Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump is not just the enemy of the Democrats. He's the enemy of the republican party as well. I was a lifelong republican (I'm now 70) and left the party back in dubya's second term. It took me a long time to realize we are being played by both parties. It's just a "good cop, bad cop" thing going on. Trump is no republican. He just had to join one of the parties in order to have a chance of winning, and at least he agrees the most with their "platform" if not what they actually do.

And regarding fraudulent activities, I disagree strongly. How do lifelong politicians get so disgustingly wealthy on the salary they receive?

What politician has gotten "disgustingly wealthy" while being a politician? Most of them got wealthy before they entered politics; others got wealthy after they left office and either joined lobbying/consulting firms (typical of congressmen and cabinet secretaries) or wrote books and did speaking engagements (typical of ex-presidents). Of the few that got wealthy while in office (and I can only think of one off the top of my head - Nancy Pelosi), how many of those got wealthy from their spouses' lucrative jobs?

But it's not really about money for them. It's about power. I do think trump made some missteps early in his first term since he was used to being CEO and doing what he thought best. When president you have to follow more rules. And it's not lost on my that often Trump would lose in the lower courts but win in the higher courts. Do I think he's corrupt and guilty of fraud? Yep. But in the same way that the guy doing 71 in a 70 was guilty of speeding.

How are running a scam university and trying to steal an election pedantries like doing 70 in a 71?

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry to point this out, but, I think we should remember the date the the vaccines were OFFICIALLY given approval for use? I am 99% sure that all of these conversations happened before the vaccines were actually permitted and approved for public use.

Also, I remember that quote from Harris. Personally, I thought it was 100% a dig at Trump specifically; not a policy position.
You are correct. The drug companies withheld the news of the vaccine approvals until right after the election. That can just be inconvenient timing or purposeful to influence the election for some reason. It really doesn't matter though because the planning and execution of Operation Warp Speed was under Trump's administration. Harris did nothing in this except cast doubt at the time on whether people should take the vaccine. My main point in showing this incident was showing that Harris is more concerned with political posturing that showing any real value system.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You are correct. The drug companies withheld the news of the vaccine approvals until right after the election.

That’s not correct. Pfizer didn’t even submit its request for emergency authorization until after the election.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
My main point in showing this incident was showing that Harris is more concerned with political posturing that showing any real value system.
Lol!!
Why? Because she will defer to medical experts before Trump when it comes to matters of health?

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What? The first EUA for any of the mRNA vaccines was on December 11, 2020.
Big Phrama dastardly delayed making oodles of money/history so that the fine people in the FDA couldn’t evaluate their product until after Donald Trump lost his re-election bid?

Riiight.
That is when the FDA gave EUA approval, not when Pfizer first filed for approval, which was in late November. I was wrong in one thing. It was the phase 3 findings from Pfizer that were not published until November 9, six days after the election. What I remembered was this lag between when the vaccine companies said they would finish their Phase 3 trials and publish the report and when they actually did.

As far as a monetary motive to get the vaccines out quickly, one of the best things Trump did on the COVID response was in guaranteeing several companies a known vaccine order to remove any monetary pressures to speed the vaccine approval up beyond a reasonable schedule. It was Trump's long standing policy to cut through bureaucratic red tape that got us the vaccine so fast. To give Biden his due, he did a good job of rolling out the vaccines to the public; but Biden should get very little credit for any of the vaccine development.

Anyway, the whole point was that Kamala Harris loses credibility when she casts doubt on the vaccine because it was "Trump's vaccine" and then turns around and requires people to get the vaccine. You can try to spin it any way you want; but it is an action only acceptable in the worst political circles.

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's amazing to me how someone can take a SINGLE instance of mixing up numbers, and think "Well, could only be dementia". I'll make 2 or 3 mistakes like this in a single 45 minute lesson. It happens.
Humans be humming.
Given the fact that there are cameras ALL OVER him for 70% of the day and he's mic'ed up for a good portion of that, rest assured that there would be wheelbarrows of evidence of dementia.

I'll counter with the fact that Trump frequently resembles an individual high on prescription medication but this is not about him and his lack of fitness for president. I will start another thread if needed.

Sorry? Drooping mouth? That's a kind of hyperbole
View attachment 342271
His smile is becoming uneven in his aging. But yeah.
I'd argue he looks pretty good for his age.

Why hide that guy? He looks perfectly capable.

I would love to put up a body picture of Trump in terrible physical shape but I'm not excited to body shame the guy. I'm only engaging in this discussion to reiterate how hollow a criticism of Biden sounds given who others will eventually vote for.
That is a good picture of him. Like you, I was thinking about putting up a picture of Biden falling off his bike in Delaware; but we all have these moments and we should be remembered for our better moments, not our worst. I have found though that most of our media outlets show President Biden with an avuncular look or his infectious smile most of the time. Going back in time from 2016 to today, most of the pictures of Trump shown are unflattering at best. This sort of video messaging is like mood music in a movie. It sets the tone for the news item being reported.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What politician has gotten "disgustingly wealthy" while being a politician? Most of them got wealthy before they entered politics; others got wealthy after they left office and either joined lobbying/consulting firms (typical of congressmen and cabinet secretaries) or wrote books and did speaking engagements (typical of ex-presidents). Of the few that got wealthy while in office (and I can only think of one off the top of my head - Nancy Pelosi), how many of those got wealthy from their spouses' lucrative jobs?
Yeah, like John ketchup kerry. :)

But this gives a good rundown, though it's now seven year old information. List of current members of the United States Congress by wealth - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How are running a scam university and trying to steal an election pedantries like doing 70 in a 71?
You actually bring up one of the reasons I was no fan of Trump before he became president. But like I said, once he became president and started doing stuff, he became my favorite president in the last 100 years.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. Reagan was showing decline in his second term, and Biden was showing decline well before he was elected. At least, IMO. Trump seems to be doing fine - so far at least.

If you watch Trump, he is definitely showing signs of dementia, as well, and has a family history of it. He's been doing things like claiming he beat Obama in the 2016 election (and done it so often that he's put out a statement now claiming it was intentional -- something that the video of his statements doesn't support). There is his confusing Haley with Pelosi. Also Trump has appeared to lose the track of what he was talking about in rallies, seemingly getting confused as he is speaking, before going off in a completely different direction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you watch Trump, he is definitely showing signs of dementia, as well, and has a family history of it. He's been doing things like claiming he beat Obama in the 2016 election (and done it so often that he's put out a statement now claiming it was intentional -- something that the video of his statements doesn't support). There is his confusing Haley with Pelosi. Also Trump has appeared to lose the track of what he was talking about in rallies, seemingly getting confused as he is speaking, before going off in a completely different direction.
I think he means it when he says he beat Obama in 2016. It's a dog whistle to those of us that see that election as an indictment of the Obama democrat party. Regarding the rest of it, it's what happens when a person speaks off script as often as Trump does. He is fearless when it comes to speaking. For me it's kinda comical.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
That is a good picture of him. Like you, I was thinking about putting up a picture of Biden falling off his bike in Delaware; but we all have these moments and we should be remembered for our better moments, not our worst. I have found though that most of our media outlets show President Biden with an avuncular look or his infectious smile most of the time. Going back in time from 2016 to today, most of the pictures of Trump shown are unflattering at best. This sort of video messaging is like mood music in a movie. It sets the tone for the news item being reported.
Pictures are a snapshot taken in time which can either flatter or make the person look like a fool.

Comparing pictures is a waste of time.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He came from money and then married into more of it.
Yep. Kinda like Trump, except he didn't "marry" into it. Trump was one of those rare presidents where becoming president COST him money, rather than made him money.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Yep. Kinda like Trump, except he didn't "marry" into it. Trump was one of those rare presidents where becoming president COST him money, rather than made him money.
Correction. His lying, cheating and stealing while being president cost him. While in office, he was making money on the side from the presidency, which was also probably illegal.

He cost himself money, the job did not do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I don't know if I'd agree that most of the pictures of Trump look purposefully unflattering. But where I WOULD agree is where some pretty unflattering pictures of him that BLEW up (like, got really big)...I'm thinking of him looking at the eclipse, sharpiegate, tan make up issues, or, the one where he mocks a disabled person.

But in his day to day functioning as president, I did not get the same sense as you.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I checked out the top 10. All of them made their money before taking office.

I looked at the current senators in 11-20:

12: Hoeven (R-ND): Father owned a bank
14: Johnson (R-WI): Father-in-law staked him in the plastics buisness
18: Risch (R-ID): Became millionaire trial attorney while in state legislature
19: McConnell (R-KY): In government service for 55 years (right after law school), married in Tawainese shipping family
20: Daines (R-MT): Business executive at large companies plus association with family construction business

Only Risch has at least an appearance of "iffyness" as his clients might have wanted the clout of an attorney in the legislature. (I also don't know how much money McConnell had before marrying Elaine Chow.)

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Correction. His lying, cheating and stealing while being president cost him. While in office, he was making money on the side from the presidency, which was also probably illegal.

He cost himself money, the job did not do it.
I'm thinking stuff like Russiagate. But it's not really worth arguing about. David was an adulterer and murderer, but still...

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pictures are a snapshot taken in time which can either flatter or make the person look like a fool.

Comparing pictures is a waste of time.
In a way, I agree; but watch ABC, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN at the pictures they choose to show when running one more of their endless Trump news reports. If you are conscious of it, it becomes apparent. With the election coming up, it will get more apparent.

Upvote 0