Bible-Creation-Evolution (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your desire not to contradict a book you have decided is true without considering the real world?
We consider the Bible to be true because as much as we are able to verify the Bible it has proven to always be true. Not all the interpertation and even some of the translations have always been accurate. But the Bible itself has always been shown to be accurate and true. As each new generation tests and verifys what they are reading. Science is a wonderful tool to help us better understand our Bible.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I will word it gooder...

You can fly unassisted in zero gravity.
Zero Gravity? No such thing. So long as you are in this universe then gravity plays a role; even your body causes gravitational effects.

The only way to counteract the effects of gravity is through speed, by achieving escape velocity or by falling at the same speed that gravity affects you (10 metres per second squared).

YouTube - Gravity - From Newton to Einstein - The Elegant Universe

Upvote 0

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We consider the Bible to be true because as much as we are able to verify the Bible it has proven to always be true.
Six day creation isn't true. Noah's flood never happened. The evidence suggests that there was no exodus from Egypt, and no Hebrew conquest of Canaan. (The Canaanites became the Hebrews.)

Not all the interpertation and even some of the translations have always been accurate. But the Bible itself has always been shown to be accurate and true.
It is more true and accurate than your statement, which is to say: Not very.

As each new generation tests and verifys what they are reading.
Could you finish that sentence? It needs an independent clause.
Science is a wonderful tool to help us better understand our Bible.
Indeed, science has show us that the Bible is certainly not the inerrant "Word of God'.

:wave:

Upvote 0

rjc34

Feb 22, 2011
✟1,769.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Six day creation isn't true. Noah's flood never happened. The evidence suggests that there was no exodus from Egypt, and no Hebrew conquest of Canaan. (The Canaanites became the Hebrews.)

It is more true and accurate than your statement, which is to say: Not very.

Could you finish that sentence? It needs an independent clause.
Indeed, science has show us that the Bible is certainly not the inerrant "Word of God'.

:wave:

I was going to reply with exactly this :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Assume the past was different based on what?
Based on the fact you do not know what it was like so who cares what you assume! I do not need to do a lot of assuming, I have the records.

Your desire not to contradict a book you have decided is true without considering the real world?
No. I considered the present world. Our world that exhibits different state qualities as soon as the spiritual is applied on a local situation. (like the loaves and fishes). Or is your last Thurdayism so extreme that you want to dismiss all records and witnesses, and experiences of man?
And as for an example of how things were the same back then? I've already mentioned radiological dating. The different elements used allow us to cross check. And many of the different elements used allow us to measure time going back several billion years. All the different techniques agree with each other. if the laws by which the radioactive decay of each element worked differently in the past, why do they all agree?

They must agree, or they are hammered into place. They all start out assuming present laws anyhow. So naturally they will be wrong in concert. Very circular and in box.
Try to get this straight, same state dating is flushed forever. Worthless. Until you FIRST prove a same state past, you can't use it.

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
:thumbsup:
You get it, out of a gravitational field.
See, it is possible, without even mentioning God, lol.

So, like I said, the god axiom was useless in helping us determine anything. Science helped us again.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

And how do you do this application of the spiritual?
You add the spiritual to the physical world here. Simple. Notice that God is involved.

Nope. I just want to work with the verifiable records of man, not the unverifiable records.
You better upgrade your verification abilities if you want to play outside the present state physical only.

A same state past is proved by the fact that we get meaningful results from it.
Such as...?

Upvote 0

Tiberius

Jun 28, 2005
✟6,911.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You add the spiritual to the physical world here. Simple. Notice that God is involved.

Please describe the application of the spiritual to the physical in detail, explaining how the process is objective and not subjective.

Oh wait, you can't...

You better upgrade your verification abilities if you want to play outside the present state physical only.

Please show me conclusive evidence (that means testable and repeatable) that reality other than physical exists, including methods by which we can test it and repeat its effects.

Such as...?

I keep mentioning the different dating techniques, you keep ignoring them...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archer93

Nov 20, 2007
✟17,101.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Based on the fact you do not know what it was like so who cares what you assume! I do not need to do a lot of assuming, I have the records.

No. I considered the present world. Our world that exhibits different state qualities as soon as the spiritual is applied on a local situation. (like the loaves and fishes). Or is your last Thurdayism so extreme that you want to dismiss all records and witnesses, and experiences of man?

They must agree, or they are hammered into place. They all start out assuming present laws anyhow. So naturally they will be wrong in concert. Very circular and in box.
Try to get this straight, same state dating is flushed forever. Worthless. Until you FIRST prove a same state past, you can't use it.

Hang on- are you saying that the loaves and fishes event was normal by the physical laws of the time?

Edit- sorry- really bad phrasing. Posted in a hurry.

Are you saying that a local event like the loaves and fishes had such a lasting and wideranging effect that it became part of the normal operation of the laws of physics?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On

dr-seuss-cat-in-hat.jpg

This thread has been cleaned and a (large!) number of off topic posts have been removed.
Please keep tp creation/evolution in this forum and please STOP belittling one another.

An interesting but off topic discussion of Biblical contradictictions has been split to a new thread:
Biblical history - contradictions?

Stay on topic folks, please.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0
The evidence suggests that there was no exodus from Egypt, and no Hebrew conquest of Canaan. (The Canaanites became the Hebrews.)
It is believed that the Hebrews lived in the city of Tel ed-Daba. In Ancient Time, as today flood planes make a great place to grow food. If it were not for floods you would not have civilization as we know it today. Later on the Egyptians developed irrigation, so they could feed more people and become more populated. The trade mark for the Hebrews has always been their genetic purity. So it is easy to use those markers to see they were in Egypt at the time.

For the most part you make a lot of wild claims with a total lack of evidence. We back up what we say with evidence from genetics, archeology, science and so on. In addition to the historical documents in the Bible we use other written historical documents from that time. Moses used the Egyptian Papyrus. Before Moses they usually engraved on clay.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hang on- are you saying that the loaves and fishes event was normal by the physical laws of the time?

Edit- sorry- really bad phrasing. Posted in a hurry.

Are you saying that a local event like the loaves and fishes had such a lasting and wideranging effect that it became part of the normal operation of the laws of physics?
No. I am saying that when we add the spiritual locally, things are different there and then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It is believed that the Hebrews lived in the city of Tel ed-Daba. In Ancient Time, as today flood planes make a great place to grow food. If it were not for floods you would not have civilization as we know it today. Later on the Egyptians developed irrigation, so they could feed more people and become more populated. The trade mark for the Hebrews has always been their genetic purity. So it is easy to use those markers to see they were in Egypt at the time.

For the most part you make a lot of wild claims with a total lack of evidence. We back up what we say with evidence from genetics, archeology, science and so on. In addition to the historical documents in the Bible we use other written historical documents from that time. Moses used the Egyptian Papyrus. Before Moses they usually engraved on clay.

What evidence of genetics is this again?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please describe the application of the spiritual to the physical in detail, explaining how the process is objective and not subjective.
There are many differences in the nature of the pre flood world I have mentioned in detail. There are also scores of miracles all showing precise changes that go on when the spiritual is added to the mix here.
Please show me conclusive evidence (that means testable and repeatable) that reality other than physical exists, including methods by which we can test it and repeat its effects.
You testing ability is limited to the physical! You know not what you ask..:)

I keep mentioning the different dating techniques, you keep ignoring them...

Then let me give them attention now. They are bogus, all. Same state conjurings.

Upvote 0
What evidence of genetics is this again?
If you do not know about DNA a good place to start would be Bryan Sykes book: "The Seven Daughters of Eve: The Science that Reveals Our Genetic Ancestry". Bryan Sykes Although the work that has to do with the Hebrew people is going on at the University in Jerusalem. Sykes was the first to find ancient DNA in the tooth of a skull where it is fairly well protected by the enamel for even up to 10,000 years or longer. The most popular Hebrew study was the discovery of the Cohen Gene. There are other studies, but that one is by far the most well known.

"Recent excavations of Tel ed-Daba, located in the Nile delta area and referred to in the Bible as the land of Goshen (Genesis 45:10 and 47:27), have revealed it to be the ancient city of Avaris. An examination of the tombs in this area has produced the startling discovery that the people who populated the area were from Palestine and Syria. Rohl believes these were the children of Israel. Another interesting discovery is that the area has a much higher percentage of infant burials than what has been found at other ancient archeological sites. Rohl believes this is due to the Egyptian slaughter of the Israelite infant males at the time of the birth of Moses."

Upvote 0

Tiberius

Jun 28, 2005
✟6,911.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
There are many differences in the nature of the pre flood world I have mentioned in detail. There are also scores of miracles all showing precise changes that go on when the spiritual is added to the mix here.

You have mentioned nothing in detail.

And you have not provided any evidence at all for any of your claims.

You testing ability is limited to the physical! You know not what you ask..:)

You assume that there is a spiritual side which is not proven. You have only your gut feelings to go on, and no way to verify them.

Then let me give them attention now. They are bogus, all. Same state conjurings.

Ah, wow, that sure showed me.

Now how have you verified that they are bogus? All you keep doing is saying "Fraid not!" and never giving any reason why!

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have mentioned nothing in detail.

And you have not provided any evidence at all for any of your claims.
Evidence comes in the form of records. Science can't deal in the spiritual, let alone the spiritual of the far past! The miracles I have mentioned often with some details, like food replicating or bodies transported, etc. I have also detailed many differences of the pre and near flood eras.
http://splitmerge.webs.com/split.pdf

You assume that there is a spiritual side which is not proven.
You assume that there isn't a spiritual side which is not proven. The witnesses line up to agree with me.
Now how have you verified that they are bogus?
Easy. Until a same state past is proven, the stuff built on that belief is bogus.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.