Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Get an MP3 player and download a bunch of sermons from this guy:

Jesse Duplantis

Jesse+Duplantis.jpg

Jesse Duplantis Ministries

He's a good bible preacher, he's Assemblies of God, and he's REALY funny.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone know a Bible Study online group ? AOG or COG I want to start Bible study I'm 26 and I want to learn more about my belief before moving to US
This might come as a bit of a surprise, but to my knowledge, this would be about the only forum available whereby Pentecostals and charismatics would be able to discuss the questions that you probably want to ask.

There's two things that I can suggest, the first which is more of a medium/long term solution, is to find a good online Bible college ideally somewhere close to where you intend on moving to, presuming of course that you have a place in mind. Depending on the institution that you would choose, if they have onsite classes then this would allow you to eventually meet not only with lecturers but also with fellow students where you could develop a bond which makes the sharing of ideas much easier.

Of course, most under-graduate courses (if not all of them) tend to be fairly basic in that they will only cover the basics such as with salvation, redemption, church history etc which are really only precursors to serious study.

If you can gain a good understanding of who the more respected Pentecostal, charismatic theologians are, along with the many find theologians who are deemed to be "open-but-cautious" when it comes to the things of the Spirit, then you will then discover an amazing reservoir of information and most importantly, you will then begin to discover how "easy" it can be to source the information that you are after.

For instance, when it comes to the live topic of the nature of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, if you were to obtain the book by Frank Macchia titled 'Baptized in the Spirit' you will eventually be pretty well up to speed with the state of thought on this question - but it can be tough read as he seems to expect a lot of prior knowledge on the part of the reader.

There are a lot of other superb Full Gospel scholars and of course Gordon Fee has written a number of superb books on the Holy Spirit. Probably the most important hint that I could give anyone, is to take careful note of who these people regularly quote, particularly when they are quoted in the body of the text and to a lesser degree in the footnotes. After a while you will start to pick up with who the key players are.

A good online resource where many scholarly Pentecostals and charismatics post articles is with Home - The Pneuma Foundation.

I hope this has helped.

Upvote 0

Beniamin

Dec 18, 2014
Linz , Austria
✟7,665.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I have no idea , I m praying for an answer , knowing that God will sustain my decision , In Austria is very hard for a Pentecostal to live , extremely tolerant and extremely against God , 50 % from the new born baby's in 2014 are Muslim , I want something else for my two children , I will try to find a school but I don't have so much time , Biblicist2 do u know some books on iBooks regarding the Charismatic Movement ?

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea , I m praying for an answer , knowing that God will sustain my decision , In Austria is very hard for a Pentecostal to live , extremely tolerant and extremely against God , 50 % from the new born baby's in 2014 are Muslim , I want something else for my two children , I will try to find a school but I don't have so much time , Biblicist2 do u know some books on iBooks regarding the Charismatic Movement ?
Wow . . . that's a big ask as the depth and breadth of Full Gospel theology is enormous. A couple of years ago I posted a thread which provided some information on those who have written on Full Gospel issues (and with links) so this might help a bit. As that particular sub-forum is now 'read-only' I probably should move it over here and update it.

As for generic free on-line books, most of the better authors/material seems to be either provided in print or within online subscription journals - which means that there will be a yearly cost to access the material.

Even after you've been able to gain a good understanding of who the more renowned scholars are, it will still take some time (many months or a year or two) before most people would be able to come to grips with the strengths and weaknesses of these scholars.

For instance, there is probably little value with going to a classic-Pentecostal scholar regarding the Baptism in the Holy Spirit (other than with the AoG scholar Gordon Fee) as they are still compelled to follow the party line on this issue; but most Full Gospel scholars have moved away from the classic understanding of the BHS. As I mentioned earlier, Macchia is a must read in this field - but again, there is no e-book edition. About the only way you will be able to access electronic editions of the better material, is to sign up with a major education institution that provides free access to the various Christian academic online resources - you will need to ask the institutions about this.

From my perspective, it is probably impossible to gain the type of information that I think that you are after via free online sources; but again, spend a bit of time perousing through the complicated Pnuema Foundation site which can provide a lot of interesting links - most importantly, try to get to know who the various authors are.

For an example of a good resource; as the Book of Acts is a must read for any Pentecostal and charismatic, this means that the monumental four volume work by Craig Keener is an absolute compulsory purchase - but, as with most of these books they are not available online, which means that these many superb texts will probably have to follow you to the US by ship.

Essentially, there is no easy way around this, it all takes time and a lot of hard work just to find out who the better commentators are and particularly with their strengths and weaknesses.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Derek Prince is a good source for Charismatic books. I dont agree with all his stuff but he is quite good.

I personally like Mike Bickle and the IHOP movement. He has several books worth reading from a Charismatic view.

John Lake...

Even Smith Wigglesworth though he is more of a Pentecostal slant...

Biblicist is right, this forum is about the only resource on the internet where you can ask questions freely and not have to worry too much over being removed. I have tried others but this is by far the best IMHO

Upvote 0