On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What dispys and christadelphians and even jws do is believe the bible according to how their LEADERS interpret it. And you would find that these groups are founded by man and not led by the holy spirit...and diminish thus Jesus role in their lives as the head and replace it with a church man.
Yep, sola ecclesia.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, you are right. I just don't want it to go unsaid how very "We are the innies and everyone else are the outties" this is. I grew up in such a home, and had to repent of such arrogance.
I grew up in congregations that were basically supremacist in the way you describe.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The point is to differentiate between believers who use "bible only" and "bible and tradition". So, while we may all be "bible believing Christians", some are actually "bible and tradition believing Christians".
Everybody is a bible and tradition believing Christian, though not all are aware of it.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Many however, are careful about which has more authority.
I agree. I use scripture as my foundation and tradition to help clarify them but my understanding is continually evolving.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Everybody is a bible and tradition believing Christian, though not all are aware of it.
As Rick said, some place Bible and Tradition on the same plane. Others use a hierarchy of bible first and then tradition to see if you have an understanding from the bible that made it into the first or second or third generation of Christians.

IOW, there is in fact a radical difference between those who use Tradition and Bible to form their religion versus those who use bible first and tradition second to form their religion.

Upvote 0