. Trully He is awesome, wise beautiful, wonderful, loving, kind, ... all the things you said million times over!!!

That is the blessing of our illness. Strange but true! We get to go deeper into such intimacy that we get His blessings.

7. RuthD

RuthD Forgiveness is so important. Supporter

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian
    I am way better off with the meds and Christ.

8. pennsyginny

pennsyginny Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Christian
    I have learned the hard way that I have to take my meds to have a stable life. God gave us meds for a reason. My second husband tried to make me feel less of a Christian when I took meds but I do not do well at all without them. I praise God for them.

9. IreneAdler

IreneAdler more binah in her finger than in your whole body

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Messianic
    I've been diagnosed since 1996.

I think cognitive behavioral therapy and a good support system as well as finding the place I fit in Christ has helped so much. Also being open, free and using opportunities to educate people about my illness so I don't feel so much like a leper.

10. Alive again

Alive again A daughter of the King of Kings!

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Absolutely, Med allowed me the stability to do the cog behav counseling and my faith allowed me th groundwork to deal with truth vs repetitive thoughts of worthlessness!! And everything else you have said!!!

Welcome to CF!

11. IreneAdler

IreneAdler more binah in her finger than in your whole body

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Messianic
    Thank you.

I hate my meds but I know that at times I have to take them. My CBT helped me realize when this was earlier than when I was so depressed I couldn't work, or before I spent every penny I had. lol.